What do you REALLY think Rodgers would garner in a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I heard, Favre might even sue AT &T for not including a message of "Caution: Objects appearing in this dick pic text may be much smaller than they appear to be."
Yes
Some call it a “rear view mirror” warning
I call it more often a “Rear End view”warning!

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Bakh isn't going in this trade since we restructured him.
Think you are correct, although its plausible to still trade him. They might not be able to clear enough cap space though to trade both him and Rodgers?

Last edited:

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it’s off Packers topic but trade talk anyway, Bears cleaned up with that #1. Wow.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it’s off Packers topic but trade talk anyway, Bears cleaned up with that #1. Wow.

As expected honestly. It was a smart trade by them. That WR is actually a tough guard now with Mooney/Moore/Claypool

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
"Paid off" for the Bears to lose those meaningless games at the end of the season. As well as getting lucky, the Texans were stupid enough to win their final game. I bet that final win, really carries theTexans into the 2023 season with a ton of momentum. :rolleyes:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If what I am reading is true and The Rams are open to trading Stafford, I wonder if the Jets are rethinking things. Stafford has some longterm injury questions, but if his arm and head clear medical, might be an option the Jets look at. Especially, the longer Rodgers drags his heels.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If what I am reading is true and The Rams are open to trading Stafford, I wonder if the Jets are rethinking things. Stafford has some longterm injury questions, but if his arm and head clear medical, might be an option the Jets look at. Especially, the longer Rodgers drags his heels.
Think about it. They hired Hackett. They have the opportunity to get an exceptionally intelligent, durable vet in ARod. You really think they’d consider Stafford over him? Don’t overthink bud.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Think about it. They hired Hackett. They have the opportunity to get an exceptionally intelligent, durable vet in ARod. You really think they’d consider Stafford over him? Don’t overthink bud.
They would if ARod doesn't want to play for them or spins his wheels too long deciding what he wants. Stafford just won a SB with the Rams, he's a better QB than what many people think. As i said, I'd just be concerned about his arm and head.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They would if ARod doesn't want to play for them or spins his wheels too long deciding what he wants. Stafford just won a SB with the Rams, he's a better QB than what many people think. As i said, I'd just be concerned about his arm and head.
Where there’s smoke there’s fire dude. If he didn’t want to play there, it would be known by now.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I've always liked Stafford. Was it vs the Bengals? He tore out his shoulder? But went back in and threw a td to win?
He has grit.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Where there’s smoke there’s fire dude. If he didn’t want to play there, it would be known by now.
Yet he supposedly is still undecided. I believe him when he told AJ, Pat M and his listeners a few weeks ago, that retirement is a real option for him. If the reports were true, that he wanted another year in GB and they said "no", then him having to rethink things, seems plausible.

Another reason this process should have been done weeks ago. Just like the play clock, Rodgers likes to run it down to zero hour, as everyone waits.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yet he supposedly is still undecided. I believe him when he told AJ, Pat M and his listeners a few weeks ago, that retirement is a real option for him. If the reports were true, that he wanted another year in GB and they said "no", then him having to rethink things, seems plausible.

Another reason this process should have been done weeks ago. Just like the play clock, Rodgers likes to run it down to zero hour, as everyone waits.
Maybe after the darkness, he just is done with the packer way? Draft and develop.

He hasn't said a word. Could be he didn't want to say I'm done as a packer..

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Really interesting post by Bahk on his twitter feed.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the more I look at the Bahk restructure, the more I am convinced that the Packers couldn't trade him right now. His dead cap hit, if OTC is up to date, would be a bit over $38M. It would be almost impossible for the Packers to absorb both his and Rodgers dead cap hits simultaneously. Then after doing all the gymnastics in my head, I see this article...LOL

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the more I look at the Bahk restructure, the more I am convinced that the Packers couldn't trade him right now. His dead cap hit, if OTC is up to date, would be a bit over $38M. It would be almost impossible for the Packers to absorb both his and Rodgers dead cap hits simultaneously. Then after doing all the gymnastics in my head, I see this article...LOL

I posted that..2023 hard to trade. It next year?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I posted that..2023 hard to trade. It next year?
Depends on how he plays in 2023. If traded in 2024, He would cost his new team $21.4 M and the Packers would have a dead cap hit just north of $19M. If released, same dead cap hit for Packers. If retained and no restructure, a cap hit of $40.465 M....now THAT, I don't see happening.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers front office has completely sabotaged the value they will get in trade due to their constant chirping about wanting Rodgers gone and turning to Love to take over. They should all be fired and let a new regime take over. Mark Murphy didn't even bother to leak it--he said it himself. The man needs to be fired.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Packers front office has completely sabotaged the value they will get in trade due to their constant chirping about wanting Rodgers gone and turning to Love to take over. They should all be fired and let a new regime take over. Mark Murphy didn't even bother to leak it--he said it himself. The man needs to be fired.
While some of that might be the media and fans like us pumping it up, I think the cat was out of the bag already. Even if it wasn't, Rodgers history speaks for itself. Given that history, if the Packers were suddenly contacting teams or acting interested in a trade, I think it would be pretty hard to hide it.

Rodgers value is being negatively affected by several things:

- His history
- His age
- His history
- His 2022 season
- His history
- Number of teams thinking he is the right fit to elevate them to a SB.
- His history
- His salary
- His history

If you want to fault Gute and Murphy, I would point to not taking this step last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.