What made you a Packers fan?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Despite have been mentioned by several posters in the past nearly two years it seems it's not impossible for a quarterback who entered the league as a backup in 2020 to have a positive impact from the get-go. At this point I definitely rather have Huntley than Love.
Huntley brought them back against Cleveland and was as good or better than every QB we faced this year. Who knows? If Huntley had gone against KC in his first start he may have won the game.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two different systems. The Ravens did not have to change much if anything at all in the transition from Lamar to Huntley. Huntley may actually be the better passer. We will never know if Huntley or Love would be the better QB in the MLF system.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Despite have been mentioned by several posters in the past nearly two years it seems it's not impossible for a quarterback who entered the league as a backup in 2020 to have a positive impact from the get-go. At this point I definitely rather have Huntley than Love.
Yeah having seen both start a game, no question Huntley is much better, much more at ease with the speed of the game. Pretty impressive really.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huntley looked very athletic and he threw the ball very well. Don't know how anyone can make any comparisons about Love. It is only that Huntley looked good. Nothing more.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Two different systems. The Ravens did not have to change much if anything at all in the transition from Lamar to Huntley. Huntley may actually be the better passer. We will never know if Huntley or Love would be the better QB in the MLF system.
Huntley looked very athletic and he threw the ball very well. Don't know how anyone can make any comparisons about Love. It is only that Huntley looked good. Nothing more.
Agreed. Of course some fans want to compare the 2, because after all, "the Packers should have never drafted Love." Very difficult to compare 2 young QB's in 2 completely different offenses. Not to mention that Huntley w/130 attempts, has gotten more work than Love with 41 attempts.

EDIT: Also, the data for both QB's is still way too small, as well as the game film on either. Collin Kaepernick was a beast, until DC's figured out how to defend him.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just Huntley's performance speaks volumes. In two games Huntley completely outplays Love. You watch his reads. You watch when he chooses to run. And you watch his accuracy with the throw. Huntley did not throw one INT. And I believe he only was registered as one sack. And go back and see how he did against the Browns after Jackson got hurt. Are you saying the Ravens system is so much easier than ours? If it is then it should be the model to develop all rookie QBs. Maybe even Justin Fields would improve with it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Are you saying the Ravens system is so much easier than ours? If it is then it should be the model to develop all rookie QBs. Maybe even Justin Fields would improve with it.
I'm sure Schultz will respond too, but since I agreed with him, I will chime in. I think what we were saying is that the Ravens offense is set up for a running type QB which both Jackson and Huntley appear to be. I think if you slipped Love into that offense (same players) and gave him as many reps as Huntley has had, you might see a different and a better QB than you saw in KC. On the flip side, I don't think the Packers offense, including their receivers are that conducive to Love's type of game. If Rodgers is traded, I think we will see a different offense inserted, one that plays more into Love's style of short passes and options to run.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just Huntley's performance speaks volumes. In two games Huntley completely outplays Love. You watch his reads. You watch when he chooses to run. And you watch his accuracy with the throw. Huntley did not throw one INT. And I believe he only was registered as one sack. And go back and see how he did against the Browns after Jackson got hurt. Are you saying the Ravens system is so much easier than ours? If it is then it should be the model to develop all rookie QBs. Maybe even Justin Fields would improve with it.
Huntley had more experience (albeit not much) than Love. Love was pretty much asked to game manage. Huntley had a playbook structured to his strengths. Huntley also played well (not as good as against the Packers) against the Bears. If you compare Huntley's stats and eye test from the Bears, Browns & Packer games to Jackson' last 3 games you might be surprised.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huntley had more experience (albeit not much) than Love. Love was pretty much asked to game manage. Huntley had a playbook structured to his strengths. Huntley also played well (not as good as against the Packers) against the Bears. If you compare Huntley's stats and eye test from the Bears, Browns & Packer games to Jackson' last 3 games you might be surprised.
I give credit to John Harbaugh, a veteran coach. He has been through the QB games before with Flacco. It is amazing how he gets his team ready no matter what the adversity is. If he ever decides to play OT again his record may get better.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If you compare Huntley's stats and eye test from the Bears, Browns & Packer games to Jackson' last 3 games you might be surprised.
I have read a few Baltimore articles that this last start of Huntly, might heat up the debate of the possible trading of Jackson and keeping Huntley and his lower for now salary. I think its mostly talk and Jackson isn't due a huge pay raise until 2023.

Now if Love looked like Huntley, I think the Packers front office might be working on Rodgers trade scenarios already.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure Schultz will respond too, but since I agreed with him, I will chime in. I think what we were saying is that the Ravens offense is set up for a running type QB which both Jackson and Huntley appear to be. I think if you slipped Love into that offense (same players) and gave him as many reps as Huntley has had, you might see a different and a better QB than you saw in KC. On the flip side, I don't think the Packers offense, including their receivers are that conducive to Love's type of game. If Rodgers is traded, I think we will see a different offense inserted, one that plays more into Love's style of short passes and options to run.
That's a good way to look at the Baltimore QB situation v. Green Bay. Personally, I'm not fond of running QBs. I don't know the stats, but they don't seem to last long. Vince Williams, RBIII, Vick, now Jackson - these guys are just not built to take the hits. Even Mahomes and Wilson, who certainly can run, seem now much more willing to use their legs to move the pocket rather than to gain yards.

As for Love, I just don't see him as the guy in GB once Rodgers moves on. I admit that's not fair as we've seen so little from him. He strikes me as a notch better than Hundley (not Huntley) and Kizer, but not much. GB's QB of the future is out there somewhere. He's just not Love. That's just my opinion. I hope I'm wrong.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Born and raised in Upper Michigan where 80% of us are Packer fans. Dad was a Packers fan, obviously. So it was more or less something you did rather than become. First vague recollection is GB's high scoring win over the Redskins back in 83(I believe).
Being a born and raised Yooper like you, I have a similar story. My dad was a Packers fan also, and watched every Sunday with him. I remember that Redskins game, my teacher in high school was at that game, our class the next day, all he did was talk about it for the whole hour.

Kramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being born and raised in NC, most would expect me to be a Panthers or Redskins(Or whatever they call themselves now) fan. But no, I became a Packers fan simply due to when I was 8th grade, a friend of mine whose family had moved down from Madison, invited me over to watch Packers games with them and I haven't looked back since.

Never been to Lambeau but absolutely a dream for me, though I know quite hard to get tickets lol.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never been to Lambeau but absolutely a dream for me, though I know quite hard to get tickets lol.
Yeah, like Pokerbrat says, you can get tickets pretty easily. And not that expensive IMO. Now when you throw the hotel and/or a package in along with it, it gets pretty salty. It's the season tickets that you have to wait for.

Reaction score
I became a Packers fan simply due to when I was 8th grade, a friend of mine whose family had moved down from Madison, invited me over to watch Packers games with them and I haven't looked back since.
Remember. Just do what I do and fly by the seat of your pants!
Wait. Except pigs don’t wear pants? So maybe pant by the seat of your fly? That’s just wrong I apologize.

Welcome SuperPig!

PS. If this group had made a concerted effort to fly the First Airplane? they would’ve called us the “Wrong Brothers” when we were done. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being born and raised in NC, most would expect me to be a Panthers or Redskins(Or whatever they call themselves now) fan. But no, I became a Packers fan simply due to when I was 8th grade, a friend of mine whose family had moved down from Madison, invited me over to watch Packers games with them and I haven't looked back since.

I hope you get to make the trip someday. It's quite something to experience.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to ask this, so I randomly chose this message board. Did Captain leave the forum? I have not seen him in quite some time. He used to contribute quite a bit.

Members online

Latest posts