What the hell is going on out there?

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the heck happened to our Green Bay Packers against Arizona. we looked terrible! The O'line needs to get healthy and right now.. Picks in the end zone, fumble 6's.. just horrible

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've all discussed multiple reasons for the team's struggles this season, and outside of their being multiple reasons, I'm at a loss to explain why they look as bad as they bad they have. I don't know if anyone- from the front office to the coaches to us fans- foresaw, or could have foresaw this season.

OP
OP
Packerlover

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've all discussed multiple reasons for the team's struggles this season, and outside of their being multiple reasons, I'm at a loss to explain why they look as bad as they bad they have. I don't know if anyone- from the front office to the coaches to us fans- foresaw, or could have foresaw this season.
I agree.

I want to say that the loss of Jordy Nelson is the reason but it can't just be because of 1 player, can it? I mean.. look at Dallas without Romo. they're terrible, so I guess it could be just because of 1 player..

The thing that upsets me the most is the lack of effort I witnessed in that game. Arizona was playing at 100% +

The Pack looked lethargic, like they didn't want to be there.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As huge of a loss as Jordy was, no one was talking about how much we missed him after we completely dismantled a Kansas City defense that is #2 in scoring D this year. Or in the weeks around that. Something went wrong around the bye, and I'm sure everyone wishes they knew what it was and if it can be fixed this year, but the Packers problems on offense run deeper than Jordy Nelson.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Chiefs D that now is #2. Thirteen weeks is a long time in the NFL. And it was after week 3- in an article I read somewhere- that enough film had circulated that led teams around the league to realize they no longer had to fear our passing game.

OP
OP
Packerlover

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the problem is the Offensive line. These guys are just not doing the job. Even with below average receivers, they should still get open if Rodgers has enough time. Rodgers was running for his life vs Arizona

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
What happened? My honest opinion, reduced to the most simple....sometimes, you get steamrolled by a superior team. Plus, I'm reminded of a scene from The Replacements where Shane Falco compares a team meltdown to being stuck in quicksand .... Or... It could have been a fear of bees...in any event, the Pack plain and simple were dominated.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not as the reason, Packerlover, but as far as the Oline goes, IMO injuries have played their part. Have Sitton, Bulaga or Lang been healthy all season? Is Sitton's back injury chronic? Is Lang's shoulder? IMO, too many injuries over too many years have eroded Bulaga's talents beyond recovery.

OP
OP
Packerlover

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not as the reason, Packerlover, but as far as the Oline goes, IMO injuries have played their part. Have Sitton, Bulaga or Lang been healthy all season? Is Sitton's back injury chronic? Is Lang's shoulder? IMO, too many injuries over too many years have eroded Bulaga's talents beyond recovery.
I know injuries have hurt us but why don't they hurt other teams as bad.. New England?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heh, not sure anyone should be compared to the Pats. They're in a league of their own.
They have absolutely suffered from their injuries, as well. They didn't go from being an SB favorite to a bunch of girly men like GB, but Brady has suffered even though he still has the best receiving threat in the league.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a horrible loss. Haven't seen an butt kicking that bad in a long time. Will watch tape and make adjustments for next week.

(See what I did there?)

Jerry Anderson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry but I have been a packer fan for over 50 years Bart Starr was great Lynn ****ey was above average, Brett Favre was very good and sometimes awful but Arod has taken a few steps backward . I agree the team needs plenty of improvement
but your quarterback has to be focused on the team, season, and his play not how many commercials he makes for state
farm, star wars, jepardy , and now the up coming televison show about (I GET THAT ALOT) on ABC 12/30/15.
Stars do different things( I UNDERSTAND ENDORCEMENTS ARE COMMOM) but not in the middle of the season.
Sorry Rodgers is not a great come from behind QB, he plays great when they have a good lead( detroit game this year was a fluke) I love my packers but we must face the truth Rodgers has some flaws.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry but I have been a packer fan for over 50 years Bart Starr was great Lynn ****ey was above average, Brett Favre was very good and sometimes awful but Arod has taken a few steps backward . I agree the team needs plenty of improvement
but your quarterback has to be focused on the team, season, and his play not how many commercials he makes for state
farm, star wars, jepardy , and now the up coming televison show about (I GET THAT ALOT) on ABC 12/30/15.
Stars do different things( I UNDERSTAND ENDORCEMENTS ARE COMMOM) but not in the middle of the season.
Sorry Rodgers is not a great come from behind QB, he plays great when they have a good lead( detroit game this year was a fluke) I love my packers but we must face the truth Rodgers has some flaws.
You are drunk.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bahk was out. Sitton hurtin. Linsley got knocked out. lang hurt bulaga knocked out... correct? this is getting ugly.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You know Rodgers also did commercials before this season.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe MM's brother's death had something to do with it, but he seemed to want less responsibility this season, so he gave up playcalling. Then he did things to lose respect from the players. Myles White had a great preseason and all indications were he'd make the final roster. Then suddenly James Jones was cut and they dumped White to make room for Jones. Then mid-season MM is forced to take back playcalling duties, which pissed AR off since he's friends with Clements. Chewy even said in a radio interview this weekend that MM has lost the team and AR doesn't respect MM and thinks he's smarter than MM.

Things looked good with the 6-0 start, but like someone else said it was all smoke and mirrors, with much of the scoring from free plays off encroachment penalties and PI calls.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has given up, otherwise he would have told us to "R-E-L-A-X" like last year.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As huge of a loss as Jordy was, no one was talking about how much we missed him after we completely dismantled a Kansas City defense that is #2 in scoring D this year. Or in the weeks around that. Something went wrong around the bye, and I'm sure everyone wishes they knew what it was and if it can be fixed this year, but the Packers problems on offense run deeper than Jordy Nelson.

Offensive problems:

1. Losing Jordy
2. Rodgers not on his game
3. Lacy out of shape
4. Banged up OL and lack of depth on OL
5. Cobb not catching the ball
6. Adams generally sucking
7. Losing Montgomery and Quarless most of the season

Number 1 will be back next year. Number 2 should work itself out. Number 3 needs a personal trainer in his back pocket all offseason long. Number 4 needs improved depth. Number 5 probably improves when Number 1 is resolved. Number 6 can be replaced if necessary by almost anyone else if he doesn't get his **** together. Number 7... see Number 1.

There's plenty of reason to be optimistic about our offense being as good or better than ever next year, but very little reason to expect that to happen this year.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I read Butler correctly he gives the Packer no chance to save this season and feels the Packer players have all but given up.
I do NOT see a team that has given up. I see some critical injuries to average players and playing at a subpar level or being replaced with completely inadequate replacements. I see a bunch of other guys playing hard, in fact i think I'd say that effort isn't the problem at all for this team, but coming together as a team is. There's lots of individual effort out there, but they just haven't come together as a team for all sorts of reasons this year.

It's why I see so much of the fits and flops from this offense and at times the defense, but overall they've been pretty solid all year. I see some guys that just aren't that good and decent players hobbled all year, but don't think they've quit or aren't playing hard. I don't think it's the general mental make up of the players on this team either. They know what can happen when you get in and play well once the playoffs start. They also know it ain't over till it's over. I'd be surprised if many, if any, have cashed it in for the year.

Members online

Latest posts