What concerns you the most about the Giants?

Which one area concerns you the most vs the Giants

• Total voters

RustyShackleford

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couple things:

1) Interceptions: The packers need at least one. If they don't get any, I'm not sure that they can keep the Giants under 35 points. That's a lot of pressure to put on Rodgers and the offense.

which brings me to:

2) Drops: I trust the line to protect Rodgers. I trust the receivers to get open. I trust Rodgers to deliver the ball accurately. I don't quite trust the receivers to catch them. A couple key drops on 3rd down could prevent the Packers from overcoming #1.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the AJ Hawk hate is about 3 seasons old.
I didn't think he was bad last year. What I hate is watching him give up huge plays while Smith and Francois who are more than capable of pass coverage are sitting on the bench so he can call the damn plays.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not only why we lost to K.C., we failed to create a ground game.

If something worries me, it's the running game. So far in the playoffs no team has won a game with under 100 rushing yards, and that's what you expect. It may be a passing league, but the ground game still matters. If we had some great running in the K.C. game, we wouldn't have had to ask Rodgers to keep throwing it when there were various dropped balls and bad protection. Running the ball chews up the clock too.

Watching the Lions lose to the Saints, they barely had 32 total rushing yards. I know Stafford is a good QB, but he didn't have no help from the other factor of the offense. The Bengals also struggled to run the ball, and even though they got 76 yards rushing which is better than the Lions, they just abandoned the run and went heavy pass early in the game when it was close, and that's a big reason they lost. And the Falcons are another one that struggled to run the ball in th playoffs with just 64 total rushing yards (even though I think everyone is over reacting, Atlanta was not all that great a team to begin with.)

The teams that win this weekend will more than likely have over 100 yard rushing, I'm about 87% positive on that factor of the offense.
That's what I think to.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's pretty obvious that the Giants D line versus our O line is the big battler here.

I like that our guys are finally healthy...though just how sharp Clifton will be is something that concerns me. Honeslty it's been so long since they've all played together I think chemistry might also be an issue.

Bottlom line is it's going to be MM's job to come up with a good game plan that minimizes the impact of the Giant excellent D line.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Whether or not Eli will take Brees' place at the Pro Bowl.

Rodgers will be going to Indy so he can't go and Brees won't be interested, so without Eli to start the NFC might have to hire the first alternate...

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couple things:

1) Interceptions: The packers need at least one. If they don't get any, I'm not sure that they can keep the Giants under 35 points. That's a lot of pressure to put on Rodgers and the offense.

which brings me to:

2) Drops: I trust the line to protect Rodgers. I trust the receivers to get open. I trust Rodgers to deliver the ball accurately. I don't quite trust the receivers to catch them. A couple key drops on 3rd down could prevent the Packers from overcoming #1.

The dropsies is a good point Rusty. Aaron will deliver the ball where/when he needs to, just depends on if the guys are catching them that day...I would guess cold weather plays a role there.

Rusty did you used to be on Scout?

GiantsWorld

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the Pack, the key is protecting Rodgers. BUT if they are struggling early to do this, I see them neutralizing the pass rush with quick slants and screens.
For the Gmen, the key is the pass rush, plain and simple. Giants will score a bucket of points, but can they stop the Packers from doing the same?
Also, hopefully the refs call a better game. The regular season game went completely towads the Packers. I swear I saw the refs doing the discount double check.

Gmcman22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm most worried about a slow start after a few weeks off. If the offense isn't sharp anything can happen.

When the offense is clicking, I don't think there is a team in the NFL that can beat the Packers... and that certainly includes the Giants.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
For one the run game; remember this....

When we lost to Atlanta last year in the regular season, I seen many people say the fumble at the goalline from A-Rod cost us that game. Keep in mind, statistically, Rodgers was THE leading rusher in that game. We'd have a short pass lead to a 2nd and 1 situation, try to run the ball, get stopped lead to a 3rd and 4 situation which is pass heavy. Come to think of it, a great number of our losses last year we had a terrible run game and Rodgers was having to do too much. Take that loss to Detroit for example. Now, I KNOW, Rodgers got hurt early in the game, but when the game was over, Rodgers was the leading rusher with a scramble or two.

I know everyone loves to think it's all about the quarterback and whatever, but the run game is going to be extremely important. It don't matter if you have Brady or Rodgers, if you fail to run the ball in the playoffs and put all the pressure on your quarterback to do all the work, it's going to get tough. I don't doubt Rodgers, he's one of the best in the league, but it would make his life much easier if Grant and Starks put 100 rushing yards on the board together, ground and pound it, shred them to pieces...Even though we have the best receiving corps in the league, I'd rather play it safe on the ground and in the air.

Remember Dan Marino's playoff career....With the exception of a few games, Marino barely had any help of a running game to help him out. He would put up damn good numbers for a QB in the old school era, and still lose because his team only had 20-40 rushing yards, and the other team went to town carving them up for over a hundred. Good example is the Dolphins/Chargers game from 1994. Chargers one by 1 point, and Marino played one of his best games ever, but failed to win while the Chargers had over 150 rushing yards, his Dolphins only had 30.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What would worry me if Im a packer fan is the 3 week layoff and the fact that the giants are the more physical team on both sides of the ball.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
What would worry me if Im a packer fan is the 3 week layoff and the fact that the giants are the more physical team on both sides of the ball.

Yeah. Everybody told us to be worried because the Packers didn't hold any lockout workouts. I don't think this team has a problem with "clicking" when they are together.

Hype

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not having Quarless in this game....

very underrated player and blocker...his presence will be missed on sunday

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Getting gashed for big runs. If we can slow down Jacobs and Bradshaw, I think we'll have an easier time winning

12theTruth

I voted stopping the run as most important. If the Pack can stop the run then they make Eli more one dimensional and more likely to hand us a few turnovers. :) I'm not worried about dropped passes too much. Finley looked pretty good against the Lions and his drops were the ones that drove me the most crazy.

I'm not nearly as confident as most on here about our offense scoring lots of points. May the best team win. I sincerely hope its the Pack! :)

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing really, it's the winner of the Saints/Niners game coming to Lambeau next weekend that concerns me more. .
It's funny: I think the Giants are the toughest physical (offense and defense, experience and confidence) matchup for us, NO & SF & NE included. I am more worried about this game for many reasons.

Of course, next week I'll be evern more worried, LOL.
I hope.....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Question, was your LT back for the KC game?

Someone replied that Cliffy wasnt there..

Wanted to let you know in case you didnt see/read it

This will be the 1st game since WEEK THREE that we have our preferred OL starting

While our back up was okay in the KC game, he was the weak link and IIRC his men were the ones that pressured Rodgers the most..

He did get a lot better as season went on..In fact I think in an interview just this past week, Rodgers really gave him a ringing endorsement...So it is good to know that if for what ever reason that Cliffy has issue, or re injures himself, our back up can handle it.

I "think" he started and played entire game in our 1st game

NwkEffectElement

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get concerned about Coughlin complaining the Refs again. One of the things the KC coach did was get in the ear of the refs before the game started. After what happened in NY, I expect the Giants to work the refs early.

I'm just happy at least one Packer fan is objective about what went on in the first matchup in the regular season. The refs in the first had to receive two paychecks. We can only hope, for the integrity of the game at least, that it is a fairly officiated ball game.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny: I think the Giants are the toughest physical (offense and defense, experience and confidence) matchup for us, NO & SF & NE included. I am more worried about this game for many reasons.

Of course, next week I'll be evern more worried, LOL.
I hope.....

I agree with this. Screw NO, I don't see them as better than the Giants really. Yes they have a monster offense, but there's no way their defense is par with the Giants. And Eli and the Giants offense are in much better shape than before. If we can beat the Giants I think we can beat anybody. That's why I don't care about SF or NO right now. It's the Giants baby. That's who we have to beat.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts