What is your most PROUD packer moment (excluding SBs)

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought we could counter the pessimism of the other thread.

Since SB victories are too easy/obvious, try to come up w/ non-sb memoires.

1) Divisional playoff win at San Fran in the mid '90s

2) ~2002 dominating win at Patriots w/ all the defensive injuries

3) MNF vs. Vikings...the botched fg at the end of regulation, then Al Michaels saying "He did WHAT?!?" I must have watched ESPN news for 3 hours just to see the highlights 6 times!

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
EZ

Favre's third MVP. Very special.

Reggie signing with GB

As far as games go it might be the same as your's. After getting beat up in the playoffs by either Dallas or SF for what seemed like forever getting that first win against one of them was great, even though we lost to Dallas the next week. 1995 by the way.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My most recent prideful moment was last years second Bears game when we were decimated by injuries and would have probably been outmanned if we had everybody playing and moved the ball up and down the field.

Our "O" could have easily rolled over and said "no chance" with all the guys out but they actually ended up putting it to the Bears "D".

We didn't win but I was pretty proud of how we showed up in that game with 4th and 5th teamers against the #1 defense.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can't include Super Bowls then NFC Championships are the next best thing!

I also liked all of ravage's and would like to add Brett Favre's press conference announcing his addiction to vicodin. I thought it was one of the most courageous acts I've ever seen from a pro athlete. I'll never forget it! The Monday nighter against the Raiders, after Favre's dad died was one of the others.

spacecoastpkrfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta go along with Depack on the Oakland game. It was great how everyone stepped up in support of Brett's amazing game. Of course the 1967 Ice Bowl is right up there too, not just for the come from behind victory and the third consecutive championship, but for the fifty thousand plus fans who would brave -18 degree weather....my hat's off to those of you who were there !!

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tearded up in that OAK game and am not ashamed to admit it. That was bar none one of the most memorable games I've seen, especially with the Black Hole residents giving Brett a Standing O when they announced his name at the beginning of the game...priceless.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. SB 31/excluding but it is #1

2. NFC Title Game vs Carolina

3. Monday Night Football Game vs SF (Robert Brooks got hurt which was very sad but Jackies kick was priceless)

4. Favre's game is the Raiders after his Dad died

5. The *** whopping we put on Dallas in 1998 in Lambeau.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was pretty proud of the guys last year, how they never seemed to roll over and die. Until, I guess, that Baltimore debacle.

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
I tearded up in that OAK game and am not ashamed to admit it. That was bar none one of the most memorable games I've seen, especially with the Black Hole residents giving Brett a Standing O when they announced his name at the beginning of the game...priceless.
Raider fans get a lot of crap but they were true class that night. I'll never forget that part and I'll always have a soft spot for the "Black Hole" if not the team itself.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
I thought we could counter the pessimism of the other thread.

Since SB victories are too easy/obvious, try to come up w/ non-sb memoires.

1) Divisional playoff win at San Fran in the mid '90s

2) ~2002 dominating win at Patriots w/ all the defensive injuries

3) MNF vs. Vikings...the botched fg at the end of regulation, then Al Michaels saying "He did WHAT?!?" I must have watched ESPN news for 3 hours just to see the highlights 6 times!

I say the game that we beat Dallas in 97. Also the times we beat the queenies at the dome and at lambeau.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think also the Oakland game, it was a sad time for Brett and us fans, but then again Brett played awesome in that game, he couldnt do anything wrong...

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Monday Night Football game against the Vikings. "He did what?!" Freeman catching the winning TD in the rain.
I also enjoyed the win against the Cowboys at Lambeau in 1997 (I think) we beat them FINALLY!!!!!!!!!
The Week 16 - end of season in 2003. Favre amazing performance on MNF aginst OAK after his Dad passed, then the following week, seeing the Pack beat up on the broncos, and haveing the Vikings choke to get into the Playoffs, then beating the Seahawks in the playoffs in a memorable game. AL HARRIS!!!!!!

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greeting team at airport following playoff game in 1972, I was a little too young to appreciate the 1st 2 SuperBowl victories and this was my first experience with Packer success and the community reaction.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Majkowski and the "Cardiac Pack" willing their way to victories....and establishing the historic asterick game* for the Bears during the 1989 season.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I teared up the first time i saw Lambeau Field in person.
Also, seeing my first LIVE regular season victory, which was the 52-3 drubbing of the Saints last season was HUGE for me. I won 2 tickets for that game from our local Pick n' Save grocery store.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seems like we have a lot of young fans on here (myself included) since a lot of the memories are from the mid 90s and beyond...although I guess there weren't a hell of a lot of good memories through much of the 70s and 80s :)

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st.

The raider game was nice. It was like magic in the air. The way those receivers layed out for him that night, i'll never forget. He could have thrown every pass blindfolded and those guys would have made the catches.

2nd.

I dont remember what year it was, my best guess is around 1994. It was the last game of the season and we needed a win to get into the playoffs. It was 4th and goal from like the 8 yard line or something. Brett goes back to pass. Nobody is open. He rolls out to the righ, runs for the endzone and dives into the endzone before the tackler could get to him.

3rd.

Remember when Reggie White had injured his tricep and said he was gonna be out for the rest of the season, i beleive it was already the playoffs at that time. Next thing you know, Reggie woke up the next morning and said god healed his arm and he was gonna play.

4th.

The playoff game vs the Detroit Lions in 1994 or 1995 when we held Barry Sanders to like -3 yards on like 13 carries. I was proud of the DFENS that day.

5th.

The day we released Terell Buckley. "Too Short" killed us on defense for like 4 years. If we had someone good in his place, we might have had more superbowls in early/mid 90's. I knew we were gonna be good once he was gone. :)

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 2003 Wild Card playoff game. Packers v Seahawks @ Lambeau.

In OT Al Harris picks it off and runs for the game winning TD. I was jumping up and down in my living room screaming.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
The 2003 Wild Card playoff game. Packers v Seahawks @ Lambeau.

In OT Al Harris picks it off and runs for the game winning TD. I was jumping up and down in my living room screaming.

after what Matt GiveUsTheballBack had to say, it was great.

quicktrigga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My happiest recent Packer memory was actually a game that they weren't even playing...Anybody remember Josh McCown to Nate Poole? We switched to that game after the Ahman Green raced 98 yards...after Poole caught that pass, my heart raced 98 yards!! it was like the Hand of God!!!

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flapackfan... Your #2 was vs. the Falcons at County Stadium. Very classic early favre moment!

Also, you beat me to the punch on the Barry Sanders game...I think the lowest rush total of his career or something like that.

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have quite a few Packer moments.

One was when we finally beat the Cowboys to get to the SuperBowl.
Two was when we signed Reggie White.

And Three:

I was watching the Cards/Vikings game, I didnt care to watch the Packer game cause I knew they would beat the Broncos. 4th quarter, Vikings lead, with like a few seconds to go, I think to myself "it's over", my dad gets up and is right about to leave the room when the play goes off. McCown scramble for a few seconds and passes to the right corner of the endzone, I go "Oh no he's gonna land outta bound or miss the ball". So I close my eyes, only to open them right when he caught it and the Vikings player had pushed him out with one foot inbounds. I went crazy!!! I yelled to my dad to come back and he goes "What happened?" I told him to look at the replay. He went nuts, we cheered for what seemed to be hours, but was only 2 or 3 minutes. So then i changed to the Packer game and I saw everyone going crazy, cause they had just found out, the Packers were going to the Playoffs.

Oh and by the way, does anyone know of a place where I could see that catch? :D

Members online

Latest posts