When was the last time the wildcard team was the favorite?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I don't know this for sure, but I'd think there's a pretty good chance Pittsburgh was the favorite over Seattle when they played like 5 years ago.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pittsburgh was favored over Seattle -4 and Baltimore was favored over NYG -3.

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ That. There might've been more examples, but I think that covers #6 seeds.

Steelersfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If i recall correctly Slash, The Ravens were the number 5 seed going into the Superbowl, i might be wrong tho. I thought we were the first 6 seed to win it all.

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If i recall correctly Slash, The Ravens were the number 5 seed going into the Superbowl, i might be wrong tho. I thought we were the first 6 seed to win it all.

Yes, you're right.

Sure proves one thing- the playoffs are a completely different season. If you can make it into the tournament-you can win it all!

Steelersfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For sure, it takes motivation, eg, the 2000 Ravens, had tons of motivation, 2005 steelers (They had to beg and plea for Jerome Bettis to come back one more year for the chance of a ring). Everyone loves a good underdog story.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Packers are favorites. Isn't Vegas now with the Steelers, and I think most football people know how hard it is gonna be for the Packers to win. Whatever though, the game will be played and they will decide who was right and wrong.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Packers are favorites. Isn't Vegas now with the Steelers, and I think most football people know how hard it is gonna be for the Packers to win. Whatever though, the game will be played and they will decide who was right and wrong.

Nope Pack by 2 1/2.

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Preacher,
My guess is it's because they watched Bronco botch 2 snaps in the last game.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Nope Pack by 2 1/2.

Well, that Packers are the "home" team, and normally the home team is favored by 3 automatically before anything else is taken into consideration.

This means Vegas is expecting a close game.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Well, that Packers are the "home" team, and normally the home team is favored by 3 automatically before anything else is taken into consideration.

This means Vegas is expecting a close game.

That applies to the SB too? That seems weird. Why would they spot you points if you're not playing in your own stadium?

Members online

Latest posts