What If They Moved...

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alot of discussion around the current affairs of the Packers. Rightfully so. With that said, I wanted to change gears a bit. The Chargers left San Diego. The Rams have left a few cities. How would you react if the Packers left for somewhere else. Remain a fan? Follow the new team? Huge hypothetical that's likely not gonna happen. Curious.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't follow, I'd probably be done as a fan. Probably Casually follow some other games, decide who I wanted to win as I watched the flow of the game :) but i'd probably miss far more games than I'd watch.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I would stay a Packer fan. They would never move, but I could not just jump organizations. I live in New England and There is more of a chance of the Browns winning the Super Bowl next year than me cheering for the Patriots (Patriots fans are the worst fans of any sport). Could not be a bandwagon fan of another team.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If unicorns, fairies, dragons, the movie the great wall, Ted Thompson signing free agents, Zeus, Aphrodite, Poseidon, Gunter being able to cover NFL receivers, the US military being able to turn an aircraft carrier invisible, Tupac still being alive, Elvis still being alive, the 9/11 tragedy being orchestrated by the US government, the world being controlled by a secret organization that goes by the name of the illuminati and the Packers moving were actual real life possibilities I suppose I would still stay a Packers fan .

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alot of discussion around the current affairs of the Packers. Rightfully so. With that said, I wanted to change gears a bit. The Chargers left San Diego. The Rams have left a few cities. How would you react if the Packers left for somewhere else. Remain a fan? Follow the new team? Huge hypothetical that's likely not gonna happen. Curious.
I'd watch the Milwaukee Admirals.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If unicorns, fairies, dragons, the movie the great wall, Ted Thompson signing free agents, Zeus, Aphrodite, Poseidon, Gunter being able to cover NFL receivers, the US military being able to turn an aircraft carrier invisible, Tupac still being alive, Elvis still being alive, the 9/11 tragedy being orchestrated by the US government, the world being controlled by a secret organization that goes by the name of the illuminati and the Packers moving were actual real life possibilities I suppose I would still stay a Packers fan .
Now hold on just a second there cowboy.
I can accept the very real possibility of Tupac and Elvis still being alive. I bet there are.
But Ted signing a free agent?
Yeah, that is an impossible outcome.
The Packers would move first before Ted changes his stubborn old geezer ways.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd still be a fan though it wouldn't feel right.
Even though I've never been there, it would just feel really awkward not cheering or watching them play in any other home game than Green Bay and historic Lambeau Field.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would continue to cheer for them as long as they would move to a city with a domed stadium. Then I could go to the games and sit it a short sleeved short and enjoy the game at 70 degrees year round. What would be really cool is if they then switched it to tag instead tackle football. And then if they would change their name to something like "Sioux Falls Scary Guys" so we wouldn't offend anybody by having a name like "The Warriors"! Cuz the last thing I want to do is offend anyone....................ok breath deeply, they are not moving to another city, they are not moving to another city. Who the hell started this insanity?!?!

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the reasons I became a Packer fan almost 50 years ago was the unique aspect of playing in a small town as well as the loyalty of the fan base. Therefore, if they moved I'd be done...unless it was to Sheboygan.

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in MN, so watching an out of state team is nothing for me.

Chicago Packers? Ewww!

OK, here is a hypothetical, what if the Bears and Packers switch?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for me, it's not about being out of state or in state. i could move to Cambodia and I'd be a Packer fan every single day. But it would be different if the team moved. They wouldn't be the Packers, I don't care what the name says. They'd be some other cities packers and I wouldn't watch. I wouldn't care.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
If my Aunt Gladys grew balls, she could my Uncle Henry. Guess that won't happen but, if it does AND the Packers move... I'd be a fan of Gladys...not so much of the entity formerly known as the Packers. I'd toss in on the NFL...the game has become a mix of Arena and Madden anyway.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a native. But I've been to Lambeau 3 times. However if the team moved I probably would be done with the NFL all together. There would be nothing for me to follow or anything for me to hold close. I'm not a very passionate person, but Packers are probably the closest thing to me showing any emotions towards. To me Green Bay is what makes this team unique

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

If my Aunt Gladys grew balls, she could my Uncle Henry. Guess that won't happen but, if it does AND the Packers move... I'd be a fan of Gladys...not so much of the entity formerly known as the Packers. I'd toss in on the NFL...the game has become a mix of Arena and Madden anyway.

You have an aunt Gladys ???? :eek:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is a topic unworthy of discussion because it will never, ever happen. It's that simple.

Members online

Latest posts