what would you trade for Richard Sherman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently the Seahawks would be willing to trade him. he's set to have a cap number of 11 and 11.4 million in 2017/18 which might be too high so we'd likely have to sign him to a more cap friendly extension. he's 28 years old. I'd definitely without thinking give up the first round pick #29. I'm not sure how much more than that I guess 1st and a 5th. just because the chances of drafting a player of Sherman's caliber at 29 is highly unlikely. maybe you trade for Sherman get your edge rusher in the 2nd tj watt or jordan Willis come back in the 3rd and maybe take a risk on mixon or Sidney Jones. then you get a ol , running back or cb depending on 3rd rounder, dl, db with your other 4 picks. say Ethan pocic in the 4th, Shaquille Griffin in 5th, Tedric Thompson in 6th and dj Jones in 7th or joe Williams rb if you didn't get Mixon in 3rd. idk got off on tangent but point of story I woukd serious think about putting together an offer if I was TT

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nothing if their wasn't a guarantee that the officials won't let him get away with the same stuff he can in Seattle

D

Deleted member 6794

I would for sure be fine with the Packers trading the 29th selection in this year's draft to Seattle to acquire Sherman but expect the Seahawks to ask for an earlier pick in return.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't even think about that I would trade a first in a heart beat for him.. but I'm feeling more and more they will just hope Randall steps up and there other guys with Rollins and hunter kinda like how everyone was wanting us to drop Adams before... they are gonna go crazy especially with house coming back...

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right after the blowout vs the Falcons I posted several times the Seahawks would be willing to trade Sherman. At the time I advocated a trade with Cobb and Lindsley. Now that TT let both Lang and Tretter walk that scenario is no longer valid. I would trade a first and fifth for him. Getting Sherman would send a message to the team that the front office is serious about winning. I would also be willing to trade a second, fifth and Cobb for Sherman.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way Ted drafts first rounders. I would be just fine with him giving up the first round and heck they can have Cobb or even a later round pick

D

Deleted member 6794

The way Ted drafts first rounders. I would be just fine with him giving up the first round and heck they can have Cobb or even a later round pick

There's absolutely no reason to trade Cobb as he would have to be replaced before the start of next season and the move would result in $6 million of dead money counting against the cap.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
There's absolutely no reason to trade Cobb as he would have to be replaced before the start of next season and the move would result in $6 million of dead money counting against the cap.
Besides draft picks, what other ammo does GB have to maybe entice Seattle to give up Sherman but not hamstring our own hopes?

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going to take more than a 1st and 5th. At which point he is not worth it. Maybe throw in someone like Burnett or Cobb and a second instead.
can't give up Burnett unless you get Malik hooker at 29 and really not a big fan of giving up Cobb this season

D

Deleted member 6794

Besides draft picks, what other ammo does GB have to maybe entice Seattle to give up Sherman but not hamstring our own hopes?

The Packers don't have enough quality depth at any position to give up in a trade without having to adequately replace that player as well.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only way is to give up draft picks and they are gonna have a extra four comps next yr I'm all for trading for him

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean right now you have interchangeable safeties not sure you would with Randall. don't think he can play in the box at all

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The Packers don't have enough quality depth at any position to give up in a trade without having to adequately replace that player as well.
That is the entirety of an indictment in a nutshell of Ted's player procurement process. Seattle or anyone else would not be interested in Burnett, Martinez/Ryan's/Spriggs' potential, or either of Adams / Cobb? Losing all the preceding would hurt but any of them would not be a team killer.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson can draft wrs... we know this for sure.
If we can't keep Adams next year anyways, because we already are paying Jordy and Cobb 10mil each... maybe we trade him and draft a replacement sooner than later.
Cobb could be a tradable option after 2017. But we are committed to him right now... jordy?,like it or not, he is our bread and butter. The meat and the potatoes of our offense still. Can't figure him out of the picture yet... with 2 TEs, we can't field 3 wrs and a rb anyways.... wr is our best commodity imo.

Sherman will get it done... I like the idea.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think TT will hesitate to take a wr as high as the 2nd if one he loves falls or is there. I think you keep Cobb this year and you restructure, trade, or release him depending on what kind of season he has in 2017. but there's no way I'd wanna lose adama to keep Cobb at this point in their careers

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, Seattle would never trade Sherman. Not this season at least. Not with Earl Thomas coming back. However, next year? Yes, they would. The GM of Seattle, would probably prefer to pay Chancellor rather than Sherman. After this season? I would trade next year's first round pick (which will be late round), for Sherman, straight up, no extra picks. Whether he re-signs is up for another debate. This year, why not offer 1 year deals for veteran CBs, Darrelle Revis or Brandon Flowers or Leon Hall. I know Hall is DB hybrid, might not cost much. Flowers wants to prove he can play a full schedule, extra motivation. Revis is self-explanatory. Another option is Ross Cockrell from the Steelers, he's a 26 year old RFA, and the team gave him a 4th round tender. If the Steelers don't bite on the late 4th round pick, offer our late 3rd for Cockrell and their fourth rounder or fifth rounder. RBs could be found in the 4th or 5th rounds. Packers just need a bruiser. First three picks for Packers should be dedicated to CB, ILB, and OG in that order.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Start with our first, negotiate, go up to a fifth in addition if needed, and if that doesn't close the deal, be willing to give up a first and third instead. He will have immediate impact, we get him for two more years and $11m per is not bad. Having added House, our defensive backfield is so much better than last year. We would have a great chance at meeting the Pats in the SB next year.

Unless the Hawks ask for a player, I would not offer any. Picks are both precious and uncertain. I would rather have a under 30 great player now than draft, hope and then have to develop hoping for impact over the next few years. The window is still open, but it is getting close to closing time for Rodgers.

And I am a fan of Sherman. I like his attitude and he is a very smart man. We could use that here, both the attitude and the brains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online