When is enough, enough?

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How long can you celebrate a championship season?
What celebrations are considered acceptable?
How butt hurt are Vikings and Bears fans now the Packers have won yet another World Championship?

These are the questions I ponder daily instead of actually getting my job done! (Just kidding boss!)

Every day since the championship game its a common occurrence to do the A-Rod Championship Belt! Most everyone that isn’t a jerk (Steelers, Bears, Cowboys or Vikings fans omitted) think its a riot!

Everyday I have a delivery guy who comes to my dept that I have enjoyed talking about the Packers this season. This is a rare commodity in Viking land (if there is such a thing? Is Minneapolis even worthy of being called this with such a wishy wash fan base?) The moment we see each other the belt is applied!

All the Bear, Viking, Cowboy and Steeler fans get the same treatment when they inadvertently glance in my direction.

Obviously there needs to be a point of limitation for such celebrations as not to tarnish the legacy of the event.

I dont know when to stop! :D

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no right or wrong answer.
There is no like official deadline or protocol.
You do whatever the f you want buddy.
You have the freedom to do that!
This has been a, what, 13, 14 year wait?
You cannot tarnish the legacy of this event. No way, no how.
You may come down from your natural high, but why would you want to?
I give you my blessing.
Enjoy this win as long and as much as you want to.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They will ALWAYS be SB chanps

Belt can be done for a while, but there will be a time it will get old

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well I think everyday until they crown someone else champs.

Pretty sure the MN paper wrote an article on this.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How long can you celebrate a championship season? ... I will FOREVER celebrate this championship.
What celebrations are considered acceptable? ... As long as you can't end up in jail for it, it's acceptable. And even that's debatable.
How butt hurt are Vikings and Bears fans now the Packers have won yet another World Championship? I hope they all join hands and jump together.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
well I think everyday until they crown someone else champs.

Pretty sure the MN paper wrote an article on this.

it was a sarcastic type article that I read...I cant find it now

But telling us not to celebrate to long we can use it after March or something?

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Til the draft.

Then the focus turns to defending the title and repeating.

It's not healthy to celebrate a championship too long. Look at Chicago. It's really pathetic how Bears fans still drool over the 85 team.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Til the draft.

It's not healthy to celebrate a championship too long. Look at Chicago. It's really pathetic how Bears fans still drool over the 85 team.

wow.. SOOO true! :blink:

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's celebrate this championship for a long time and while we are at it, lets celebrate all 4 Lombardi's. It feels so good to be a Cheesehead Packer fan, especially so after winning the big one. Heck, the Bears fans still talk about and celebrate their '85 lone SB winning team.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Ask Bear fans how long you can celebrate a SB. They have been showing the 85 SB team their O-faces for the last 25 years. LOL. Losers.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there is a set protocol here. Perhaps it is an individual thing. Some of these players will probably celebrate it until the end of their days. They have every right to it. For me, I don't think I will ever stop celebrating this year. I don't think I can and I don't want to. This team is as close to being immortal as a team can be. I don't want to forget that, ever.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I called up John Rambo last night and asked him,

"John, when do you think it's time to end the Packers' Super Bowl celebration? When is it over with?"
He said, "NOTHING IS OVER! NOTHING! YOU JUST DON'T TURN IT OFF!"

I was like, "Your right John, your absolutely right".

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I called up John Rambo last night and asked him,

"John, when do you think it's time to end the Packers' Super Bowl celebration? When is it over with?"
He said, "NOTHING IS OVER! NOTHING! YOU JUST DON'T TURN IT OFF!"

I was like, "Your right John, your absolutely right".
You must have been talking to him by video phone and he must have uploaded it to YouTube because here it is!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71vqGyWTs3c&NR=1]YouTube - Rambo Nothing Is Over[/ame]

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we can talk about being champs up until there is a new champ. So we have quite a while. However, we can rub the NFC championship game in the bears faces for a long time, because it will probably be a LOOONG time before they get to try and beat us in a game that important again.

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Til the draft.

You don't need to focus on defending anything for now...there's gonna be a lockout. Focus on buying a new rifle for hunting, or building an addition on to your house, or maybe even taking a trip to the Bahamas...something fun, cause Sundays are going to be a bit more boring this fall.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't need to focus on defending anything for now...there's gonna be a lockout. Focus on buying a new rifle for hunting, or building an addition on to your house, or maybe even taking a trip to the Bahamas...something fun, cause Sundays are going to be a bit more boring this fall.

Say, it isn't so. Say. Say it isn't so...

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
talk about debbie downer's, come on, both sides are being douches, doesn't mean that there isn't going to be football...2 weeks is a long time, 5 MONTHS is an ETERNITY in negotiations

Members online

Latest posts