1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Where all you f****N ViQueens Fans at???

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by The Drew, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    New Awleans did prevail.
    They won the game.
    Stats and numbers etc don't mean **** unless you win.

2. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    I'd argue that stats and numbers generally do matter - it's just that you cannot predict turnovers as easily as you can match-ups.

475 to 260 in total yards - and from the road team. That's damned impressive and if Favre returns, the Vikings will sew up the North again.

3. OneHotelFoxtrot

OneHotelFoxtrot Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +24
    Stats and numbers don't put you in the W column if you don't handle your business...

4. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Forget it, dude - you're not comprehending. For turnovers ARE stats. Good Lord, people?!?!?

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983

Stats again

only when it helps you!

6. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Pot - Meet - Kettle. :)

7. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Well yeah it matters to you because that's all you have. And all you have is sour grapes.

You were on here bragging about how the Vikes did sooooo good to the Bears.
    So good that they lost that one in OT too.

You can defend the Vikes and Burp all you want to.
    If that floats your boat, fine. Whatever.
    But at the end of the day, it's the Vikes who lost and the Saints who won.

Don't be so sure about that.
    If (And it's a big "IF") Fail does return I think one of two things will happen.
    1) He'll blow it in the Post as always.
    2) Other teams will study this one and figure out how to break through Minny's O-line and cream him the way the Saints D-line did.
    (And a mighty fine job they did with that too, I might add.)

8. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
  9. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    LMAO you were saying a couple of months ago that stats didn't matter!!!

10. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    It doesn't. Unless it supports his argument. Then it does. So goes the way of the Viking fan.

11. GB2009

GB2009 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Wait a minute... If you love Brett Favre so much why do you want him to take another beating. I actually started to feel sorry for the guy.
    It's good that you didn't start complaining about the hits on Favre yet. I think the Purple People Eaters remember how it used to be when they punished without having to worry about the Commissioner's and Owner's feelings.

And the 5 turnovers...
    How could you not predict turnovers by the Vikings:
    1. Hostile environment in New Orleans.
    2. Having the mentality that they had to score points to beat the high-powered Saints.
    3. Most important of all... Having a perfect game the week before with Favre and Peterson having no turnovers.

Look at their losses.
    Pittsburgh: Favre loses fumble and throws an interception that goes for a touchdown.
    Cardinals: Favre throws 2 INT's.
    Panthers: Favre throws 1 INT
    Bears: AP loses fumble in overtime

No quality wins versus good teams.

12. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    They won against Baltimore, us and Cowboys... But I understand your point.

13. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    You do realize that the new gameplan on him, after Sunday, is to murder him?

I wouldn't expect another year like this one out of him, because he's going to have to go through 16 weeks of hell next year.

14. Clay's Jock Strap

Clay's Jock Strap TRK's Hero

Ratings:
    +26
    That is what pissed me off most about both games against him this year. Capers did exactly the opposite of what the book on how to rattle favre says. They didn't even breathe on him in either game. Maybe there is a reason that Capers is like 0-9 lifetime against favre.

15. wizard 87

wizard 87 Old Enough To Know Better

Ratings:
    +11
    New Viking Fight song ! "Ball on the ground, ball on the ground, lookin' like a foo' with that ball on the ground!"

Sing it with me!!

:happy0005::viksux:

16. angryguy77

angryguy77 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2

no quality wins but they still won the division. What does that make GB then?

17. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Also overrated.

I, like most people, probably undervalued the "weak schedule" argument during the regular season.

18. OneHotelFoxtrot

OneHotelFoxtrot Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +24
    Tissue? I know you're upset, especially if you lost sleep over this game.:viksux:

19. ThinkICare

ThinkICare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Hilarious, Hausch is being his hypocritical self again. Good job, pal!

20. speclast

speclast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think I found all the vikings fans...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km-xdj9g7Uc"]YouTube - Vikings fans reaction to Favre interception vs Saints[/ame]

21. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    That's gold man!

Now Pack and Vike fans have one thing in common.
    Reactions like that and being let down by Favre in the play off game.
    And then afterwards being forgiving and wanting him back again.
    Join the club.
    :crazy:

22. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Geez, if Porter would have kept running to the sidelines instead of cutting it back in he might have had a TD. I guess I shouldn't be so greedy though.

23. dewitt60

dewitt60 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Actually Capers ran a ton of blitzes that were picked up allowing Burt to hurt us. The Saints were charged up and got a better push with and without gimmicks. I think a lot of it has to do with it being the NFCC and being charged up. Their 4-3 got tons more push than our 3-4.

24. Clay's Jock Strap

Ratings:
    +26
    LeRoy Butler analyzes the Packers-Vikings game - JSOnline

LeRoy Butler analyzes the Packers-Vikings game
    'You have to pressure Brett. That's his downfall, when you're able to come after him, especially on third down.'
    Posted: Oct. 6, 2009

After each game, former Green Bay Packers all-pro safety LeRoy Butler teams up with Journal Sentinel beat writer Tom Silverstein in our "5 Questions with LeRoy Butler" feature. Butler appears on behalf of his charity, "The LeRoy Butler Foundation" (leroybutlerfoundation.org).

Following is the Q&A after Monday night's 30-23 loss to the Minnesota Vikings:

Q. What did you think of defensive coordinator Dom Capers' game plan to sit back in zone coverage against Brett Favre rather than pressure him with a lot of blitzes? It was almost as though he was daring Favre to beat him. But the Packers did hold Adrian Peterson to 55 yards. Did he make the right move?

A. You take Brett Favre over the years and even in the games he's played at the Metrodome and everyone blitzes Brett and forces him into mistakes. I think he could have at least combined everything. On first and second down, play your run defense and on third down you have to blitz him. You have to pressure Brett. That's his downfall, when you're able to come after him, especially on third down. At one point, they were 8 of 14 on third down and the Packers never tested him. There never was a Plan B. It just looked like they were too passive on third down. It was like a seven-on-seven drill. There was no pass rush and there was no aggressive style. Not to mention Dom Capers is 0-7 against Brett Favre. Maybe he doesn't know the formula against Brett Favre. I know one thing, he needs to figure it out by Nov. 1. The only thing he did was with the linebackers crossing in the middle. The timing just got so bad and it just got all distorted and all guys were doing was running into each other. To become an effective blitzing team, you have to do it a lot to become good at it. If you're going to rush three and drop eight, the quarterback is eventually going to get the ball to his receivers. I was disappointed with the game plan. I thought it would be way more aggressive.

In LeRoy's blog after the Lambeau re-match he had so much to bitch about, such as the Jolly head butt and other gaffes and blunders that he didn't even touch on the lack of a pass rush - but again they didn't even touch favre and pretty much played the same D that they did the first time.

25. Clay's Jock Strap

Ratings:
    +26
    I found a couple of photos of what Angry guy and his wife will look like next time the Vikes are in the Super Bowl...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]