Who can beat Seattle in Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Actually there were a number of people who seem to be questioning Bennett's skill level

Also, Bennett doesn't just rush from one spot. They tend to move him around.

I'm not trying to argue that the Packers' oline is going to get dominated. I'm simply saying that if you expect the Seahawks dline to GET dominated then you'll probably be disappointed.

This Bennett guy isn't Reggie White okay. I wouldn't be surprised if we dominated them up front. I believe Detroit is stronger up front and it really isn't that close. If we play the Seahawks there going to have to put extra guys in the box to stop our run game. Our offensive line might be playing better then any in football right now. If they do that then it opens up our passing game and 5 on 5 and maybe some 4 on 5 with there LB's matched up on some of our skill guys.

My point is that if we play Seattle again you better believe we can beat em and all this week 1 talk doesn't mean a whole lot at this point.

Last edited:

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any team can beat seatle in seatle....just has to be the right day and circumstances. that's why they play the game...and that's why gambling is high $$$$$$.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it incomprehensible that people are actually arguing that Bennett is not a great defensive end. Is he the pass rusher that Wake is? No, but he's still a pretty good pass rusher. He is, however, a better run defender than Wake. In 2014 Bennett had 11 "stuffs" according to ESPN (tackles for loss not including sacks) and Wake had 1. Last year Bennett had 5 stuffs and Wake, again, had 1. PFF gave Bennett a rush defense grade of +15.5 this year and Wake got -1.9 (for reference Bennett's pass rush grade was +21.3 while Wake's was +36.3).

Is Wake a better player overall? Yeah but not by a bunch and, seeing that Wake is one of the best defensive ends in the NFL, that doesn't mean that Bennett is not also great. Calais Campbell isn't as good as JJ Watt, does that mean Campbell is suddenly a mediocre player?

But I guess I'm wrong and the Seahawks have managed to, for the first time ever, field the best defense in the NFL without having any high level players on the dline....

Actually there were a number of people who seem to be questioning Bennett's skill level

Also, Bennett doesn't just rush from one spot. They tend to move him around.

I'm not trying to argue that the Packers' oline is going to get dominated. I'm simply saying that if you expect the Seahawks dline to GET dominated then you'll probably be disappointed.

Nobody is saying Bennett is not a good player. He is good.

All I've said is I don't think he's capabale of dominating a game like Wake is.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With losing star it would be a epic upset if Carolina won this weekend

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
With losing star it would be a epic upset if Carolina won this weekend

It's all gonna come down to Kam making some plays. If he can focus on the game and playing more then his "stupid first down dance" I think they can stay in it. If they can stay in it anything can happen.

They have a history of defending the read option and the Seahawks well.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's all gonna come down to Kam making some plays. If he can focus on the game and playing more then his "stupid first down dance" I think they can stay in it. If they can stay in it anything can happen.

Newton looked terrible vs. the Cardinals though. He doesn't seem to be a 100% and it affects his throwing motion.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Newton looked terrible vs. the Cardinals though. He doesn't seem to be a 100% and it affects his throwing motion.

He couldn't hit a backside of barn it seemed against Zona and he had wide open receivers. He is not the type of guy that I would bet to clutch up but you never know.

I don't think the stage is too big for him. He has won a national championship in college and has playoff experience. We can only hope for the best. I give him a better shot then the QB's the Seahawks have been facing lately. They might be able to get some run going with there own read-option.

I expect the Seahawks to do what they do and crowd the box and force Kam to throw.

I am not predicting a Carolina win here but think it might be closer then people think.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

He couldn't hit a backside of barn it seemed against Zona and he had wide open receivers. He is not the type of guy that I would bet to clutch up but you never know.

I don't think the stage is too big for him. He has won a national championship in college and has playoff experience. We can only hope for the best. I give him a better shot then the QB's the Seahawks have been facing lately. They might be able to get some run going with there own read-option.

I expect the Seahawks to do what they do and crowd the box and force Kam to throw.

I am not predicting a Carolina win here but think it might be closer then people think.

I expect the Panthers to keep it a close game but don't see them pulling off the upset. Losing Lotulelei really hurts them.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I took a close look at the match up last night and I dont think it will be close. But hey, any given sunday right?

I would love to go into Sunday knowing both teams are playing for a home playoff game

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I took a close look at the match up last night and I dont think it will be close. But hey, any given sunday right?

I would love to go into Sunday knowing both teams are playing for a home playoff game

Yeah, if anything it might also give us a better barometer of this current Seahawks team as I am not that impressed with there recent string of opponents. Like I shared in earlier post I really want to see how they hold up with just two guys left inside from day 1 roster on the D-line. That can be critical when you play a 4-3 and running out of meat. Both these guys are usually limited snap guys too so well see.

I mean imagine if we were giving Jolly a phone call right now.

ICEBOWLER

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carolina will play the Hags very close this weekend. It will not shock me if they pull off the upset. However, I beleive the Pack/Boyz game will be THE game of this round (possibly the playoffs), and that the eventual winner will defeat the Sea Hags. Both the Pack and Dallas are more than capable (Dallas having spanked that butt already), and both teams have the personnel and schemes to accomplish it.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score

The Panthers haven't beaten the Hawks since 2007 and have been out scored by them 72-32 in the 4 games it represents.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could the Panthers beat the Seahawks? Sure they could, but it would probably be one of the biggest NFL upsets of all time.
I don't see the game being close.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The Panthers haven't beaten the Hawks since 2007 and have been out scored by them 72-32 in the 4 games it represents.

The Hawks beat them 13-9 this year and 12-7 last year and 16-12 the year before that with all of them coming down to the final drive. Do we really need to go back farther then that? I mean I think that's a pretty fair sample size. I mean how many of these guys were even on the team in 2011.

I am not parading a big Carolina win here but I think 11 points is way too many against a good Carolina defense. The spread is that high because it's at Seattle in front of the 12's. I am not falling for it. The Seahawks looked unimpressive in there last game against the Rams that was closer then the scoreboard says. I haven't really seen them play a decent QB in awhile either.

I know Carolina lost a defensive tackle but they recently shut down both New Orleans and Atlanta which are offenses that can put up points. They haven't given up over 17 points since November 30th. They also have a nice win when they waxed Detroit 24-7 earlier in the season.

On the other side Seattle is using a converted TE they signed from the Niners to replace newly injured Jordan Hill who was already replacing someone in there nickle on the D-line. There running out of bodies up front. This Seattle D-line is showing cracks and has been decimated by injuries and off-season losses. Plug and play is great but some where along the way the pedal breaks. Well see.

I don't love this game because I don't trust Kam. If Kam can make some plays it will be close and I would give them a chance to win as any team has in a close game. If my hand was forced I would take the 11 points.

Last edited:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody is saying Bennett is not a good player. He is good.

All I've said is I don't think he's capabale of dominating a game like Wake is.

I guess if you only look at the pass rush I would agree that Wake is better. Bennett is by no means a slouch but he's simply really good, not terrific. However, if we also look at run defense then Bennett is much better than Wake. That's why I'd put them on par. You can run at Wake and do well. Can't do that to Bennett nearly as much.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care how good the individuals are, Seattle has more than shown their defense can play more than adequately as a team. They do their jobs and fly to the ball and hit people. It's kind of nice to see as a football fan. I think if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot we can put up quite a few points on them. I want to win this weekend and see if we get the chance too , I'm not afraid of them, but I'm not discounting their defense either.

Johneric8

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any team can beat seatle in seatle....just has to be the right day and circumstances. that's why they play the game...and that's why gambling is high $$$$$$.

While this is true, only one team has shown that they can do it and that is the Dallas Cowboys.

Johneric8

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And for the second time, winning 30-23 is a close game. Dallas didn't have the lead for good until about 3 minutes to go and Seattle had a game tying drive opportunity.

Please try to refrain from simply making stuff up when visiting our forum.

I believe there is major delusion in your post buddy.... Anyone who watched that game knows the Boys outplayed the Seahawks very badly regardless of the score....... Cowboys on that day looked far superior ..

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

We have to beat the Cowboys, or they have to beat us first this weekend before EITHER of us get a crack at the Seahawks.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe there is major delusion in your post buddy.... Anyone who watched that game knows the Boys outplayed the Seahawks very badly regardless of the score....... Cowboys on that day looked far superior ..

Agreed. I watched the game and thought Dallas dominated. If I remember correctly, Seattle got 17 points off Dallas special teams foul ups.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Agreed. I watched the game and thought Dallas dominated. If I remember correctly, Seattle got 17 points off Dallas special teams foul ups.

Exactly, that was a situation where Dallas was trying to give the game away and Seattle still couldn't pull it out. Should of been at least a two TD win.

The frustration was so high that Harvin was soon gone.

THEHEREAFTER

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a reason Seattle has only lost twice at home in 3 full seasons. Not too many teams match up well with them. You have to be able to match up well with them physically and have a smashmouth mentality. You must match up well in the trenches and be prepared for a 60 minute fight. A finesse based team won't win there. I'd say Carolina and Dallas only have a realistic chance.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
There's a reason Seattle has only lost twice at home in 3 full seasons. Not too many teams match up well with them. You have to be able to match up well with them physically and have a smashmouth mentality. You must match up well in the trenches and be prepared for a 60 minute fight. A finesse based team won't win there. I'd say Carolina and Dallas only have a realistic chance.

I don't know what games you have been watching the last two months. You could argue our offensive line is playing better then anyone in football right now. Our defense since our bye week is in the top 5 I believe in "yards per carry". We were the only team I believe this season that had a 100 yard rusher against the no.1 rated Detroit Lions run defense in week 17.

We can play both ways. Were just not limited like the Seahawks and Panthers are and forced to play "small ball"

THEHEREAFTER

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what games you have been watching the last two months. You could argue our offensive line is playing better then anyone in football right now. Our defense since our bye week is in the top 5 I believe in "yards per carry". We were the only team I believe this season that had a 100 yard rusher against the no.1 rated Detroit Lions run defense in week 17.

We can play both ways. Were just not limited like the Seahawks and Panthers are and forced to play "small ball"

Good points and we can probably eliminate Carolina with key injuries they've suffered recently. Should still be an interesting game the way their defense is playing. I'll give you that we can't draw too much from the first game of the year. Countless adjustments have been made since then. I just think if passing the ball is what you thrive on, that plays into Seattle's strength. Anytime you have Rodgers, you'll always have a chance to win against anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts