Whitney Mercilus out for rest of season

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I figured this one coming. Very rarely do you see a biceps injury and it turns out it isnt torn. Very unfortunate because I think since getting here he was playing terrific and was only going to improve when Z got back. Not sure where you go from here at edge. On one hand I think theyre fine healthy with Gary, Z, P, and Garvin. Just really need to know where Z is and how close to roll with what we have.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I mean, just ... WOW ...it just refuses to go Pack's way. One substantial injury after another.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many starting players haven't missed at least one game this year? That list is probably shorter than the IR list. Amazing how the serious injuries just keep coming week after week.

Reaction score
That really sucks for Whitney. My best wishes out to him and gratitude for coming to play here. That just sucks. Lucky for him he’ll still get a SB ring for his contribution :whistling:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't heard his name since the day he got put on IR. Nobody from the press us uttered his name once. It's another happy, Festivus Miracle.
Yeah I think it goes back to that IR list argument that Wimm and Old School had. When Mercillus was put on IR … we were told that he was done for the season. But … since IR is the same for everyone… apparently his recovery went better than expected (or anyone was being told)… so he can come back like every other player on that list.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Torn biceps usually are long-term injurues. Hopefully, Whitney only had a partial tear allowing him to heal faster. Being able to push with your arms is critical for just about any player other than a kicker. He may be healed, but how much strength does he have ? If he lost upper body strength, then he may need more time in the weight room. Maybe he'll be a available for the Super Bowl if the Packers get there. Good news. I hope he gets a chance to see the field again this season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He seriously could play without it if the pain is manageable and at this point I’d imagine it is and why he’s back.

The majority of the strength doesn’t come from the bicep.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He seriously could play without it if the pain is manageable and at this point I’d imagine it is and why he’s back.

The majority of the strength doesn’t come from the bicep.

100% this. He'd be more likely to have difficulty wrapping up to tackle than pushing.

The saying was, "Curls for girls." You bench press for functional strength, you do curls to look good. :)

Members online

Latest posts