What NFC Team scares you the most...

What team in the NFC possesses a threat to the Packers or makes you the most nervous about playing?

• Lions

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • 49ers

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Giants

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Eagles

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.9%

• Total voters

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The hardest team for us to play is not the team with a great defense. We showed last year in the SB that a great defense really doesn't slow us down. This year shows easily that what a team neads to beat us with is their offense. The Saints pose the biggest threat to us... by quite a ways. And the Saints, from the look of it, will play a Wild Card game then move on to the 49ers in the Divisional round as we play the Lions coming off a win against the Giants.

Also, think about this.... The Lions and the Bears could both be in a WC teams.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Who is still scared of Philadelphia?

I can't believe when they win a game, the band wagon comes back. 4-6 and people are saying they are going to beat the Patriots :roflmao:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Vick and McCoy and his WRs are healthy, then I respect them.
I can't dismiss the fact that we barely beat them in the playoff starter, and that was with us having Cullen.

Safe to say, I will be rooting for Newengland tomorrow, which is rare for me.
Why is that game not flexed to Sunday night so we don't have to see Tyler Palko's Chiefs again... get creamed?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the Eagles. They are one loss away from being out of the playoffs, it may very well come tomorrow night against the Patriots. If it's not the Patriots, it will just be somebody else. Vick has been injury prone this year. If they manage to win out the season and make the playoffs, I'd be shocked.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the Eagles. They are one loss away from being out of the playoffs, it may very well come tomorrow night against the Patriots. If it's not the Patriots, it will just be somebody else. Vick has been injury prone this year. If they manage to win out the season and make the playoffs, I'd be shocked.

Vick isn't even playing. Vince Young is up to start against the Patriots tomorrow. Eagles early in the season just sucked, now they show moments of greatness one week followed by a laugher the next week. No consistency anywhere besides their running attack.

I really think if the Eagles had an offseason they'd be dangerous right now. But there was so much change in such a short amount of time with no adjustment period. They are 53 individuals playing on that team and if you are playing as 53 individuals you aren't going to win a whole lot of games.

Eagles could be the team to look out for next year.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vick isn't even playing. Vince Young is up to start against the Patriots tomorrow. Eagles early in the season just sucked, now they show moments of greatness one week followed by a laugher the next week. No consistency anywhere besides their running attack.

I really think if the Eagles had an offseason they'd be dangerous right now. But there was so much change in such a short amount of time with no adjustment period. They are 53 individuals playing on that team and if you are playing as 53 individuals you aren't going to win a whole lot of games.

Eagles could be the team to look out for next year.

I know Vick isn't playing, I live 5 minutes from Philly! :p

I agree with you with the Eagles being dangerous if they had an off season. I think the lockout hurt a team like the Eagles the most. They had a lot of new players come in, (new egos), and very little if any time to gel. What this team needs is time. This season is all but gone for them, they should start to focus on next year, indeed.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I know Vick isn't playing, I live 5 minutes from Philly! :p

I live about 1/2 hour from Philly in Chester County.

I agree with you with the Eagles being dangerous if they had an off season. I think the lockout hurt a team like the Eagles the most. They had a lot of new players come in, (new egos), and very little if any time to gel. What this team needs is time. This season is all but gone for them, they should start to focus on next year, indeed.

Yup. They have 2 new coaches, a new DC, and probably 10 or more new players. Most of them on defense. Too much change and no time to gel.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I live about 1/2 hour from Philly in Chester County.

Yup. They have 2 new coaches, a new DC, and probably 10 or more new players. Most of them on defense. Too much change and no time to gel.

Lots of us PA Packer Backers on here. :tup:

Dean518

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why have not bears ? of course , they are not so strong after Jay Cutler's absence . Alos , if Eagles plays the level like they win over Cowboys , we may lose .

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
why have not bears ? of course , they are not so strong after Jay Cutler's absence . Alos , if Eagles plays the level like they win over Cowboys , we may lose .

It is going to be interesting to see what the Bear's are going to be like without Cutler. But who knows, they may win with Haine and then have a potential quarterback controversy on their hands for next year. As for the Eagles, for them to play us, they'd have to make it to the playoffs. You might as well bet on a 3-legged horse to win the Triple Crown.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score

The Eagles had ONE GAME with a blow out, yeah I'm real scared of a 4-6 team that had ONE GAME where they blew someone out compared to the MANY games that San Francisco, New Orleans, and Dallas have blown teams out.

People need to stop listening to ESPN and start watching the Eagles, look how bad their defense is, that's what I'm scared to death of. They won one game against Dallas and everyone jumped the band wagon, but if they lose another, I'm sure everyone still will be saying how great Vick is and how we're lucky we don't have to play them again even though they are playing so terrible.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because they are still very much mathematically alive. And because they came the closest to beating us out of anyone in the past 12 months.
Yes they have a pulse but they are way down the line in playoff possibilities. I was once on the "I'm scared of the Eagles". They aren't going to make it!!! They are getting beat as I write this by the Pats. They will most likely be 4-7 after week eleven. Really a 4-7 team is our biggest worry?:confused:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Eagles lose to the Patriots tonight, and it's looking like they might, the Eagles may very well be mathematically eliminated. I want to check to be sure that they are indeed mathematically eliminated before I write them out. All this talk about a team being "done," I just want to be sure it is factual. There is a big difference than saying a team probably won't make the playoffs and the team actually being mathematically eliminated. They will need to win their division to make it, so first I want to see if that's even possible. The Eagles need to win out the season to have a chance. Not to sound funny, but I think the Eagles might actually be in a position to help the Packers if they don't make the playoffs. They can be a spoiler and knock off other teams trying to scratch their way into the playoffs.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kitten I don't give a **** how you couch it, the Eagles are done and not a threat...period. C'mon do you really think they are worrisome? They are dead as last weeks farts.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Yeah forget the Eagles. Please.

This team also looks out of shape to me at times. How can a team be so bad in the 4th quarter every week? Bunch of bums.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kitten I don't give a **** how you couch it, the Eagles are done and not a threat...period. C'mon do you really think they are worrisome? They are dead as last weeks farts.

I don't think they are a threat because I don't think they will make the playoffs. As I previously stated, I like to be sure they are eliminated before I rule them out.

*Edit: Where did I state that I thought they were worrisome? Enlighten me, please.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think they are a threat because I don't think they will make the playoffs. As I previously stated, I like to be sure they are eliminated before I rule them out.

*Edit: Where did I state that I thought they were worrisome? Enlighten me, please.
Never quoted you, just ask if you thought they were worrisome. :confused:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never quoted you, just ask if you thought they were worrisome. :confused: Enlighten me with you putting in quotes a team was "dead".

Good! Because I'm not worried about them, at least as far as the Packers are concerned. The Eagles have way too many issues and in all probability won't be around for the playoffs anyway. My putting in quotes a team was "dead" is meant to be synonymous with a team being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. As in their season is done.

Can you really smell your week old farts?! You are amazing! :roflmao:

I actually didn't say "dead," I said, "done." Same difference.

Members online

Latest posts