• The players

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Injuries

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Ted Thompson

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Other Packers staff (Please list)

• Other reasons (Please list or explain)

• Total voters

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every team goes through ups and downs and problems.
Everyone has an idea of who or what is at fault.
Either it's beyond anyone's control and it's just the nature of football and we find a way to accept it or else it can somehow be controlled and better.
Without knowing the real inner workings of a pro football team there may not be any easy solutions or quick fixes as we would like to think there are.
In the meantime, what gets the majority of the blame for our current problems?
You can vote for as many as you like.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oline/rb injuries led to Rodgers going down.

Capers sticking to his 2 man front....
I'm hoping the next def cord is more defensive line minded.....

Hundley came out and threw like four ugly picks in his first game and a half I can understand why McCarthy played it so safe. But the behind the line of scrimmage passes over and over were just ignorant. He didn't change until the game was to the point of desperation. And when the season itself began to spiral out of control... and now Hundley looks comfortable...ish... McCarthy has kept his ship afloat through some wicked waters.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Anthony Barr. Because without the hit that took out Rodgers, the team is likely 7-2 at worst and the real issues that plague the Packers wouldn't be illuminated the way that they are right now.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A cheapshot led to Rodgers going down.

Capers sticking to his 2 man front....
I'm hoping the next def cord is more defensive line minded.....

Hundley came out and threw like four ugly picks in his first game and a half I can understand why McCarthy played it so safe. But the behind the line of scrimmage passes over and over were just ignorant. He didn't change until the game was to the point of desperation. And when the season itself began to spiral out of control... and now Hundley looks comfortable...ish... McCarthy has kept his ship afloat through some wicked waters.

Sorry but I had to correct that first part.

I think the most blame can go right on Ted Thompson's head. Our current deficiencies in whatever position you want to pick fall mostly on his head. His scouting has gotten bad, and that Bennett signing should drive the nail in his coffin.

I don't want to put too much blame on McCarthy in part because I know the narrative is he's pounding square pegs in round holes, which even I entertained for a while. But Ted Thompson is dumping those square pegs on his table so he has no choice. Yes, I know people say he's ridden Rodgers coattails, but Jimmy Johnson rode Troy Aikman and Dan Marino's coattails, Mike Shannahan got exposed as a fraud once John Elway retired, Kurt Warner left town and both Mike Martz and Ken Whizenhunt stunk out the joints, one might even argue Tony Dungy is bad because he got Peyton Manning on the way to his Superbowl, and Sean Payton has not proved he can win without Drew Brees and has wasted most of his prime though .... maybe he'll make one more trip back to the Superbowl this year? Who knows. Point is I've seen few coaches prove they can either make trips to the playoffs or win big ones without their star QBs behind center. Now ... where I'll put some blame on him is if he's decided he's going to sink or swim with his chain tied to Dom Capers. Capers definitely needs to be gone by the end of this season and if MM refuses, maybe turn up the heat on him for that and Ron Zook, also a terrible coach.

But I think MM takes too much blame for stuff he can't control. Other guy who needs to be gone is the S&C coach. I don't like his inability to keep guys healthy.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ups and Downs are cyclical and no team can be expected to stay on top forever. So answer would be all of the above.

But having good coach and manager will ensure we get good players and tactics and ensure quicker recovery and turnaround when do hit a low.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Over the last several years, even when the Packers had arguably the best QB in the NFL on the field, they still weren't the best team in the NFL. This all mainly due to consistently putting a below average defense on the field. While the loss of #12 has not only exposed the fact that our offense isn't very good without him, it has proven the point that without that high powered offense, our defense is going to continue to struggle to keep us in games.

Blame injuries, blame Hundley not being prepared, blame Anthony Barr......but the real blame should be placed on TT. The team we have been seeing since AR went down is basically the "52 other guys" TT is responsible for building a team around. So I give TT credit for that one golden draft pick he made back in 2005, but beyond that he hasn't assembled much more than an average team from player #2 to #53 and that average team has been able to be successful mainly do to #12.

Members online

Latest posts