What do you REALLY think Rodgers would garner in a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Limit to afc because if they face him worried revenge and knows all their tricks
How'd Rodgers do with revenge against the 49ers in the playoffs? The Packers would know how to defend Rodgers - just double/triple cover his #1 receiver and he'll still force throws to him, and also make sure to be ready for bombs on 3rd-and-1 and 4th-and-1.

Reaction score
The 49ers would be dangerous with Rodgers at the Helm. They are already good without him. It would almost certainly have to include a veteran Starter trade. SF is wiped out (except for 3-3rd Rounders) in this draft. It’s a bunch of later Day 3 selections and that won’t cut it.

The Raiders would be logical except for their Defense is not ideal at all. Aside from that they could deal their #7 and possibly a future high pick

Raiders have the cap flexibility and they are regional to Rodgers home turf. Plus @tynimiller would bounce through the roof having a #7, #15 to start the draft out! :cool:

Last edited:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless the FO concludes that the Packers have little or no chance to make it to a Super Bowl over the next 2-3 seasons, trading Rodgers within the NFC comes with a higher risk. Given the Packers young talent in addition to pick(s) obtained in a Rodgers trade, I doubt they would conclude their SB chances are nil. Therefore, I seriously doubt Gute would trade him to an NFC team. If he does, that would lead one to believe he doesn't think the roster is very good which comes back to denigrate his ability as GM.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The 49ers would be dangerous with Rodgers at the Helm. They are already good without him. It would almost certainly have to include a veteran Starter trade. SF is wiped out (except for 3-3rd Rounders) in this draft. It’s a bunch of later Day 3 selections and that won’t cut it.
Rodgers just said (yesterday) the only team he will not be traded to is.....the 49'ers lol.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only when you factor in the season when Favre was done. The prior season saw QB ratings in the 130 range give or take a couple for each game and 7TD's with zero INT's and 77% and 61% completion percentages. Would the season prior to that have been like that one, or the following year when age and injuries were really showing?

I think it was smart to move him out of the division at least. Rodgers had enough pressure on him that first year. Same as it will be for Love. I wouldn't trade him in the division and I would look for AFC first.
Favre was on fire with the Jets before his torn bicep muscle. Was putting up MVP performances

D

Deleted member 6794

I think it was smart to move him out of the division at least. Rodgers had enough pressure on him that first year. Same as it will be for Love. I wouldn't trade him in the division and I would look for AFC first.

I agree with other posters that if the Packers end up trading Rodgers they should send him to the highest bidder no matter what.

Unless the FO concludes that the Packers have little or no chance to make it to a Super Bowl over the next 2-3 seasons, trading Rodgers within the NFC comes with a higher risk. Given the Packers young talent in addition to pick(s) obtained in a Rodgers trade, I doubt they would conclude their SB chances are nil. Therefore, I seriously doubt Gute would trade him to an NFC team. If he does, that would lead one to believe he doesn't think the roster is very good which comes back to denigrate his ability as GM.

I seriously doubt the Packers would come anywhere close to being a legit Super Bowl contender within the next two or three seasons if they trade Rodgers.

Favre was on fire with the Jets before his torn bicep muscle. Was putting up MVP performances

Well, that explains your disdain for Rodgers as you seem to be a Favre fan who never got over the Packers moving on from him.

Favre led the league in interceptions during his season with the Jets and didn't have a 300-yard game either. He definitely didn't perform at an MVP level that year.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
...and largely replicated that his first season in Minnesota. I think Rodgers, like Favre, would re-blossom somewhere else for a short time, because in his mind "I'll show them" and then, early-onset rigor mortis will set in as it did in Favre's 2nd season in Minnesota. The adrenaline push somehow disconnects after he proves them all wrong.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But if the Packers FO has truly decided trading Rodgers is their best option ( must have a lot of faith in Love) then why should they limit themselves to the AFC ? Thus decreasing Rodgers value as you say and I agree would be the case if they did this.

Ultimately it may not matter as Im fairly certain that if Rodgers is truly available. The Raiders, Jets, and Dolphins will be among the teams willing to go all in to obtain a legitimate shot at a SB over the next few seasons

I think youre right Titans and Colts are out, they dont have the talent on the roster I think Rodgers would feel was the right situation
I was reading a post on another forum where there are subforums for all of the teams and Jets fans are saying their team needs a lot more than just a QB to get to the next level. If this is indeed true I don't know if Rodgers would all that wild about going over there if the Packers decide to move on with Love this year.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Raiders would be logical except for their Defense is not ideal at all. Aside from that they could deal their #7 and possibly a future high pick

Raiders have the cap flexibility and they are regional to Rodgers home turf. Plus @tynimiller would bounce through the roof having a #7, #15 to start the draft out! :cool:
Yes, the 9ers would be great with Rodgers but what would we get in return dealing with them?? SF doesn't have a pick in this year's draft until the 3rd round. If Packers' management is ready to move on with Love I would hope we'd get a better deal than that for #12.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was reading a post on another forum where there are subforums for all of the teams and Jets fans are saying their team needs a lot more than just a QB to get to the next level. If this is indeed true I don't know if Rodgers would all that wild about going over there if the Packers decide to move on with Love this year.

Id agree with that assessment, I dont think the Jets are that good. But others apparently do, not sure if Rodgers is amongst that group.

In reality any team thats decent could be elevated to a SB contender by a FHOF qb especially if he's correct in his belief he can still play at an MVP level. I believe he's correct

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Id agree with that assessment, I dont think the Jets are that good. But others apparently do, not sure if Rodgers is amongst that group.

In reality any team thats decent could be elevated to a SB contender by a FHOF qb especially if he's correct in his belief he can still play at an MVP level. I believe he's correct
I know most fans want to move on but if AR can still play at an MVP level and wants to continue playing I have a feeling he isn't going anywhere.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I know most fans want to move on but if AR can still play at an MVP level and wants to continue playing I have a feeling he isn't going anywhere.
If I was placing odds on things, I would put them at:

1. 10% he retires
2. 40% he plays for the Packers
3. 25% the Packers decide to trade him.
4. 25% he asks the Packers to trade him.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
we haven’t been to the SB in 12 years while he had really good wr and he was mvp level. Why will it change now with less talent?

So trade Love and start all over with a rookie qb.
makes no sense to me and few others

D

Deleted member 6794

...and largely replicated that his first season in Minnesota. I think Rodgers, like Favre, would re-blossom somewhere else for a short time, because in his mind "I'll show them" and then, early-onset rigor mortis will set in as it did in Favre's 2nd season in Minnesota.

Just to clarify, Favre played at an MVP level with the Vikings in 2009. He definitely didn't with the Jets the previous season though.

Taking a look at the Jets roster I think they could be a legit contender with improved QB play.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Jets defense was insane, if their offense had simply scored like 21 points a game they’d won something like 13 games or so if I am remembering correctly.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That Jets defense was insane, if their offense had simply scored like 21 points a game they’d won something like 13 games or so if I am remembering correctly.
I don't follow the Jets a whole lot, but like you, Captain and a few others are saying, out of all the teams that have reported interest in Rodgers, I think he elevates the Jets the most. I don't really care where he goes, as long as the Packers take the "best deal" and stop worrying about "we don't want to have to face him." I would love seeing him go to the Raiders and get to face him in LV this coming season.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would try to get a top 15 pick this year, a 2nd this year and a 6th.

If that one isn't a top 15, then I need this year's 1 next year's 1 and this year's 6th.

Reaction score
There’s no question about it, the Jets would be an instant contender with #12 at the helm. They are probably in the top 3 logical franchise options. Although they are not fiscally sound, they could play some monetary shell games for a couple seasons to make it work.
I have no idea if Rodgers would be open to East Coast. However we’re only talking about 2-3 seasons etc. that goes by very fast, it’s not like he’d have to permanent resettle or pull kids out of school etc. it’s doable. His success odds would be the highest of the logical choices left imo. If The Offense rolled I could see a top 5 Defense, top 10 Offense.

The Jets would likely get him with a #13 overall and their #44.
Plus a possible conditional future Day 3 or swap of rounds in 2024 etc
(IF #12 doesn’t hang up his cleats)

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Another reason that I think Rodgers makes sense for the Jets, I don't think they are ready to give up on Zach Wilson just yet. They spent the #2 pick in the 2021 draft on him and maybe a few years working behind Rodgers will be exactly what he needs.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers’s Indecisiveness Could ‘Complicate’ Trade Talks, per Report

Really a no brainer, but something to keep in mind, if and when the trade happens. It is hard enough to get too serious about trading a guy, that hasn't decided if he's retiring or not. Even worse for the Packers, this is Rodgers 3rd straight year of waffling on his own future, which no doubt will play heavy in the minds of any potential trade suitor. Just how much is that team going to want to give up in draft capital, players and cap space, for a guy that may be one and done?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless of whose "side" one may find themselves on in the Days of Our Aaron Rodgers Lives...it is very true that he has for three years now verbally confirmed he has or is debating retirement.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Regardless of whose "side" one may find themselves on in the Days of Our Aaron Rodgers Lives...it is very true that he has for three years now verbally confirmed he has or is debating retirement.
Ultimately, I want what is best for the team and if that means another "1 to how many years with Rodgers", great, let's do it. That said, I am not overly confident that keeping him, is the long term smart move for the organization. The cap situation has been getting worse, his trade value is plummeting and they are coming off an 8-9 season. Sometimes I feel like I am following "The Aaron Rodgers Packers". Love what he can do on the field, but I kind of look forward to the day, when most of the conversation centers around the team and not the 1 guy that seems to be steering it over the last 4+ years.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, anybody that doesn’t already know seasons are limited and could end at any moment for a QB approaching 40 is not quite equipped to be a NFL GM :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts