Which Two Wide Outs do we want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
We talking about Dotson? I like him a lot, but I think Davante was better off press coming out. I worry a bit about him getting jammed on the line, but he's smart, seems like he's always open once he's off the line, and played with a ****** QB, but still made ridiculous plays. I'd say this is probably the answer.
I meant Garrett. Watch his film His center of gravity looks similar to #17. He moves similar. He even shakes his finger similar after burning someone. Shakes his head similar after a score. The whole package. Moves like hes Davantes little brother. Very basketball- esh.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Wilson is going to be special. Give him 2 seasons.

Wilson is faster but more like 6’ Thought he was 511”

Last edited:

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There’s a WR that’s like 5’11 and 185 that moves very similar (small version) if I recall from film.
Am I close?
This guy is actually a few inches taller then Davante but has the same quick cutting abilities to get open and like Adams, is a “mid range route wrecking ball, a QBs best friend” - not my words

ive seen his rankings anywhere from like 9-14. My feelings are he will end up as one of the top 5 or 6 Wrs from this draft

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have my attention.. I don't see anyone that quite reminds me of Davante coming out, but I'm intrigued.
I didn’t realize it until I watched as much film on him as I could, and I do see some resemblance in style of play, route running and attacking the ball

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tynimiller has brought up Thorton several times and I sure liked the guys highlight tape.

Reaction score
I didn’t realize it until I watched as much film on him as I could, and I do see some resemblance in style of play, route running and attacking the ball
Hmmm. I’m on it sir. Detective z Oldschool is on it

Reaction score
Tynimiller has brought up Thorton several times and I sure liked the guys highlight tape.
Thornton isn’t 2” taller he’s Davantes height.
Not a big school guy
from smu? AAC.
Started JUCO and transferred?
Although Thornton doesn’t move like #17 can’t be him.

I’m not sure do we get another clue? What’s his jersey # plus first name? :coffee:

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is fun! Has he been in for a visit? I'm going to go with Jalen Tolbert. Final answer.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Taller than Adams shortlist

Pickens
London
Watson
Burks
Tolbert
Pierce

That actually illustrate body movements similar to Adams I would say Pickens is the leading candidate.

Outside chance I’d say Pierce or Tolbert but Pierce is more a Jordy comp IMO

London is not a route technician at all IMO and Watson is speculative but did show steps and footwork in senior bowl against better comp to be it.

Burks is special but route running isn’t necessarily where he excels although not shabby.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Taller than Adams shortlist

Pickens
London
Watson
Burks
Tolbert
Pierce

That actually illustrate body movements similar to Adams I would say Pickens is the leading candidate.

Outside chance I’d say Pierce or Tolbert but Pierce is more a Jordy comp IMO

London is not a route technician at all IMO and Watson is speculative but did show steps and footwork in senior bowl against better comp to be it.

Burks is special but route running isn’t necessarily where he excels although not shabby.
Ya, the only reason I'm not saying Pickens is because he said that he was between 9-14 in most receiver rankings. Pickens definitely should not be there. That's why I went with Tolbert and that's who I was saying was 6'3" on some websites lol

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya, the only reason I'm not saying Pickens is because he said that he was between 9-14 in most receiver rankings. Pickens definitely should not be there. That's why I went with Tolbert and that's who I was saying was 6'3" on some websites lol
Pickens is easily there in rankings by many of the fools that put rankings out…I mean easily folks usually have Williams, Wilson, London, Olave, Burks ahead of him that just means someone has to put the likes of Dotson, Skyy Moore and Watson ahead of him.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also. As lead WR detective I’ll need a new deputy to go under cover. You’ve got the perfect beard for the job.
My son said after seeing this picture that I could be Braun Strowman’s uncle - lol

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't want it to turn into the 2020 draft and see Gute Richard around and end up with second tier WR's or none.

I think the "drop off" or component that separates the 1st rd prospects from the "others" is really centered around technical aspects of the WR position.

From Wilson to Olave, those WRs are thought of as proficient at route running...or bottom line they know how to get open, versus overburdening MLF to scheme them open.

I think the rookie WRs that come in will actually benefit from unlimited reps with AR12 and also they will immediately know their role and focus on gradually progressing throughout the season.

The offense looks like it will flow through Dillon and Jones, with Jones assuming a nice volume of catches.

Grab a WR with speed as the vertical threat, another for 3rd downs and YAC, and finally develop the slot and who will exactly fill that role. I'm not sold on either Cobb or Amari Rogers.

I would actually entertain having a look at Jamison Crowder for the slot.

He is elite as a slot WR, and offers immediate relief for AR12 with the quick throws.

Draft a couple WRs with speed and hands along with a couple TEs for depth.

Gute needs to stockpile weapons for Rodgers.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I would actually entertain having a look at Jamison Crowder for the slot.
I want to improve our WR group too, but Cobb, Rodgers and to some extent Lazard, all play in the slot. Even though Jamison Crowder isn't available, he signed with the Bills on March 22nd, I think adding another slot WR wouldn't be the best move.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yet another stark reminder, that first round picks don't always work out the way you hope they will. To think that the Eagles pick WR Jalen Reagor with the 21st pick and the Vikings took Jefferson with the next pick. Had the Packers decided to trade up even further and not pick Love, would they have picked Reagor or Jefferson?

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to improve our WR group too, but Cobb, Rodgers and to some extent Lazard, all play in the slot. Even though Jamison Crowder isn't available, he signed with the Bills on March 22nd, I think adding another slot WR wouldn't be the best move.

Wow. Missed that one.

Bills got another underrated weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.