What if we were picking first?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we were picking first who would you suggest we select?

Trading down would be obvious choice and the right one but let's skip the that one and debate who we would select at the top of the draft.

Reaction score
I say the 3 top guys defensively are Melvin Ingram, Morris Clayborne, and Luke Kuechly. In the packers case Melvin Ingram would make the biggest impact. The guy I'd want the most is Luke Kuechly. I just love this guy. He has produced so much in college at the ILB spot. Just a tackling machine. Him and Bishop would be a nice combo but since we got Hawk I'd have to go with Ingram. Can't go wrong with any of those 3 guys

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The Packers would be getting a bounty in return for the pick then. If they wanted it.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since trading down if forbidden in this scenario, I say that you draft for your biggest need which I agree has to be D-line. Then again, I wouldn't be against drafting Khalil to pair with Bulaga as the rocks protecting Aaron Rodgers' fragile concussion skull

Reaction score
Well, Ted would go for the obvious choice. He would pick the Best. Available. Player. He would choose RGIII or Luck no doubt. Luck/RG3 would be developed after a couple years and then you could basically trade for any player (On a team that needs a QB) or a number of first round picks.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ironically, if we didn't have TT we might just be picking 1st but since he came in and pulled our fat out of the frying pan we don't have to deal with it.
I hope everyone here is aware of how blessed we are for not being in torture after looking at the '05 roster, how depleted it really was, and, going thru an almost complete roster transition yet winning like we have.
Sherman let the roster get old, pathetically thin, and void of young upcoming talent. Somehow, TT and McCarthy made chicken salad out of that mess. There are teams like that from back then that still can't win five or six games a year. Look how long it took San Francisco to finally do something again.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Well, Ted would go for the obvious choice. He would pick the Best. Available. Player. He would choose RGIII or Luck no doubt. Luck/RG3 would be developed after a couple years and then you could basically trade for any player (On a team that needs a QB) or a number of first round picks.

He would take Luck over RG3.

Any smart franchise would.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
If we were picking first we would pick luck, because TT would not have been our GM and would not have picked a QB in 05 and we would desperately need one because our team would suck right now.

But staying within the fantasy guidelines set by the OP, TT would draft Luck and then immediately trade to the 5th overall pick for a 1st this year and a 1st next year, and he would snatch Ingram or whomever the BAP was on his board. Then he would trade the 1st and a 4th and move back into the 1st and snatch another game changer. and Bam!!!! we are back on the Superbowl express. 19-0 #1 Offense #1 Defense, the greatest team in history. Woo Hoo!!!

I like Fantasy's.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
If I am going OT I apologize.

But, I find it interesting that in this years batch of QBs that RG3 had the lowest of wonderlic scores. Of course these scores are sometimes meaningless, I just find it interesting.

Andrew Luck - 37
Ryan Lindley - 35
Ryan Tannehill - 34
Nick Foles - 29
Russell Wilson - 28
Brandon Weeden - 27
Kellen Moore - 26
Brock Osweiler - 25
Robert Griffin III - 24

One Aaron Rodgers did pretty well on this test himself. Scoring a 35. Brady is I think a 33. Eli is a suprising 39. (watch out for the quiet ones). Brees and Peyton a 28. Vince Young was a 6 I think.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But, I find it interesting that in this years batch of QBs that RG3 had the lowest of wonderlic scores. Of course these scores are sometimes meaningless, I just find it interesting.

Andrew Luck - 37
Ryan Lindley - 35
Ryan Tannehill - 34
Nick Foles - 29
Russell Wilson - 28
Brandon Weeden - 27
Kellen Moore - 26
Brock Osweiler - 25
Robert Griffin III - 24

One Aaron Rodgers did pretty well on this test himself. Scoring a 35. Brady is I think a 33. Eli is a suprising 39. (watch out for the quiet ones). Brees and Peyton a 28. Vince Young was a 6 I think.

Maurice Claiborne scored a 4 on the wonderlic which is the lowest score of all time. People say that someone who scores that low is illiterate.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Maurice Claiborne scored a 4 on the wonderlic which is the lowest score of all time. People say that someone who scores that low is illiterate.

I think he has a learning disability.

I think QBs get more scrutinized with these tests. Rodgers for example is smart AND **** which is a lethal combination. Luck had to do decent IMO, dude went to Stanford. If he didn't score high I would have wondered why lol. Eli is the enigma. 39. Wow. I once read Eli did not even speak till he was 3 and a half and his first word was.....a full sentence.

I love the draft. This is gonna be fun, unless you are a Saints fan.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Andrew Luck - 37
Ryan Lindley - 35
Ryan Tannehill - 34
Nick Foles - 29
Russell Wilson - 28
Brandon Weeden - 27
Kellen Moore - 26
Brock Osweiler - 25
Robert Griffin III - 24

Try the wonderlic test for yourself: http://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228test.html

It's pretty easy stuff but, like all standardized tests, I think the it's of dubious value.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Isn't it fifty questions? -A person should be able to guess on every question and receive a higher score.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think it's timed as well.

I might try it sometime. Then again I don't want to score lesser then I hope lmao.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Andrew Luck - 37
Ryan Lindley - 35
Ryan Tannehill - 34
Nick Foles - 29
Russell Wilson - 28
Brandon Weeden - 27
Kellen Moore - 26
Brock Osweiler - 25
Robert Griffin III - 24

Matt Flynn doesn't take the the wonderlic, his intelligence is unmeasurable.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
10 is considered illiterate by the people who administer the test. A 4 should be a clear sign he never actually went to class in college.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Trent Richardson.
I'm not one to usually advocate for early RB picks but this would almost be impossible to pass up. I'm drooling thinking of what our offense would be like with a real franchise back. Unstoppable comes to mind.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not one to usually advocate for early RB picks but this would almost be impossible to pass up. I'm drooling thinking of what our offense would be like with a real franchise back. Unstoppable comes to mind.

Might be the best player in the draft. But like you said its drafting a running back in an era where you pass the majority of the time. Could be fun though. Run him down for 4 years then trade him.

SeminoleCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is an easy one. Assuming we have the first pick and the draft order after that is the same as it is right now. I would trade back with Indianapolis or Washington. Luck and RGIII are the type of players you trade an entire draft for, (think Ricky Williams), so we simply make that trade and get 5 or 6 more draft picks, and then at the #2 or #3 spot I would take Matt Kalil or Morris Claiborne

Members online

Latest posts