Who can beat Seattle in Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point it will have to be the Pack.
You think this will be an easy game for Seattle? They won't have to earn it? I'll tell you this: If they don't play better than they did against the Panthers, they'll have a tough time of it next week because we are by far a better team than Carolina.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah yes, the trophy case jokes. You Packer fans need to learn that it does not bother us Viking fans anymore. Think maybe you can discuss next weeks game rather than the shortcomings of my team in the SB on this thread? Oh, I'm sorry, I am supposed be all, "The Packer will kick Seattle out or the stadium next week."
Dude, we all know you're a closet Packer fan. Most Viking fans are.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You think this will be an easy game for Seattle? They won't have to earn it? I'll tell you this: If they don't play better than they did against the Panthers, they'll have a tough time of it next week because we are by far a better team than Carolina.

Indeed, both the Packers and Seahawks will need to play better next week.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From everything I've seen, Raptorman has been nice and respectful so I think we owe him respect as well.

'Typical Packer fan" isn't a respectful comment. If I posted on a Vikings board, had my team insulted, and said "typical Viking fan" in reply, I'd fully expect to be called out on it.

Reaction score
I just have no idea how people come up with these highly detailed point predictions. It's ridiculous.
IDK but this guy 2 weeks ago predicted a score of 30-20 GB over Detroit. Here on this forum. His name was "twiddle" or something? Strange dude

Last edited:
Reaction score
I believe 100% in the classic statement "any given Sunday". Even the head pastor at my church believes it when he saw me at the 12:00 service last weekend

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe 100% in the classic statement "any given Sunday". Even the head pastor at my church believes it when he saw me at the 12:00 service last weekend

I believe in God and pray every day in my own way, but I haven't been to church for so long I'm afraid I'd burst into flames before I got two feet in the door.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Again, the Dolphins were 2-2 when the Packers played them. With victories over the Pats and the Raiders.
For the fan of a team that has never won a SuberBowl or for that matter won a playoff game in 5 years, you sure have a lot to say about how the Packers have no chance in Seattle.

I've been very critical of the Packer's road issues.

I really have no idea what you're even doing here.

And the last time I checked, our two most recent SB wins were on the road. Of course you wouldn't know anything about that, now would you?

Last edited:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Raptor has been posting on this forum for quite a while. He usually has good insights and contributes well to discussions. I like reading most of his posts. He's made some cyber friendships here with a bunch of us, and we welcome him.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Raptor has been posting on this forum for quite a while. He usually has good insights and contributes well to discussions. I like reading most of his posts. He's made some cyber friendships here with a bunch of us, and we welcome him.

Well, to be fair, one of our members took a cheap shot at the Vikes and it went downhill from there.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
And the last time I checked, our two most recent SB wins were on the road. Of course you wouldn't know anything about that, now would you?
Actually I would. See, every team wins the Super Bowl on the road. Since no team has played the Super Bowl in their home stadium. And if you want to come at me about what I write about the Packers, attack what I write, not my team. What my team has done in the past has nothing to do with the opinions I put forth on these pages about the current status of the Packers.

Now, back to the game discussion. I don't think the Packer will beat the Seahawks because the Packers aren't built for the speed the Seattle defense puts out there. The Packer have a chance, that's why they play the games. But after watching most of the Packer games this year and several of the Seattle games, the Packers don't match up well with the Seahawks. The Packers still have problems with very mobile QB's. And if they don't attack both sides of the field on offense like they did last time they won't have a chance at all. I highly doubt Rodgers will be 100%. If he did have a muscle tear, even a small one, it can be a 6-8 week recovery. And since he played this weekend rather than resting, I doubt it's going to be healed 100%.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
GB is going to destroy the Seachickens. This is a FACT.
Pulease. Why are some of you guys look afraid. Seattle HAS NOTHING on us. We are going to the superbowl period and will beat them soundly. Their O-line is damaged. Wilson is going to be in trouble a lot. Lynch is old and will be useless. Their wide receivers are laughable and a joke. The only reedeming quality they have is their average but overated defense. Our D will smother their O-line all day long. Their so called Legion of Doom consists of CLOWNS that will be exposed by Rodgers. I can't wait for him to to throw to that clown Sherman and get 5 touchdowns over him.
First, look up the word “fact”. Its meaning isn’t subtle and what you posted is the opposite of a fact. Second, no one is afraid: No one posting here will be taking the field on Sunday, including you. Third, the only thing looking like a clown is your ridiculous posts. They’re so ridiculous it’s difficult to know if you are very young and don’t know better or a fan of a different team attempting to make Packers fans look foolish.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Actually I would. See, every team wins the Super Bowl on the road. Since no team has played the Super Bowl in their home stadium. And if you want to come at me about what I write about the Packers, attack what I write, not my team. What my team has done in the past has nothing to do with the opinions I put forth on these pages about the current status of the Packers.

Now, back to the game discussion. I don't think the Packer will beat the Seahawks because the Packers aren't built for the speed the Seattle defense puts out there. The Packer have a chance, that's why they play the games. But after watching most of the Packer games this year and several of the Seattle games, the Packers don't match up well with the Seahawks. The Packers still have problems with very mobile QB's. And if they don't attack both sides of the field on offense like they did last time they won't have a chance at all. I highly doubt Rodgers will be 100%. If he did have a muscle tear, even a small one, it can be a 6-8 week recovery. And since he played this weekend rather than resting, I doubt it's going to be healed 100%.

It will definitely be a tough matchup for the Pack, but I think the Panthers gave the Packers a good blueprint for defending the Seahawks. The Seahawks are currently 7 point favorites by the oddsmakers, and probably for good reason. If the Packers can keep the Seattle offense somewhat at bay, and now that Rodgers has had a chance to figure out how to play with the limitation, the Packers have a good shot at winning and beating the odds. The biggest key will now be his timing with the receivers. That looked off on Sunday. Now he has had time to adjust and he might be able to make it work quite well. I don't think he should avoid throwing Sherman's way this time though. He needs to keep it spread around to keep that defense honest.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seattle and greenbay werent looking great their last showings, and both are in the NFL championship game. We are that good. So it really comes down to what happens on sunday. If we came out and played like we were 3 weeks ago, I'd be talking dominance... But the cowboys almost beat us. Seattle is every bit as good if not better than them. So we better not have the stupid mistakes.
I still like our chances.

D

Deleted member 6794

It will definitely be a tough matchup for the Pack, but I think the Panthers gave the Packers a good blueprint for defending the Seahawks. The Seahawks are currently 7 point favorites by the oddsmakers, and probably for good reason. If the Packers can keep the Seattle offense somewhat at bay, and now that Rodgers has had a chance to figure out how to play with the limitation, the Packers have a good shot at winning and beating the odds. The biggest key will now be his timing with the receivers. That looked off on Sunday. Now he has had time to adjust and he might be able to make it work quite well. I don't think he should avoid throwing Sherman's way this time though. He needs to keep it spread around to keep that defense honest.

That´s true for the first half. Rodgers was amazing in the second.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Time to lock as we we know the Packers play Seahawks and we have a thread on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts