What are some great all time packer quotes?

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course this is my favorite...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocV5bGHdYag]Vince Lombardi What the Hell's Going on? - YouTube[/ame]

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something Woodson said last year really sticks out at me. It was during the playoffs when we were waiting to see who the Packers would play in the NFC championship game. To paraphrase, Woodson said: It doesn't matter.... The Pack is coming. It was then I just had this feeling they were gonna not only go to the SB, but win it. Woodson just had this confidence, this look in his eyes, the aura he projected was just electric. I got this feeling that the whole team had that same energy, vibrating with the same aura, the same intensity. In that moment, the gauntlet was thrown and went unanswered by the Bears and the Steelers.

"The Pack is coming" shall be my mantra this year. Or if you say it my way... The Pack cometh...

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Well, Lombardi's most famous quip:
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.

And my personal favorite of his many quotations:
We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
One of my favorite quotes about Lombardi was uttered by 'ole number 74, the GREAT defensive tackle and HOFer, Henry Jordan. When asked about Lombardi he said, "He's fair. He treats us all the same... like dogs."

Jordan said that because of how hard Lombardi worked the players and a couple of Lombardi quotes explain why Vince was so ******* them: "Fatigue makes cowards of us all", and "The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender".

I've used my favorite quote from Lombardi in my signature here. It's special to me for two reasons, the first is the context of the quote: When Lombardi came to Green Bay, the Packers were the worst team in the NFL and had been (or close to it) for the past decade. Other teams used to threaten players by telling them they better shape up or they'll be sent to Green Bay. On the first day of camp Lombardi says the following in the first meeting he has with the QBs:

"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."

Of course Packers fans at the time would have been elated if the team were "just good" but Lombardi knew better and aimed much higher. The other reason I like this quote is its application to all aspects of life. After that meeting Bart Starr called his wife and excitedly told her, "Honey, we’re going to start to win. The guy talked about perfection!"

Sirscorps

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T/Greg Koch to Chicago's All Pro NT/Dan Hampton- "You're a big wuss & I could drink you under the table." (1985-1986 leading up to the weeks game.).

Those games in 1985-87were the most intense i've ever seen. Gregg & Dikta were 2 huge ego-manics who hated each other & would even trades barbs throughout GB/CHI week. Fun times. I don't think i've heard any teams trash talk as much as those teams did, during the Gregg era.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Lombardi's most famous quip:
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.

And my personal favorite of his many quotations:
We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.

It was actually Henry Russell Sanders (UCLA football coach) that originally came up with the "winning isn't everything, it's the only thing" quote.

I could be wrong but I also remember in watching Lombardi on HBO that he wished he would have never focused so much on winning because it's how hard you try and your character that matters more.

Of course there are people who repeatedly try and fail and probably should just stop trying altogether :laughing:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"What the hell's goin on out here?!" -Vince Lombardi

"What team are we playin again?" -Max McGee

"Hey Jim I wonder if I'd get electrocuted if I stuck this microphone in the Budweiser..." -Max McGee

"They just administered smelling salts to Chuck Cecil on the Packers bench..." - Jim Irwin

"World Champion Green Bay Packers!" -Jim Irwin

Frozencheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like Vince Lombardi quotes and stuff. Sorry, If this questions already been posted.

My favorite quote: "The Packers are kinda like your kids. You dont love them because they are good, you love them because they are yours" - random packer fan in front of Lambeau Field

Members online

Latest posts