What was with all the toss plays?

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've taken some flack here before for criticizing some of the play calling made, but can someone please explain the many toss plays ran with Lacy? Obviously the Bears are a terrible running defense (although overall they did pretty well against us, and Lacy specifically) but why would you take a larger, down-hill runner with an ankle that's not at 100% and run him outside? I really wanted to see a lot more up-the-gut runs from him.

It especially made me angry when we ran the tosses on 3rd and short scenarios, I never like running outside the numbers when you need a critical first down.

DON BARRETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Need to run some screen passes with his big ***, just like the pack did when Edgar Bennet was the running back back in the day. i can just see it now with 3 plus lineman blocking and he is behind the train blowing the whistle!

jeg53

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Totally agree, if McDumber thinks we need to run the ball wide it should be done with a healthy Starks, saying that I think Lacy is great and love the way he runs.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The toss plays worked early in the game, so why not keep them up until the Bears proved they could stop it?

Eventually, the Bears did catch on and the toss plays became less frequent, but I see nothing wrong with running the same play as long as it's working

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like when we run that play with Cobb. I know he's been hurt, but that's a dynamic guy I love to see out in space. It's kind of like our faux wildcat. Putting our most electric guy in the backfield without taking our best player out of the equation.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts