Which Two Wide Outs do we want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay I don’t post much any more but this draft has me intrigued. For some reason I’ve got issues with Burkes and Pickens. Assuming Olave and the other top WRs are gone by #22, I would be fine with selecting Christian Watson at #28 and Alec Pierce at #59. I don’t care if they went to small schools and the pundits think it’s a reach. Then the other top 100 picks can be any combo of Edge, Safety, OT, or DT. Day 3 picks can fill in some TE, CB, etc. and maybe even a third WR especially if no help is found via Free Agency or trades.
Pierce will be long gone by #59.

I've got him as my #2, Chris Simms has him as his #3, and he's being mocked at the end of the 1st round more and more.

If Williams and Wyatt are gone at 22, I'd be fine with Pierce at 22.

Etphonehomez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kyle Phillips isn't getting talked about enough. His foot work is insane, even Davante would be Impressed. I know due to his height he seems like more of a slot, but he holds his own surprisingly well on the outside. And an All American punt returner.

Kevin Austin and Samori Toure are two mid-late round guys that look really good. We've officially met with Toure.

Isaiah Weston has a 9.9 RAS and is basically the budget Christian Watson and would be a late round Gem

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
A very good and interesting read. I also incorporate TD and 1st down receptions. Sometimes these are only short gains but are extremely important.
Agree. There is something to be said about a WR that flattens his route out 2 yards short of a 1st down and one that is aware of what he needs to gain.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kyle Phillips isn't getting talked about enough. His foot work is insane, even Davante would be Impressed. I know due to his height he seems like more of a slot, but he holds his own surprisingly well on the outside. And an All American punt returner.

Kevin Austin and Samori Toure are two mid-late round guys that look really good. We've officially met with Toure.

Isaiah Weston has a 9.9 RAS and is basically the budget Christian Watson and would be a late round Gem

Kyle is a route technician and I’m a big fan of him.

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd go for Pickens and Burks 1,2. Notwithstanding my not very knowledgeable worry that I'll be embarrassed for or by Pickens. And I think we would be set. Don't think we need a vet that is not as good as the rookie. And one that is better costs too much. But if the guy from Alabama is there...??

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'd go for Pickens and Burks 1,2. Notwithstanding my not very knowledgeable worry that I'll be embarrassed for or by Pickens. And I think we would be set. Don't think we need a vet that is not as good as the rookie. And one that is better costs too much. But if the guy from Alabama is there...??
I think Burks goes well before Pickens and Williams goes before Burks. My feeling is Pickens is going to be boom or bust and I wouldn't spend a first on him. If the Packers really like him, I hope they trade back into mid 2nd to get him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Burks goes well before Pickens and Williams goes before Burks. My feeling is Pickens is going to be boom or bust and I wouldn't spend a first on him. If the Packers really like him, I hope they trade back into mid 2nd to get him.
I am not so sure Pickens makes it out of the first let alone the top 45 or so. This cat at the age of 18 tore up SEC DBs…

Health isn’t even much a concern now that he has proven physically he’s back - maturity would be his only flag worth figuring out.

He is a first round WR if his mental and maturity checks out

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I have picked...Pickens in virtually every mock draft that I've ran. With both picks #53 and #59, he will be there for the...picking.

I think Rodgers would love throwing to him...

George Pickens Highlights
Yeah, I have seen him go early in round 2, but most of the times he seems to be valued at the end of the 2nd round by most sites. Whether the people doing the drafting agree, who knows. I think if the Packers really want him, they might want to move up a bit in the second or just take their chances.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I am not so sure Pickens makes it out of the first let alone the top 45 or so. This cat at the age of 18 tore up SEC DBs…

Health isn’t even much a concern now that he has proven physically he’s back - maturity would be his only flag worth figuring out.

If the Packers have a shot at some of the other WR's, that are on most sites big board ahead of Pickens and they take Pickens, I will be disappointed. However, I will trust that the Packers just really like the guy and be happy that they do.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I have seen him go early in round 2, but most of the times he seems to be valued at the end of the 2nd round by most sites. Whether the people doing the drafting agree, who knows. I think if the Packers really want him, they might want to move up a bit in the second or just take their chances.
I think there is gonna be a run on WRs at the end of the 1st rd.

Maybe using the #22 to nab Burks early and then using #28 to secure another top prospect at WR would work.

Virtually every team is capable of nabbing a WR at any point so maybe some agressive choices are needed.

Reaction score

I see him in that 30-50 range and that is a compliment, not an intended insult.
I think #28 is a Pickens reach and #53 is a Risk he’s gone. Obviously I wouldnt split hairs but trading back inside of 35-40 range would give us a 75% chance of landing him without wasting draft capital and it’s a livable move if he doesn’t with out.
Just my opinion now watch he’ll go at #22 lol

My feelings aren’t hurt if we pick up another 3rd rounder plus Pickens inside the first 3-8 selections in Round 2.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think there is gonna be a run on WRs at the end of the 1st rd.

Maybe using the #22 to nab Burks early and then using #28 to secure another top prospect at WR would work.

Virtually every team is capable of nabbing a WR at any point so maybe some agressive choices are needed.
Sadly, I think the run on WR's happens well before #22. Some of that will be influenced by all the expensive contracts signed by WR's in the offseason. Teams are going to want to grab one of the top 4-6 guys, even if it means passing on a CB, S, OL. I really hope that I am wrong. The Packers might get a shot at Burks or Olave at 22, but that might be it.

I just don't want it to turn into the 2020 draft and see Gute Richard around and end up with second tier WR's or none.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sadly, I think the run on WR's happens well before #22. Some of that will be influenced by all the expensive contracts signed by WR's in the offseason. Teams are going to want to grab one of the top 4-6 guys, even if it means passing on a CB, S, OL. I really hope that I am wrong. The Packers might get a shot at Burks or Olave at 22, but that might be it.

I just don't want it to turn into the 2020 draft and see Gute Richard around and end up with second tier WR's or none.

If a massive run happens on WR before our pick I’m pumped to see just which special defensive player falls to us then.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So just what would a massive run be? Something like:
8. ATL
10. Jets
11. WSH
13. HOU
15 OR 18- PHL
16 OR 19- N.O.
21. N.E.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If a massive run happens on WR before our pick I’m pumped to see just which special defensive player falls to us then.
Or 4 QB's, ILB'ers and offensive lineman fall to us. 3 areas where I really don't want to see the Packers using high draft picks.

This is one draft that I hope if Gute feels the run on WR's is going to happen and he really likes one of them, trade up with the 2 picks we got for Davante.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or 4 QB's, ILB'ers and offensive lineman fall to us. 3 areas where I really don't want to see the Packers using high draft picks.

This is one draft that I hope if Gute feels the run on WR's is going to happen and he really likes one of them, trade up with the 2 picks we got for Davante.

If one of the tackles named Neal, Ikema, Penning or Cross fell to 22 I can understand folks not liking it (similar to the Dillon pick) but the value would for sure be there and honestly instantly probably takes our RT position from Yosh year one…and insurance at LT for Bakh with Jenkins out.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If one of the tackles named Neal, Ikema, Penning or Cross fell to 22 I can understand folks not liking it (similar to the Dillon pick) but the value would for sure be there and honestly instantly probably takes our RT position from Yosh year one…and insurance at LT for Bakh with Jenkins out.
No doubt all 4 of those guys are worthy of a first round pick. However, given our huge need at WR, I would much rather take my chances with Bahk and Yosh, than to spend a first rounder on a OT, if it means not getting a first tier WR. Packers have 9 other picks after the first and they have been able to do some really good things with getting OL players in the mid to later rounds.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt all 4 of those guys are worthy of a first round pick. However, given our huge need at WR, I would much rather take my chances with Bahk and Yosh, than to spend a first rounder on a OT, if it means not getting a first tier WR. Packers have 9 other picks after the first and they have been able to do some really good things with getting OL players in the mid to later rounds.

You’re missing the part where that happens most likely only when most any WR arguably worth it or most likely worth it to Gute is gone.

I will be pissed at Gute personally if he reaches on a WR merely by need. Sure he has a guy near the top 30 so be it…but if the next WR is the 40th or 50th best prospect on his board trade back or follow board.

Ill take Rodgers with two top 100 WRs picked and a better prospect at 22 then Rodgers with the same yet burned a pick on one of them at 22

Reaction score
It’s entirely possible. That WR early draft run in relation to these massive contracts being doled out at WR.
I’m curious, What would your opinion be if Penning or Ekwonu slipped because of a universal Run at WR before our #22. Would you pass on a OL player that you thought was talented enough to start Day 1

This isn’t a setup question, I’m more just curious because you probably know the intricacies of player rankings better then me.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want Pickens or Burks because they have the ceiling to be true #1s(X receivers) and then pair them with someone like Velvus Jones Jr. who can kill you with speed, take a bubble screen to the house, and big enough to take hits over the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts