When do we stop hating, and start feeling sorry for the Vikings & Cowboys?

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the "Super Bowl bound" Cowboys getting beat again today, and the queenies getting beat,( Nice throw there Brent..to the wrong team...again) when do we start feeling sorry for these teams? 1-6, 2-5....1-10, 3-11..? I know I have my idea, but when is enough ,enough?

Personally, I will never cheer for them, unless a win for them will directly help the Packers...I honestly hope they both go 4-12.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I have to comment...that i have no comment!! LOL...
At first I was at a loss for words when I first read this,...
Hate is too strong of a word for me to describe a football team... a very strong dislike is more like it! LOL. *Pardon my post if I had in the past posted how much I 'STRONGLY dislike a team!
But this post did get me to thinking.... I no longer razz people about them losing... (Viking fans, and Cowboy fans)... so I guess there does come a point where politeness steps in!!!
* point must be made that the above Cowboy fan that I used to razz and vice versa, has now jumped ship and joined the ranks of Raiders fans!!! All I could say to that is that win or lose.. Packer fans would never do that!!!! (unless they were fans of a player rather than the team)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could never cheer for the vikes unless it benifit us. Even then I doubt I could. The boys have enough cocky fans that this is good for them.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I will never feel sorry for the Cowboys.

For the Vikes, I expect it would have to take years of ineptitude and not having Favre leading their offense for me to ever pity them. Sort of like the Lions.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I could never cheer for the vikes unless it benifit us. Even then I doubt I could. The boys have enough cocky fans that this is good for them.

Give me a senerio where it would benefit us TO cheer for the Vikes??? I've never seen it happen!
Unless I had teemanymartoonies to know it!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Give me a senerio where it would benefit us TO cheer for the Vikes??? I've never seen it happen!
Unless I had teemanymartoonies to know it!

K... the senerio I can see is when TJ takes the position as QB to show that HE can do it as well...

*not buying the Brett is as hurt as he's playing it up to be....if he is..my apologies...but history makes me cautious

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will never cheer for either one of them but both teams are nudging themselves closer to being on my sympathy list. If there's anything worse than being hated, it's when you're so bad your very enemies begin to feel sorry for you. I would rather be hated than have anyone feel sorry for me. My soft side says yes, feel sorry for them. But I can't help but smile as they are going into a decline just as our hopes are rising.

L

Lunchboxer

I would feel sorry for the Cowboys after next week.

But i got no heart for the Vikings.

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a guy who lives in minneapolis, I personally like it when the vikes win just enough games to stay competitive...just a few wins worse than the Packers. That way my viking friends will stay interested in the NFL. Every year that the queens do horrible, they won't even particiipate in any trash talking...and talking trash with your friends is half the fun of pro sports. When the vikes do bad all my friends start becoming MN Wild fanatics; and thats no fun for me.

I like seeing both teams suffer embarassing losses. The only thing I don't celebrate is injuries; even to guys like Romo or Favre. I thought the cowgirls were gonna be pretty awesome this year (with 19 returning starters)...but wow..they really suck.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'll never feel sorry for either team. In both cases they made their beds, now they have to sleep in them. You can stick a fork in the Cowboys, but the Vikings have a winnable game next week against the cardinals, then they travel to Chicago. Then they play us in Minny. The Vikings aren't out of it. We've got our work cut out for us.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd ONLY feel sorry for both when Hell freezes over, but of course if that happens that would mean the Vikes have won the Super Bowl. Right now 1-7 for the Cowboys after next week puts a smile on my face and a 2-7 record for the Vikes after the packers beat them again, will make my day.

This is what Vike fans are doing after every game-->:frustrated:

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Hell no, the Cowboys and Vikings dug their own grave this season. Now yeah if the Packers beat them then yes I can start feeling sorry for the 'boys. And once they shot themselves in the foot to not being wildcard contenders AT ALL, then I will hope they win versus every NFC team.

As for the Vikings, after last year, and the coma Favre put the team into, they dug their grave and the only team I hope they beat is the Bears, since their record isn't as bad as the Vikings.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont enjoy seeing ANY player get hurt..

With at said I wont feel sorry for anyone else it helps the Packers

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
When do we stop hating, and start feeling sorry for the Vikings & Cowboys?

Never? I'll hate the Cowgurlz as long as Jerry Jones is the owner and they still think of themselves as "America's Team". And I'll hate the BiQueens as long as they are still in our division. Who can forget how many times we lost in the Metrodome. Or the year we beat them twice, only to lose to them in the playoffs.

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After all the s*** i heard from Vike fans last year i have Absolutely no pity for them. I hope they don't win anothergame this sason and slip into a long stretch of mediocrity, that's the bed they've made for themselves. They dished it, and now they've gotta take it

:viksux:

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Theres no way in HELLL I'd ever cheer for either of these teams in any situation or scenario even if the world depended on it...without a doubt these are my two least favorite teams in the League. I just purely hate everything about them and what they stand for. They truly are two ****** organizations and if they both go 2-14 I'd throw a ******* party.

Latest posts