Where does the draft leave Ferggie?

Reaction score
With the drafting of (as trom called it) Jimbo Jones and Clowney, there will be some serious competition.

Where does this leave Ferggie? Is the drafting of two WRs a message to shape up, or else he'll be cut?

Exactly how much does Ferggie play into MM and TT's plans?

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ST player at best, he wont accept that role though and most likely ask to be cut/traded, most likely cut.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fergie will be given a chance to make the final roster. He will have to prove that he's better than these guys. These guys will have to prove that they can contribute in the NFL.

Not much more to talk about IMO.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fergie thinks he's a better player than Gregarious and thought he should have been a starter last year and threw a sulk over it.
He wont like being the #4 guy this autumn and i cant see him sticking around.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah it'll be tough. I have a hunch Ruvell Martin will step up this year too. There's a lot of competition.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ferggie's loss here is that the new guys are younger and have more upside. So if either new WR are anywhere near as good as fergie, then fergie is gone.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ferguson will compete for a roster spot, but because he's a veteran with less upside than the younger players, I doubt he will make the roster if he can't be at least the #3 receiver. That's not out of the question, considering that he is competing against Carlye Holliday, Ruvell Martin, and two rookies--all of whom are raw talents at best. And as always, an injury (especially to Driver or Jennings) could open up the competition considerably.

My hunch, however, is that at least one of those other guys, and hopefully two or three of them, will show enough promise to beat out Fergie. If they don't, I'll be disappointed but I will be hoping for Fergie to prove that he still deserves a spot on the Packers' roster.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ferguson will likely be odd man out, and that sounds good to me.

However, if he wins a spot over holiday,ruvel martin, jimbo jones, clowny, k-rob(maybe) then....more power to him.

This is why you add depth and have competition.