What would you give up for Revis?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love to see him here. I can so easily visualize him assimilated into our D. I don't see him re-signing with the Jets at all. When players like Revis come along, it's one of the few times I actually resent T.T.'s drafting policy rather than admire it.

D Frank

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't need Revis.. Well, I wouldn't give up any draft picks for him or spend big bucks on him.. Shields is staying, Hayward is back from an injury, Hyde is koming off a great rookie year, Tramon will always be Tramon, and House is a young beast in process.. We need a Safety fellow cheeseheads.. A CB is not a need this year through free agency after the Shields deal was finalized.. I like LAMAR HOUSTON tho...

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's 1 of the 2 best corners in the league. In a division with some beasts at WR it wouldn't be bad to take a look.

D Frank

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's 1 of the 2 best corners in the league. In a division with some beasts at WR it wouldn't be bad to take a look.
The question is what would u give up to get Revis.. If he's worth taking a look, what would u do in order to get him?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The question is what would u give up to get Revis.. If he's worth taking a look, what would u do in order to get him?

Yes. I started the thread. But the question is not the same as it was meant for when he was with the jets.

If he's cut, I'd give him 12 a year and cut tramon.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes. I started the thread. But the question is not the same as it was meant for when he was with the jets.

If he's cut, I'd give him 12 a year and cut tramon.

CB is not a position of need for the Packers. I would be very cautious with Revis, there's a reason that two teams got rid of him although he had a valid contract (if he's cut by the Bucs), in addition I don't think he would accept another contract without guaranteed money.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Revis was playing last season coming off a serious knee injury. No way in hell I would even consider bringing in a big name with big money attached to it ...... into the house of the injury bug???? HELL NO. and after last season, showing that he didnt recover well from his previous seasons injury, he may be starting that trend towards being a wash up.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Revis was playing last season coming off a serious knee injury. No way in hell I would even consider bringing in a big name with big money attached to it ...... into the house of the injury bug???? HELL NO. and after last season, showing that he didnt recover well from his previous seasons injury, he may be starting that trend towards being a wash up.

Again he was the highest rated CB last season per PFF and a pro bowler. I don't understand the "didn't recover well" comment.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CB is not a position of need for the Packers. I would be very cautious with Revis, there's a reason that two teams got rid of him although he had a valid contract (if he's cut by the Bucs), in addition I don't think he would accept another contract without guaranteed money.

Based on how #1 WRs do against us I would say it is something we could look at. In addition he would be head n shoulders above tramon in term of ability

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Ummm..... watch tape of him on the jets vs last season..... he got OWNED many times last season. Even commentators were claiming he was not the same. He didn't look good in the flip the hips fast enough area. Looked like he was still hesitant about the knee. Regaurless, I saw him get ate up in many a high light session last season. Not to mention he has a previous serious knee injury and people want him to come to the land of the injury bug? Along with a monster price tag he would want, no thanks.... that's three reasons right there that he should just be kept as a dream.....or maybe a nightmare.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ummm..... watch tape of him on the jets vs last season..... he got OWNED many times last season. Even commentators were claiming he was not the same. He didn't look good in the flip the hips fast enough area. Looked like he was still hesitant about the knee. Regaurless, I saw him get ate up in many a high light session last season. Not to mention he has a previous serious knee injury and people want him to come to the land of the injury bug? Along with a monster price tag he would want, no thanks.... that's three reasons right there that he should just be kept as a dream.....or maybe a nightmare.

Let's not target anyone bc players break bones in Green Bay. I like that plan.

You pay for what you get.

As far as getting "owned", you're entitled to your own interpretation of film but pff had it as his best coverage of the season, even though it was the FIRST game of the season.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'll make a note of it that you don't like their grading system.

I actually like their grading system most of the time. But I think you have to take a look at some other stats as well, like opponent´s QB rating, INTs and passes defensed for CBs. And he wasn´t anywhere near the top in any of these categories in 2013.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually like their grading system most of the time. But I think you have to take a look at some other stats as well, like opponent´s QB rating, INTs and passes defensed for CBs. And he wasn´t anywhere near the top in any of these categories in 2013.

I think bc is one if the ones (along with pass rushers to some extent) that you need to look at the overall picture. You take a guy like Nmandi who was labeled a shutdown corner when in fact he was the ideal elite shutdown corner. You take a guy like hall who some years has a high int rating but gets burned a lot since he gambles. I think any one of those categories is bad judgement of a corner. I'm trusting the PFF coverage grade bc I'm not going to sit n watch 16 bucs games.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think any one of those categories is bad judgement of a corner. I'm trusting the PFF coverage grade bc I'm not going to sit n watch 16 bucs games.

I think taking only one of them into consideration would be bad judgement, a combination of them makes sense to me though. Totally agree with you though on not wanting to watch 16 Bucs games.

Members online

Latest posts