What concerns you the most about the Giants?

Which one area concerns you the most vs the Giants

• Total voters

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone replied that Cliffy wasnt there..

Wanted to let you know in case you didnt see/read it

This will be the 1st game since WEEK THREE that we have our preferred OL starting

While our back up was okay in the KC game, he was the weak link and IIRC his men were the ones that pressured Rodgers the most..

He did get a lot better as season went on..In fact I think in an interview just this past week, Rodgers really gave him a ringing endorsement...So it is good to know that if for what ever reason that Cliffy has issue, or re injures himself, our back up can handle it.

I "think" he started and played entire game in our 1st game

Newhouse was Clifton's replacement and he gave up 11.5 sacks in 13 games, far and away the most of any Packer OL. Getting back Clifton is major.

Newhouse did play very well against Julius Peppers week 16 however, which was nice to see. Allowed him no sacks.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
It's funny: I think the Giants are the toughest physical (offense and defense, experience and confidence) matchup for us, NO & SF & NE included. I am more worried about this game for many reasons.

Of course, next week I'll be evern more worried, LOL.
I hope.....
You may be right but I realize that we've talked this subject to death and there's not really anything else to be gained by discussion so time to revert to confidence in our team and some friendly smack talk amongst rivals.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Newhouse was Clifton's replacement and he gave up 11.5 sacks in 13 games, far and away the most of any Packer OL. Getting back Clifton is major.

Newhouse did play very well against Julius Peppers week 16 however, which was nice to see. Allowed him no sacks.

http://www.totalpackers.com/2011/12/28/rodgers-appears-to-prefer-newhouse-over-clifton/

Newhouse has had his ups and downs this season, but he’s improved as the season has progressed.

Rodgers quote

That being said, whoever is in there at left tackle, there will be a lot of confidence. Again, I thought Marshall played his butt off on Sunday against the Bears and I’m not surprised. It’s not a performance that surprised me when he goes out there and plays the way he does.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Very interesting. I was wondering about this myself. I mean Marhsall Newhouse has been put in the most difficult position imaginable for a young and inexperienced LT because he's had to go against the likes of Jared Allen twice, Julius Peppers twice, not to mention Hali and JPP. We're talking the best pass rushers in the NFL. That's a real trial by fire. It could be that his last performance against Peppers was an indication of how much he improved. I don't remember how well he did against the Lions in the last game, but Flynn was not pressured that much so he must have done a decent job.

A real dilemma this one.

whakka

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i am a giants fan, but if i put my self in a packers fans' shoes, the one thing i would be concerned with the most would be that pass rush. the giants d-line is just relentless, and to chip a te here and there just means less to cover in the secondary. and in at close second is that if jacobs gets a lot of carries, he can really wear on a defense.

as a giants fan, the worst thing i can think of is letting the packers get more than a possession ahead. to play from behind means lots of passing, and that means an increased chance of ints. which the packers are very good at. we all know the stats for the packers once they force a turnover. i think the giants can play with the packers, but not if they give the ball up. basically the giants need a perfect game to win this. tds, not field goals. no ints. win turnover battle. control line on both sides of the ball. lead with jacobs, finish with bradshaw. keep running and keep rodgas off the field.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not having Quarless in this game....

very underrated player and blocker...his presence will be missed on sunday
Andrew, is that you? Stop blogging and start rehabbing your knee. You have a long road ahead to play for the Pack again...

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes, as long as Kuhn is there to assist him, Newhouse does very well...

CoachBo

Told Lombardi he was Ernest Borgnine at age 5
Reaction score
If I'm holding the playsheet, I come out and try to establish the run early, and I have a bunch of three-step stuff in the passing game scripted in off of that.

Defensively, I don't think Manning handles pressure well, so I'm attacking him early and often from every direction.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Newhouse did play well towards the end, but also Peppers went into his 'don't give a ****' mode of play. What an a$s-hat. Contrast that with Allen who nearly set the sack record for the pathetic Vikings.

Anywho, I think we are seeing the last of Cliffy. With a full off-season, Newhouse can be every bit as effective and far more reliable than Clifton can be expected to be. Clifton gives us very little in the way of run blocking, so that should be interesting to see what our run game can become.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i am a giants fan, but if i put my self in a packers fans' shoes, the one thing i would be concerned with the most would be that pass rush. the giants d-line is just relentless, and to chip a te here and there just means less to cover in the secondary. and in at close second is that if jacobs gets a lot of carries, he can really wear on a defense.

as a giants fan, the worst thing i can think of is letting the packers get more than a possession ahead. to play from behind means lots of passing, and that means an increased chance of ints. which the packers are very good at. we all know the stats for the packers once they force a turnover. i think the giants can play with the packers, but not if they give the ball up. basically the giants need a perfect game to win this. tds, not field goals. no ints. win turnover battle. control line on both sides of the ball. lead with jacobs, finish with bradshaw. keep running and keep rodgas off the field.
Jeez how is Jimmy Graham (Saints #80 in that middle GIF) still even able to walk after that hit?
Jeez.... must be nice to be 24 years old.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I think New gave up 3 sacks vs KC...if true thats 8.5 in 12 games, not good, but less then .5 per game

Reaction score
If I'm holding the playsheet, I come out and try to establish the run early, and I have a bunch of three-step stuff in the passing game scripted in off of that.

Defensively, I don't think Manning handles pressure well, so I'm attacking him early and often from every direction.
I think you even blitz Woodson or even Burnett once in a blue moon. I really think Clay is going to have a big game tomorrow. He gave Eli fits in New York and I anticipate the same in Lambeau.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I'm nervous. Confident but nervous.

This game is starting to feel like a title game or Super Bowl to me now. The pressure seems that on. I honestly kinda think this is the toughest game the Packers can play this postseason. Yes tougher then the Niners. Or Saints. Or Pats or Ravens. This feels tough.

Green Bay has to bring it's A game and hope for some Lady Luck if they mess up at times.

Reaction score
The Packers just need to go out and play. Forget about the talk all week, don't worry about next week. Worry about 60 minutes against the Giants. Don't worry about what happened in 2008 since more than half of the current squad wasn't even on the team when that happened. I don't think they'll be nervous. They have already won the most nerve wracking game of them all last February. The last time I saw an angry and determined Packers team was against the Raiders where they just obliterated them by halftime. I expect to see a rested but irritable and irritated determined Packers team in about 11 1/2 hours.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense period. I fear we won't get a pass rush, which will lead to long gainers like we have seen all season. We need to pressure Manning. That's the key to me.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MY ANSWER was their great WRs.
I win so far.

Factor our HORRIBLE safety PEPRAH and no pass rush, and that's why you worry about HAKEEM NICKS and VICTOR CRUZ.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have thought this before and i will say it again. Hakeem nicks is >>> cruz. he is a boss. He will win the giants thsi game

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts