Who can beat Seattle in Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Good points and we can probably eliminate Carolina with key injuries they've suffered recently. Should still be an interesting game the way their defense is playing. I'll give you that we can't draw too much from the first game of the year. Countless adjustments have been made since then. I just think if passing the ball is what you thrive on, that plays into Seattle's strength. Anytime you have Rodgers, you'll always have a chance to win against anyone.

I think with the way our offense is playing right now it really comes to what a team gives us. This has been very evident in our last three games. If you play 6 in the box were gonna pound it with Lacey and have been able too against stout fronts that have played us that way. If you drop guys down in the box were gonna play 5 on 5 with Rodgers looking for the right match up in the short passing game.

What I have found refreshing as a Packer fan is lately we haven't been forcing the deep passing game like we have in the past at times. Well see if that stays the same.

Yes. This team is nothing like it was early in the season. Like you posted "adjustments", different guys playing in key spots, younger guys not playing like first game rookie's, team finding identity, etc. etc.

I mean Detroit dominated us more then any team has this year in week 2 holding us to 7 points. We all saw how the tables got turned a couple weeks ago. If we end up playing the Seahawks it should be a good game.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Good points and we can probably eliminate Carolina with key injuries they've suffered recently. Should still be an interesting game the way their defense is playing. I'll give you that we can't draw too much from the first game of the year. Countless adjustments have been made since then. I just think if passing the ball is what you thrive on, that plays into Seattle's strength. Anytime you have Rodgers, you'll always have a chance to win against anyone.

I am curious to see how the Seahawks interior D-line holds up against the Panthers. It appears there has been a cumulative effect of injuries and off season departures to that area that might have opened up a hole in the armor. Well See,

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am curious to see how the Seahawks interior D-line holds up against the Panthers. It appears there has been a cumulative effect of injuries and off season departures to that area that might have opened up a hole in the armor. Well See,

I think the Panthers will be able to hang around for much of the game, in what will prove to be a low scoring affair. I just don't see Newton making enough plays for Carolina to win, however.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I think the Panthers will be able to hang around for much of the game, in what will prove to be a low scoring affair. I just don't see Newton making enough plays for Carolina to win, however.

That's pretty much where I am at. I hope Kam proves us and everyone wrong though. ;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I still think the Pack *can* beat Seattle in Seattle. Although it sounds like the announcers, the commentators and the league advertisements have already crowned Seattle. But last night, the Seahawks looked very good at home. For the Packers to win, they will have to keep from turning the ball over, spy someone on Lynch and Aaron Rodgers will have to play up to MVP level.

Sky King

Reaction score
I still think the Pack *can* beat Seattle in Seattle. Although it sounds like the announcers, the commentators and the league advertisements have already crowned Seattle. But last night, the Seahawks looked very good at home. For the Packers to win, they will have to keep from turning the ball over, spy someone on Lynch and Aaron Rodgers will have to play up to MVP level.
Once again: "There ain't a cowboy can't be throwed and ain't a horse that can't be rode." (Note: The order has been reversed, as applicable.)

Bridcarper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two fantastic games last night, both for different reasons. Thought the 'hawks looked very strong and it was so loud. Had to turn the volume down cos it was early morning here.

But, I'm convinced that today's match up with the Cowboys is our biggest test. Get through this and I am sure that we will be off to Arizona.

I can see Rodgers guiding us safely through though - by a one score margin.

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed... 2 great games yesterday. Patriots coming back twice from down 14... I thought the 2nd time Ravens got up game would be over.

Seattle pass defense on their right side (side opposite of Sherman) was very suspect... Maxwell was out. But I still think Packers do not match up well with them, especially in Seattle. Wilson had a great game at QB.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were the Seahawks and their fans, I wouldn't be overly thrilled with last night's game. Not to diminish their win or how good they are, but it was close into the 4th quarter, and the Panthers were driving for a score with 6 minutes to go to make it a one score game again when Chancellor's INT/TD salted it away.
Seattle won with big plays; Wilson was outstanding on offense - note while being kept in the pocket- and the defense came up with turnovers. But they were playing a very limited opponent that had too many deficiencies- WR, OL,etc- to overcome. And Newton made several killer mistakes. As an example, on the INT/TD, he had a wide open checkdown to a back that is likely a first down if not more. He misses Chancellor in excellent position and throws a bad pass to the inside instead of out. Think Seattle can count on Rodgers to make such mistakes?
Yes, they're a formidable opponent, but not the way ESPN gushed this morning as if the game was 50-0 and a blowout from the opening kickoff.
They can be had.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If I were the Seahawks and their fans, I wouldn't be overly thrilled with last night's game. Not to diminish their win or how good they are, but it was close into the 4th quarter, and the Panthers were driving for a score with 6 minutes to go to make it a one score game again when Chancellor's INT/TD salted it away.
Seattle won with big plays; Wilson was outstanding on offense - note while being kept in the pocket- and the defense came up with turnovers. But they were playing a very limited opponent that had too many deficiencies- WR, OL,etc- to overcome. And Newton made several killer mistakes. As an example, on the INT/TD, he had a wide open checkdown to a back that is likely a first down if not more. He misses Chancellor in excellent position and throws a bad pass to the inside instead of out. Think Seattle can count on Rodgers to make such mistakes?
Yes, they're a formidable opponent, but not the way ESPN gushed this morning as if the game was 50-0 and a blowout from the opening kickoff.
They can be had.

Exactly, Seattle's big defense got "out gained" by Carolina with very limited weapons and they won the game with a 3-0 turn over advantage converting 2 of those to 14 points.

Reaction score
They can be had.
The only reason it was close in the 4th quarter is because Seattle don't blow teams out. It's just not in their identity. Even so, Carolina never looked like they had a chance, so I count it as a dominant victory.

D

Deleted member 6794

They can be had.

Exactly, Seattle's big defense got "out gained" by Carolina with very limited weapons and they won the game with a 3-0 turn over advantage converting 2 of those to 14 points.

The only reason this game was close was because of the Panthers having a great defense as well. I like the improved version of our defense but it's nowhere as good as Carolina's, especially at the ILB position which is crucial to stop Lynch from running wild.

Once again if Maxwell can't play the Packers should be able to exploit Simon but other than that the Seahawks defense didn't show a whole lot of weaknesses.

The Packers would have to play a superb game in all three phases of the game to win in Seattle, everybody thinking differently isn't being realistic about the Seahawks talent level.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree the Packers will need to play pretty much perfect, Captain.
My point was their win last night- especially against the competition- was not as incredible as their sycophants at ESPN would have us believe.

Kimbo Blubbeus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas not only beat them, but the game really wasn't as close as the score indicated. A couple of careless fumbles deep in their own territory and a blocked punt was the only thing keeping that game close.

Seattle looks vulnerable and I believe today's winner will go on to dethrone them next week.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
My point was their win last night- especially against the competition- was not as incredible as their sycophants at ESPN would have us believe.
The only times you hear the sports media blubber on about the Packers is because they truly like the team.

99% of the time it's all about sucking up to the big cities with NFL teams. More viewers. When they talk about the Packers it's for real since nobody in their right mind is gonna suck up to a town with 100,000 inhabitants. lol

I always keep in mind that all a TV show is there to do is to keep you watching until the commercial comes on. :eek:

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watch to try to glean some insights or more of injury updates and such. Otherwise, Mklangelo, yeah, the pregame shows are pretty useless.

PackersRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle is overated. Their D isn't the D last year and their O-line is laughable. Wilson isn't that great a QB. He's been lucky more than anything.

GB is going to destroy the Seachickens. This is a FACT. Even with a hobbled Rodgers I predict a blowout.. that's right.. a blowout in Seattle.

GB 32
Seattle 7

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle is overated. Their D isn't the D last year and their O-line is laughable. Wilson isn't that great a QB. He's been lucky more than anything.

GB is going to destroy the Seachickens. This is a FACT. Even with a hobbled Rodgers I predict a blowout.. that's right.. a blowout in Seattle.

GB 32
Seattle 7

Don't let your enthusiasm for today's game let you post things that others will taunt you with later.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score

GB 32
Seattle 7
Seattle is a very good team with no glaring weaknesses.

PackersRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One word 'SIMONS'. He is their weakness. Did you see the Panthers game? He was getting burned repeatedly. We need to expose that and keep throwing on that guy. That guy is their weaklink and we will keep getting first downs and touchdowns if we keep throwing against him.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The Packers will be lucky to win in Seattle. My prediction, Seattle 31, Green Bay 17. After watching all the games so far this weekend, the two teams I think will be playing Feb. 1st are Seattle and New England.

Status
Not open for further replies.