What is your Favorite Packer Moment of all time?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to choose Clay Mathews and Ryan Picket'***** on Rashard Mendenhall (had to look him up though I remember him) to create a HUGE fumble that Desmond Bishop deftly picked up. btw I am hoping our Kris Barnes comes through like Bishop did. The situations are similar imho
Wow. The bleeped word was "hit."
It is time.
Think clay said spill it

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to go with the one that made BOTH 'Top 10' DVD sets and the only game Mark Murphy was a part of as a player. The Monday Night Game against the Redskins in '83. It was the first time I knew my Packers had a snowballs chance in **** of winning a championship because we beat the Superbowl Champs.
Loved that game, or what I got to see of it. Had to be in bed for school the next day but I remember my mom writing the score down on a piece of paper for me and placing it on the kitchen table so I would see it when I got up and ate breakfast.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Loved that game, or what I got to see of it. Had to be in bed for school the next day but I remember my mom writing the score down on a piece of paper for me and placing it on the kitchen table so I would see it when I got up and ate breakfast.
Wow..my dad did same

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Ahman Green ran a 80 yard touchdown against the Dallas Cowboys at Lambeau, and I WAS there to see it. I screamed him in and an American couple just sat laughing, amazed at my passionate reaction for a Brit. Those were the days when Favre was my hero. Times changed.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My mom told me the score

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
So did you actually see this or are you picking it because it is the most famous rather bland moment in NFL history?

I really can’t think of anything more boring in the NFL than oops I fell forward.

I am not saying it is not an iconic Packers and NFL moment but honestly the play is pretty much hohum
Read again please. Their was nothing boring or **-hum about that final DRIVE.
And yes, I saw it.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Right here - I watched the introductory news conference and knew this Wolf guy, was going to fix things:

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read again please. Their was nothing boring or **-hum about that final DRIVE.
And yes, I saw it.
My bad, I thought we were just talking about the sneak. That is cool that you saw it live as it was happening. This is why I was asking, being in the moment changes the entire view of a football game, the lead up, the drama, the excitement, the nail biting and then finally the glory.

my whole point was unless a person sees it live as it is happening, it would be incredibly hard to list that as a favorite moment because you did not experience the moment.

but you did so that is pretty awesome. I am a bit surprised that after living through the gory years that finally winning another super bowl would not take the prize but I can understand it

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My favorite moment had nothing to do with a game. I was 20 years old, had just got done working a 11 hour day pouring concrete to make forms for an underwater train tunnel.

Eating my dinner, watching the news at my grandparents house in West Allis and out of the blue the sports guy announced that Reggie White was coming to Green Bay, I don’t think I had ever been so shocked and ecstatic about something to do with Packer football

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
My bad, I thought we were just talking about the sneak. That is cool that you saw it live as it was happening. This is why I was asking, being in the moment changes the entire view of a football game, the lead up, the drama, the excitement, the nail biting and then finally the glory.

my whole point was unless a person sees it live as it is happening, it would be incredibly hard to list that as a favorite moment because you did not experience the moment.

but you did so that is pretty awesome. I am a bit surprised that after living through the gory years that finally winning another super bowl would not take the prize but I can understand it
The success of that final 68 yard which had to end with a TD seemed unlikely. The Packers I believe did not get any first downs in the 2nd half and if I remember correctly had accumulated negative yardage in the half. Coupled with the bitter cold and worsening field conditions it looked bleak, with only the fools like me believing that success was our birthright. I was 9 years old and didn't know better. Today, I'm still a fool that believes that we, in Packernation, deserve our destiny of being an elite NFL franchise.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The success of that final 68 yard which had to end with a TD seemed unlikely. The Packers I believe did not get any first downs in the 2nd half and if I remember correctly had accumulated negative yardage in the half. Coupled with the bitter cold and worsening field conditions it looked bleak, with only the fools like me believing that success was our birthright. I was 9 years old and didn't know better. Today, I'm still a fool that believes that we, in Packernation, deserve our destiny of being an elite NFL franchise.
Everything you say is right except...we didn't have to have a TD. And that makes the sneak even more amazing.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moment, not game, the quickest ones to my memory were:

Nick Collins interception return against the Steelers in the Super Bowl
Clay/Kevin Greene "it is time" play
Desmond Howard's kickoff return following the Patriots getting "close" in the SB.

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moment, not game, the quickest ones to my memory were:

Nick Collins interception return against the Steelers in the Super Bowl
Desmond Howard's kickoff return following the Patriots getting "close" in the SB.
Excellent choices. So many to choose from. This has been a great thread.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Right here - I watched the introductory news conference and knew this Wolf guy, was going to fix things:

Mine is an extension of Wolf, Holmgren, and what I saw as a successful 1992 season where I was exited for the future - signing Reggie White.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
...and actually Wolf's firing of Lindy made him god-like in my book - Lindy and his collection of cowboy boots... :roflmao:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't like some of the iconic moments that have been mentioned here, but for some reason this one stands out. It was 4th-and-8, with 46 seconds left on the clock, and Aaron Rodgers tossed a game winning touchdown pass to Randall Cobb to steal the NFC North title from the Chicago Bears. There was just something about Rodgers coming off injury and tearing the hearts out of Bears fans to make it to the playoffs. Just the reaction of the fans in the crowd was spectacular.
If I remember that play correctly, John Kuhn crossed over and completely took out Julius Peppers (the year before he became a Packer) who was coming to kill Rodgers. It was one of the best and most important pass-pro pickups that I've ever seen.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also one of my favorite moments of all time was the Don Majikowski instant replay game against the Bears. There was no time limit on replays, and it seemed at the time to take 15 minutes for them to get the call right. However, every replay got us more and more excited to finally beat the Bears.

Ahhh, the cardiac pack of 1989.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
If I remember that play correctly, John Kuhn crossed over and completely took out Julius Peppers (the year before he became a Packer) who was coming to kill Rodgers. It was one of the best and most important pass-pro pickups that I've ever seen.
That is correct sir!

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Number one is the Ice Bowl (I was just a kid, but I remember it well, especially that last drive).

Number two was Rodgers heave to Cobb on 4th and eight against da Bears.

Number three was Favre's unforgettable game against the Raiders after Irv passed.

Three great quarterbacks, three great moments. What other franchise can say that?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Number one is the Ice Bowl (I was just a kid, but I remember it well, especially that last drive).

Number two was Rodgers heave to Cobb on 4th and eight against da Bears.

Number three was Favre's unforgettable game against the Raiders after Irv passed.

Three great quarterbacks, three great moments. What other franchise can say that?

see the Raiders game after his father passing was first thing in my head but that was a game not a moment so didn’t say it. If this was a game discussion that is tops