1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What was with all the toss plays?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Brandon, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Brandon

Brandon Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +109
    I've taken some flack here before for criticizing some of the play calling made, but can someone please explain the many toss plays ran with Lacy? Obviously the Bears are a terrible running defense (although overall they did pretty well against us, and Lacy specifically) but why would you take a larger, down-hill runner with an ankle that's not at 100% and run him outside? I really wanted to see a lot more up-the-gut runs from him.

It especially made me angry when we ran the tosses on 3rd and short scenarios, I never like running outside the numbers when you need a critical first down.

2. DON BARRETT

DON BARRETT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    Need to run some screen passes with his big A$$, just like the pack did when Edgar Bennet was the running back back in the day. i can just see it now with 3 plus lineman blocking and he is behind the train blowing the whistle!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jeg53

jeg53 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Totally agree, if McDumber thinks we need to run the ball wide it should be done with a healthy Starks, saying that I think Lacy is great and love the way he runs.

• Old Old x 1
  4. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +626
    Any time you can force a running back on a bad ankle to cut on that ankle, you do it!

5. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,069
    The toss plays worked early in the game, so why not keep them up until the Bears proved they could stop it?

Eventually, the Bears did catch on and the toss plays became less frequent, but I see nothing wrong with running the same play as long as it's working

6. PackMan13x

PackMan13x Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +132
    I like when we run that play with Cobb. I know he's been hurt, but that's a dynamic guy I love to see out in space. It's kind of like our faux wildcat. Putting our most electric guy in the backfield without taking our best player out of the equation.