Which Two Wide Outs do we want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s entirely possible. That WR early draft run in relation to these massive contracts being doled out at WR.
I’m curious, What would your opinion be if Penning or Ekwonu slipped because of a universal Run at WR before our #22. Would you pass on a OL player that you thought was talented enough to start Day 1

This isn’t a setup question, I’m more just curious because you probably know the intricacies of player rankings better then me.
If either one of those players slipped to us at 22 honestly there isn’t a WR in the draft I’m picking over either of them. Makes Bakh not a must resign if their anything like they should be and also means Yosh doesn’t HAVE TO BE our RT in 2022

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many top tier WRs are there?

Would need Top Tier defined by their prospect grade overall or how many do majority of folks think will go in first round?

If by it you mean are likely or could go in the first round I’d place that number at around 6…if placing a betting line I bet 6.5 would be the number.

Jameson Williams
Drake London
Chris Olave
Garret Wilson
Treylon Burks

George Pickens is a guy that many have in there too…then there is Jahan Dotson, Skyy Moore and Christian Watson all on edge looking in.

Those nine and Metchie if I were betting are the top 10 WRs taken with David Bell being just outside or nudging Metchie off as the 10th.

Just my opinion though from what I’ve seen and my own rankings plus player position types.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would need Top Tier defined by their prospect grade overall or how many do majority of folks think will go in first round?

If by it you mean are likely or could go in the first round I’d place that number at around 6…if placing a betting line I bet 6.5 would be the number.

Jameson Williams
Drake London
Chris Olave
Garret Wilson
Treylon Burks

George Pickens is a guy that many have in there too…then there is Jahan Dotson, Skyy Moore and Christian Watson all on edge looking in.

Those nine and Metchie if I were betting are the top 10 WRs taken with David Bell being just outside or nudging Metchie off as the 10th.

Just my opinion though from what I’ve seen and my own rankings plus player position types.
and all ten of those will be gone before our first second-round pick. so if the packers want one of them they will need to draft one in the first round.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and all ten of those will be gone before our first second-round pick. so if the packers want one of them they will need to draft one in the first round.

Eh…now that is something no one can even begin to pretend to be true. If that happens I’m thinking off memory but I don’t remember ten WRs picked in first 50 picks in any recent draft…I’ll check that though when time allows. If it has I bet only once in the last decade.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I looked, I was right once in the last decade and it was my favorite overall class which was 2020. Eleven were taken in top 50. Odds are stronger it doesn’t happen but it is possible of course.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I looked, I was right once in the last decade and it was my favorite overall class which was 2020. Eleven were taken in top 50. Odds are stronger it doesn’t happen but it is possible of course.
i predict that there will be a run on receivers in the first round before our first pick, and the a second run on receivers starting towards the bottom of the first round and continuing in the early part of the second round. i have nothing to base that on but my gut.

Reaction score
If either one of those players slipped to us at 22 honestly there isn’t a WR in the draft I’m picking over either of them. Makes Bakh not a must resign if their anything like they should be and also means Yosh doesn’t HAVE TO BE our RT in 2022
Ok thanks. I’m also in favor of a beast at DT or OLB if one slides into our neighborhood.

Going OL early. That could also mean a pretty stout OL IF big IF… We got everyone back healthy by mid season. Maybe equivalent to 2020 range.

I still wonder what our Running attack would look like with Bak and a top tier OL as bookends. Then 2-3 decent guys fighting over a remaining RG spot (which equates to good depth).

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i predict that there will be a run on receivers in the first round before our first pick, and the a second run on receivers starting towards the bottom of the first round and continuing in the early part of the second round. i have nothing to base that on but my gut.

It is possible. I forgot to throw Tolbert and Pierce into the discussion too. Honestly any of those thirteen I’ll take with Rodgers throwing them the ball over any other lol

We shall see

Reaction score
Danny Gray is another later round burner. As is Tyquan Thornton.
Plus we’ve reached out to Thornton.
I think it’s heavy interest there from our staff.
Watched some film on Danny Gray. He moves like a poor man’s OBJ, coming from a lesser Conference but similar strengths and weakness coming out our school.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I will be pissed at Gute personally if he reaches on a WR merely by need. Sure he has a guy near the top 30 so be it…but if the next WR is the 40th or 50th best prospect on his board trade back or follow board.
Which is why I said ...
However, given our huge need at WR, I would much rather take my chances with Bahk and Yosh, than to spend a first rounder on a OT, if it means not getting a first tier WR.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sadly, I think the run on WR's happens well before #22. Some of that will be influenced by all the expensive contracts signed by WR's in the offseason. Teams are going to want to grab one of the top 4-6 guys, even if it means passing on a CB, S, OL. I really hope that I am wrong. The Packers might get a shot at Burks or Olave at 22, but that might be it.

I just don't want it to turn into the 2020 draft and see Gute Richard around and end up with second tier WR's or none.
Realistically, I think the Packers may get a shot at one of the top 5 WRs at 22, but it’s not a given. If it’s Burks at 22, then I grab Pickens at 28 if available, and you have the whole field covered.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Realistically, I think the Packers may get a shot at one of the top 5 WRs at 22, but it’s not a given. If it’s Burks at 22, then I grab Pickens at 28 if available, and you have the whole field covered.
I'm iffy on Pickens that early, but if the Packers like him, I'd love to leave round 1 with 2 WR's.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If one of the tackles named Neal, Ikema, Penning or Cross fell to 22 I can understand folks not liking it (similar to the Dillon pick) but the value would for sure be there and honestly instantly probably takes our RT position from Yosh year one…and insurance at LT for Bakh with Jenkins out.
I would have a hard time passing on one of these guys, but it would depend on if a WR is there that GB feels can be a bonafide number one.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm iffy on Pickens that early, but if the Packers like him, I'd love to leave round 1 with 2 WR's.
I’m looking at Pickens strictly from an on field skill set player, attitude or anything else, I’ll leave up to the teams that have done their research. I see a slighter built Andre Johnson in Pickens. Pickens isn’t afraid to go over the middle, runs all the routes, is a legit deep threat, plucks the ball with his hands, will go both vertical and horizontal to get the rock and is very nimble along the sidelines. As a pass catcher, nothing at all about him I don’t like.

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want Pickens or Burks because they have the ceiling to be true #1s(X receivers) and then pair them with someone like Velvus Jones Jr. who can kill you with speed, take a bubble screen to the house, and big enough to take hits over the middle.
I'd like both.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m looking at Pickens strictly from an on field skill set player, attitude or anything else, I’ll leave up to the teams that have done their research. I see a slighter built Andre Johnson in Pickens. Pickens isn’t afraid to go over the middle, runs all the routes, is a legit deep threat, plucks the ball with his hands, will go both vertical and horizontal to get the rock and is very nimble along the sidelines. As a pass catcher, nothing at all about him I don’t like.

Not to mention that attitude streak can lead to and has shown itself in willingness to block.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As it stands now, my feeling is if the Packers don’t get a WR in round one, they will move up from 53. I also believe that if Green Bay gets a WR at 22 they will trade back with their second number 1

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If not available; would be nice to trade down to early 2nd. To be in on the next wave which may not happen for us at in the 50s. But if they believe in Watson; I could see it.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can tell you this, and it comes from a source I use to get info from years ago. There is a certain WR in this draft (not part of the top tier) that reminds the Packers of D. Adams. This guy is faster though. Anyone venture to guess?

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can tell you this, and it comes from a source I use to get info from years ago. There is a certain WR in this draft (not part of the top tier) that reminds the Packers of D. Adams. This guy is faster though. Anyone venture to guess?
You have my attention.. I don't see anyone that quite reminds me of Davante coming out, but I'm intrigued.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Just whisper it...there is a Viking fan lurking.
:whistling:

Reaction score
You have my attention.. I don't see anyone that quite reminds me of Davante coming out, but I'm intrigued.
There’s a WR that’s like 5’11 and 185 that moves very similar (small version) if I recall from film.
Am I close?

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There’s a WR that’s like 5’11 and 185 that moves very similar (small version) if I recall from film.
Am I close?
We talking about Dotson? I like him a lot, but I think Davante was better off press coming out. I worry a bit about him getting jammed on the line, but he's smart, seems like he's always open once he's off the line, and played with a ****** QB, but still made ridiculous plays. I'd say this is probably the answer.

One thing that is very different between the two though is the 3-cone drill. Definitely shows in Davante's release.

Status
Not open for further replies.