What made you a Packers fan?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Iam a fan of the NFL for 35+ yrs. There are many teams I like to follow, as I do for the PACKERS. But the Packers have a category all their own. Its the long history of the team, and the iconic players of greatness of the past during the 60's. The 70's and 80's were average teams, but still I remember the days of Lynn ****ey, Barty Smith, and James Lofton, etc. The Brett Favre and Reggie White era is naturally unforgettable, and today's era with Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews has a place in time as well.
First football card was Paul Hornung. Ironic because my family and friends were inherently Bear fans due to geography.

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been a fan for over 50yrs. Back then, they were just a hard-nosed team and did their job.

BrissyT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What made you a Packers fan? Were you raised in a family that are fans? Is it because of your location? Do you personally know the players?

New here! Long story short. Being an Aussie, NFL is not our usual go to sport!! But, I got into NFL through my husband and then really got in to it after watching Last Chance U on Netflix. So then I was on the hunt for a team. I had actually decided on the Raiders as we’d been to the Oakland area and knowing they were moving I thought that would be a good option so as not be be seen to be jumping on the bandwagon of another winning or popular team.

Fast forward a a little and we were in Green Bay en route to the CrossFit Games. Happened to be there when training camp was on and OMG! The sense of community was next level. So I had to post to my friends that I was now a cheesehead.

The plan is to be there for a Nov game in 2020. So freaking excited so will be here looking for tips etc on getting tickets and tailgating and making friends with other Cheeseheads!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
New here! Long story short. Being an Aussie, NFL is not our usual go to sport!! But, I got into NFL through my husband and then really got in to it after watching Last Chance U on Netflix. So then I was on the hunt for a team. I had actually decided on the Raiders as we’d been to the Oakland area and knowing they were moving I thought that would be a good option so as not be be seen to be jumping on the bandwagon of another winning or popular team.

Fast forward a a little and we were in Green Bay en route to the CrossFit Games. Happened to be there when training camp was on and OMG! The sense of community was next level. So I had to post to my friends that I was now a cheesehead.

The plan is to be there for a Nov game in 2020. So freaking excited so will be here looking for tips etc on getting tickets and tailgating and making friends with other Cheeseheads!

Welcome to the Forum Brissy and congratulations on becoming a Cheeshead! I'm a bit biased, but I think you picked the right team as well as THE best fan forum. :whistling:

Packer games are a blast to attend and yes, you definitely need to come early to tailgate (before and after the game) or really it isn't the FULL experience. Reach out to the members here and we will try to set you up with the best fan experience!

Until then, keep checking in and reading, you will not only learn a lot about the Packers here, but meet a lot of fun, as well as nice Packer fans.

#GoPackGo!

MUEng92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I grew up in Rockford, Il and was brainwashed...I mean convinced by my uncle to be a Packers fan as a young boy. I was in high school during the dreaded Super Bowl Shuffle years, which permanently cemented my destain for all things Bear. Went to Marquette where as a sophomore I was set up on a blind date with a girl from Green Bay. After our 1st date she asked if I wanted to go to a Packers game with her. Umm, I said yes. The game we went to was the “Instant Replay” game against the Bears. Of course I ended up marrying her and now share season tickets with my brother-in-law.

To ruin the story in the eyes of all of you from Wisconsin, I’m just as big of a Cubs fan as I am a Packers fan.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
To ruin the story in the eyes of all of you from Wisconsin, I’m just as big of a Cubs fan as I am a Packers fan.

Darn and I was really trying to like you until this part! :coffee:

Welcome to the right side of the tracks in the NFL anyway.

BrissyT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum Brissy and congratulations on becoming a Cheeshead! I'm a bit biased, but I think you picked the right team as well as THE best fan forum. :whistling:

Packer games are a blast to attend and yes, you definitely need to come early to tailgate (before and after the game) or really it isn't the FULL experience. Reach out to the members here and we will try to set you up with the best fan experience!

Until then, keep checking in and reading, you will not only learn a lot about the Packers here, but meet a lot of fun, as well as nice Packer fans.

#GoPackGo!
Sounds like a plan to me!!

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

#GoPackGo!
You will also learn that any criticism of the Packers will be tolerated by some people on here but not many. Funny thing though, if those "some people" criticize, then that's fine. Be careful who you disagree with BrissyT.

Sky King

Reaction score

Dress warmly.:ninja: And you could very well make new lifelong friends during a walkabout through the tailgaters. My pen-pal of the past 16 years is a resident of the UK and we first met on a Lambeau Field tour the day after a November game. We have since declared ourselves to be "cousins." It should be a fun expanded gameday adventure for you and the Mister.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Everyone in my house was a Bears fan, my favorite color was gold and to **** off my family I rooted for the green and gold to **** off my family..yes..and never looked back.

Zad Fnark

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was sorta indifferent to football until the 4th grade. My parents took me to the Bears game in the 1978 season and the Pack won 24-14. Was hooked ever since.

Green Bay Parker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dad raised me to be one (although I strayed away during the my early and teen years)...I went to my first game at Lambeau Field this year against the Raiders (Aaron Rodgers' perfect passer rating game), and it was also my father's first game their too. We saw the Packers twice in person, once at FedEx against the Redskins and once in Minnesota against the Vikings the day after we saw Ohio State play Minnesota (Ohio State fans for college).

And after my trip to Green Bay this year, I was a million percent bought in to the team. Loved the stadium, people, tradition, hall of fame, small town atmosphere, the location and the lack of over-advertising within the stadium...my father also owns a couple shares of stock, so I will one day be a partial owner of the team because of his awesome investment! Sadly it will mean his demise of course, but I will gladly take up the honor of cheering on the Packers and remain connected to them until I die and pass the stock down to my kids.

Love the team structure, players, history, all of it. A truly unique football team to be a part of.

Green Bay Parker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm from Croatia, no one watches football here.
When I got my first Madden, I played with Packers, all the time, I don't know why. So when I started whatching football, I watched some Packers games and instantly liked them.
Croatia, nice! I have some great grandparent relatives from Croatia. I would love to go visit sometime.

Green Bay Parker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's beautiful! Well worth the trip. Awesome people, sights, food and weather. If you go, include a few days in Dubrovnik for sure, they filmed some of Game of Thrones there.

Can't go wrong with a trip to Croatia.
Would love some travel tips/advice for going there if you're willing to give any or know any. And also, you still live there? What part? How do they feel about and treat Americans?

Would greatly appreciate an actual connection to where one day when I have the funds to go that I could make it happen. And could help me plan out the best way to navigate, etc.

PackersAU

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NBA is a lot more popular than NFL in Australia but I think the Packers are one of the most popular teams, probably because of the colours.

Personally, I went for them because I had a teacher back at school who was nuts about them so they were the team I sort of new most about

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

NBA is a lot more popular than NFL in Australia but I think the Packers are one of the most popular teams, probably because of the colours.

Personally, I went for them because I had a teacher back at school who was nuts about them so they were the team I sort of new most about

Welcome to the forum and I hope you and your family are safe with all the fires in Oz. Prayers are with you.

Swagger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers. Plain and simple.

#12.

That baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad man!

The Hold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Growing up in Saskatchewan in the mid-late 80s we only got 1 NFL game a week. Don Majkowski caught my eye and made me a Packers fan. Majic Man.

Reaction score
I became a Green Bay Packers Shareholder the last time the stock was available for purchase. It was a gift from my Dad. So far, I have seen them play here in Carolina once, and I hope to see more games someday, including hopefully a game in Green Bay.

pedro67

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been a fan for a while, I guess its the colours as I'm a big Glasgow Celtic fan. Other than that, I like Lambeau field in the snow and the history of the club.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

@buggybill2003 better watch out we'll start ganging up on you

Shame about his choice of teams though:whistling::whistling:

both of your choices still haven`t won the European cup or for that World club championship as often as my home team has.....lol

Oh and did you know England once won the World cup ?????? just saying....lol

Last edited by a moderator:

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
both of your choices still haven`t won the European cup or for that World club championship as often as my home team has.....lol
to be fair Celtic were the first British club to win it, though only one Scottish team has two european trophies. and lets face it you can now win the european cup without being champions of your country, which makes a mockery of the "champions" league

Members online

Latest posts