Who can beat Seattle in Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will be lucky to win in Seattle. My prediction, Seattle 31, Green Bay 17. After watching all the games so far this weekend, the two teams I think will be playing Feb. 1st are Seattle and New England.

Yes, the home teams will be favored next week. Just like Minnesota was in '98.

How'd that Broncos-Vikings Super Bowl turn out anyway?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Yes, the home teams will be favored next week. Just like Minnesota was in '98.

How'd that Broncos-Vikings Super Bowl turn out anyway?
Typical Packer fan reply. Can't discuss the game next week without taking a dig at my team.

Here's a fact for you. The Packers haven't beat a team with a winning record on the road since October 14, 2012 in Houston. I don't expect that to change next week. The Packers don't score as many points on the road as they do at home and their defense gives up more points on the road than at home. Can they win, sure, anything is possible. But I don't see it.

BTW, one thing people forget about 98 is that the Falcons were a 14-2 team coming into MN that year.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Here's a fact for you. The Packers haven't beat a team with a winning record on the road since October 14, 2012 in Houston.
Actually we beat Miami on the road this year and they had a winning record. So... whatever.

Is it also true that the Minnesota Vikings trophy case serves double duty as an echo chamber?

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW, one thing people forget about 98 is that the Falcons were a 14-2 team coming into MN that year.

Yeah I always think that. The Falcons were a very good team. I don't see why it was such a shocker that they were able to sneak past the Vikings.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Actually we beat Miami on the road this year and they had a winning record. So... whatever.

Is it also true that the Minnesota Vikings trophy case serves double duty as an echo chamber?
Ah yes, the trophy case jokes. You Packer fans need to learn that it does not bother us Viking fans anymore. Think maybe you can discuss next weeks game rather than the shortcomings of my team in the SB on this thread? Oh, I'm sorry, I am supposed be all, "The Packer will kick Seattle out or the stadium next week."

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Ummm. Yep. If you want to talk about a game, you would actually have to know when it was played. What happened after it is really irrelevant.
Again, the Dolphins were 2-2 when the Packers played them. With victories over the Pats and the Raiders.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It BETTER be the Packers. If things play out the way I think they're going to play out .... it'll HAVE to be the Packers. Granted, anything can happen before the Pack go to Seattle, but the Pack can't expect a repeat of what Carolina did to the Cowboys following the '96 season.

It BETTER be the Packers.
It is STILL the Pack! Hot damn. Go Pack.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Dallas did beat them in Seattle, but then you beat us so I'd say there's a 174% chance the Seahawks are yours for the taking :)

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
We can beat them. No doubt.
Gotta play great though. No big mistakes.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Those things that happened in the past do not necessarily predict the future... someone mentioned that we don't match up well with Seattle... I agree..., still we play the game.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle don't have much of a pass rush - just like Dallas. The key difference is that they have a great secondary, unlike Dallas. If Rodgers get's his calf fixed I think you have a fighting chance.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle don't have much of a pass rush - just like Dallas. The key difference is that they have a great secondary, unlike Dallas. If Rodgers get's his calf fixed I think you have a fighting chance.

That calf isn't gonna get better until the offseason.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.soundboard.com/sb/Carl_Gerbschmidt_audio
Typical Packer fan reply. Can't discuss the game next week without taking a dig at my team.

Here's a fact for you. The Packers haven't beat a team with a winning record on the road since October 14, 2012 in Houston. I don't expect that to change next week. The Packers don't score as many points on the road as they do at home and their defense gives up more points on the road than at home. Can they win, sure, anything is possible. But I don't see it.

Didn't know that '98 game was still such a raw wound. Thought you mightbe in better humor seeing the Cowboys squirm about one; especially after Drew Pearson pushed off on Nate Wright in 1975.

Last edited:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Didn't know that '98 game was still such a raw wound. Thought you mightbe in better humor seeing the Cowboys squirm about one; especially after Drew Pearson pushed off on Nate Wright in 1975.
The 98 game don't bother me. People just have this great misconception that the Vikings lost to a lesser team that year. The Falcons were darn good during the regular season. Although I still think the Vikings could have taken Denver that year. Drew Pearson pushing off, that's so old, but it is one of the reasons I hate the Cowboys. That and whole "Americas" team crap.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 98 game don't bother me. People just have this great misconception that the Vikings lost to a lesser team that year. The Falcons were darn good during the regular season. Although I still think the Vikings could have taken Denver that year. Drew Pearson pushing off, that's so old, but it is one of the reasons I hate the Cowboys. That and whole "Americas" team crap.

Hello. Nice to meet you.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I always think that. The Falcons were a very good team. I don't see why it was such a shocker that they were able to sneak past the Vikings.

Yes, those Falcons were 14-2 but no one was giving them any chance against that Vikings team in the Metrodome. I think there's a little postgame revisionism going on here. Maybe it salves the pain of that loss for Minnesota fans.

They were up 20-7 in the second quarter and would have cinched the game if Gary Anderson hadn't missed his only field goal attempt of the year in the fourth. It was a shocker.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You're a devout Viking fan posting regularly on the message board of your archrivals. It's kind of to be expected. I'd expect similar treatment if I was shooting it with the guys at KFAN.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From everything I've seen, Raptorman has been nice and respectful so I think we owe him respect as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts