Where all you f****N ViQueens Fans at???

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I told you guys that I played this game over and over in my mind before last nite and I simply couldn't come up with legitimate reasons on why New Orleans could prevail - and judging from the final numbers, I was dead-on, balls-accurate. But, the 5 turnovers are something that even the most pessimistic of observers wouldn't have the stones to predict.
New Awleans did prevail.
They won the game.
Stats and numbers etc don't mean **** unless you win.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New Awleans did prevail.
They won the game.
Stats and numbers etc don't mean **** unless you win.

I'd argue that stats and numbers generally do matter - it's just that you cannot predict turnovers as easily as you can match-ups.

475 to 260 in total yards - and from the road team. That's damned impressive and if Favre returns, the Vikings will sew up the North again.

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd argue that stats and numbers generally do matter - it's just that you cannot predict turnovers as easily as you can match-ups.

475 to 260 in total yards - and from the road team. That's damned impressive and if Favre returns, the Vikings will sew up the North again.

Stats and numbers don't put you in the W column if you don't handle your business...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Stats again

only when it helps you!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

475 to 260 in total yards - and from the road team. That's damned impressive...
Well yeah it matters to you because that's all you have. And all you have is sour grapes.

You were on here bragging about how the Vikes did sooooo good to the Bears.
So good that they lost that one in OT too.

You can defend the Vikes and Burp all you want to.
If that floats your boat, fine. Whatever.
But at the end of the day, it's the Vikes who lost and the Saints who won.

if Favre returns, the Vikings will sew up the North again.
Don't be so sure about that.
If (And it's a big "IF") Fail does return I think one of two things will happen.
1) He'll blow it in the Post as always.
2) Other teams will study this one and figure out how to break through Minny's O-line and cream him the way the Saints D-line did.
(And a mighty fine job they did with that too, I might add.)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LMAO you were saying a couple of months ago that stats didn't matter!!!

GB2009

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I woke up in a cold sweat last nite groaning about "12 men in the huddle" - and that's no ****!!!

Talk about the game-changer. How in the Sam Hell does an offense - coming off a timeout - end up with 12 men in the huddle? I'm beginning to believe in the Vikings' curse that all Minnesotans bemoan.

I'm currently here in Minnesota doing some work at one of our sites and caught one of the female DJ's talking on the radio this morning about how on that last drive, she gathered all her children in front of the TV and told them to pay attention and learn all about what she had to go thru as a child during the Vikings Super Bowls in the 1970's. I thought that odd, but then as I overheard the locals talking today, nearly all of them said that even after Part Time's first touchdown in the first quarter, they still had a feeling their boyz were gonna lose. Wow - I didn't realize how deeply-rooted the anxiety was over the Vikings.

I told you guys that I played this game over and over in my mind before last nite and I simply couldn't come up with legitimate reasons on why New Orleans could prevail - and judging from the final numbers, I was dead-on, balls-accurate. But, the 5 turnovers are something that even the most pessimistic of observers wouldn't have the stones to predict.

But, the milk has been spilled, so the tears are pointless. However, I am very disappointed that Minnesota doesn't get to face Indy because that would have been a helluva game. The current match-up will be severely hyped, but the only way it is close is if Indy has 5 turnovers.

Here's to BF going all-in for one more shot! I'm proud of the old boy for continuing to open himself up to being the league's punching bag. The way he was standing tall in that collapsing pocket last nite was a thing of beauty. One more to make it an even 20!!! :)

Wait a minute... If you love Brett Favre so much why do you want him to take another beating. I actually started to feel sorry for the guy.
It's good that you didn't start complaining about the hits on Favre yet. I think the Purple People Eaters remember how it used to be when they punished without having to worry about the Commissioner's and Owner's feelings.

And the 5 turnovers...
How could you not predict turnovers by the Vikings:
1. Hostile environment in New Orleans.
2. Having the mentality that they had to score points to beat the high-powered Saints.
3. Most important of all... Having a perfect game the week before with Favre and Peterson having no turnovers.

Look at their losses.
Pittsburgh: Favre loses fumble and throws an interception that goes for a touchdown.
Cardinals: Favre throws 2 INT's.
Panthers: Favre throws 1 INT
Bears: AP loses fumble in overtime

No quality wins versus good teams.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait a minute... If you love Brett Favre so much why do you want him to take another beating. I actually started to feel sorry for the guy.
It's good that you didn't start complaining about the hits on Favre yet. I think the Purple People Eaters remember how it used to be when they punished without having to worry about the Commissioner's and Owner's feelings.

And the 5 turnovers...
2. Having the mentality that they had to score points to beat the high-powered Saints.
3. Most important of all... Having a perfect game the week before with Favre and Peterson having no turnovers.

Look at their losses.
Pittsburgh: Favre loses fumble and throws an interception that goes for a touchdown.

They won against Baltimore, us and Cowboys... But I understand your point.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Here's to BF going all-in for one more shot! I'm proud of the old boy for continuing to open himself up to being the league's punching bag. The way he was standing tall in that collapsing pocket last nite was a thing of beauty. One more to make it an even 20!!! :)
You do realize that the new gameplan on him, after Sunday, is to murder him?

I wouldn't expect another year like this one out of him, because he's going to have to go through 16 weeks of hell next year.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
You do realize that the new gameplan on him, after Sunday, is to murder him?

I wouldn't expect another year like this one out of him, because he's going to have to go through 16 weeks of hell next year.

That is what pissed me off most about both games against him this year. Capers did exactly the opposite of what the book on how to rattle favre says. They didn't even breathe on him in either game. Maybe there is a reason that Capers is like 0-9 lifetime against favre.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
New Viking Fight song ! "Ball on the ground, ball on the ground, lookin' like a foo' with that ball on the ground!"

Sing it with me!!

:happy0005::viksux:

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And the 5 turnovers...

Look at their losses.

no quality wins but they still won the division. What does that make GB then?

speclast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I found all the vikings fans...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km-xdj9g7Uc"]YouTube - Vikings fans reaction to Favre interception vs Saints[/ame]

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Geez, if Porter would have kept running to the sidelines instead of cutting it back in he might have had a TD. I guess I shouldn't be so greedy though.

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is what pissed me off most about both games against him this year. Capers did exactly the opposite of what the book on how to rattle favre says. They didn't even breathe on him in either game. Maybe there is a reason that Capers is like 0-9 lifetime against favre.
Actually Capers ran a ton of blitzes that were picked up allowing Burt to hurt us. The Saints were charged up and got a better push with and without gimmicks. I think a lot of it has to do with it being the NFCC and being charged up. Their 4-3 got tons more push than our 3-4.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Actually Capers ran a ton of blitzes that were picked up allowing Burt to hurt us. The Saints were charged up and got a better push with and without gimmicks. I think a lot of it has to do with it being the NFCC and being charged up. Their 4-3 got tons more push than our 3-4.
LeRoy Butler analyzes the Packers-Vikings game - JSOnline

LeRoy Butler analyzes the Packers-Vikings game
'You have to pressure Brett. That's his downfall, when you're able to come after him, especially on third down.'
Posted: Oct. 6, 2009

After each game, former Green Bay Packers all-pro safety LeRoy Butler teams up with Journal Sentinel beat writer Tom Silverstein in our "5 Questions with LeRoy Butler" feature. Butler appears on behalf of his charity, "The LeRoy Butler Foundation" (leroybutlerfoundation.org).

Following is the Q&A after Monday night's 30-23 loss to the Minnesota Vikings:

Q. What did you think of defensive coordinator Dom Capers' game plan to sit back in zone coverage against Brett Favre rather than pressure him with a lot of blitzes? It was almost as though he was daring Favre to beat him. But the Packers did hold Adrian Peterson to 55 yards. Did he make the right move?

A. You take Brett Favre over the years and even in the games he's played at the Metrodome and everyone blitzes Brett and forces him into mistakes. I think he could have at least combined everything. On first and second down, play your run defense and on third down you have to blitz him. You have to pressure Brett. That's his downfall, when you're able to come after him, especially on third down. At one point, they were 8 of 14 on third down and the Packers never tested him. There never was a Plan B. It just looked like they were too passive on third down. It was like a seven-on-seven drill. There was no pass rush and there was no aggressive style. Not to mention Dom Capers is 0-7 against Brett Favre. Maybe he doesn't know the formula against Brett Favre. I know one thing, he needs to figure it out by Nov. 1. The only thing he did was with the linebackers crossing in the middle. The timing just got so bad and it just got all distorted and all guys were doing was running into each other. To become an effective blitzing team, you have to do it a lot to become good at it. If you're going to rush three and drop eight, the quarterback is eventually going to get the ball to his receivers. I was disappointed with the game plan. I thought it would be way more aggressive.

In LeRoy's blog after the Lambeau re-match he had so much to ***** about, such as the Jolly head butt and other gaffes and blunders that he didn't even touch on the lack of a pass rush - but again they didn't even touch favre and pretty much played the same D that they did the first time.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I found a couple of photos of what Angry guy and his wife will look like next time the Vikes are in the Super Bowl...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts