1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Which is a bigger need?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Packersfan43084, Dec 4, 2006.

1. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    No, I'm talking 340-350lb.

2. dxbfan

dxbfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Pickett's done a great job this year.

3. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Troy Smith is not 6'1" Ohio State lists him at 6'1" but every scout knows he's lucky to be 6 foot. Again Roy Williams 6'4" in college and drops to 6'2" in the NFL. The NFL doesn't make you look bigger. They put your actual height and weight. Every college lists you more than what you really are. It's like the well known rule of scouting. Rarely do players height and weight in the NFL match their listed college height and weight.

He's only about 215 which is not very big at all. He needs to gain at least 5 to 10 pounds. Every QB looks big and strong in college. Brad Smith for example. He's a WR now. DJ Shockley from Georgia looked good in the SEC and I think he actually got cut. None of them are as good as Smith but they are all similar in his size. He won't be able to scramble in the NFL like he does in college. He isn't as big or fast as VY. He's not as elusive as Mike Vick.

Packers will be lucky to win 2 more games. Maybe they beat the Lions and Vikings but I see them only taking one and I'm starting to think Dallas is going to catch Chicago and make that last game something to play for.

4. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Ted Thompson is a BPA drafter, go with Calvin Johnson if he's on the board, I think he's a once every few years talent, or maybe we cash in on a team really willing to trade up

other than that here's who I like, in order

-DT Alan Branch, Michigan
    -CB Marcus McCauley, Fresno State
    -S Laron Landry, LSU
    Gaines Adams, Clemson/Quentin Moses, Georgia--Both are DT's, I don't know if i'm sold on either of them, they're both pass rushers who weigh in the 260 range, both are great athletes but they could prove to be KGB types who dont do a thing against the run

Alan Branch is the blob in the middle of the line that we've been missing since gilbert left his prime, I like him at this point, you CAN'T COACH SIZE

5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    My college doesn't do that!! I begged them to but they refused...