1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Wells leaves packers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Mar 13, 2012.

1. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +2,952
    All this just my opinion: Wells and Clifton the only decent OL? I disagree. Sitton is an above average OG and Lang is on his way to be. I also think Bulaga is above average at RT and likely to get better. Clifton was not close to decent last season and I wouldn’t depend upon him to be able to reprise his 2010 play. The biggest problem on the OL was LT where Newhouse has to get better. He may but that’s not a sure thing either. Sherrod’s injury will set him back going into this season – he may miss most of his first two offseasons of work. If Clifton doesn’t come back or does and isn’t any better than he ended the season and if Newhouse hasn’t improved, unfortunately I think the best course of action would be moving Bulaga to LT.

Obviously they’ll miss Wells if he leaves. He was the best OL last season and he’s very smart. But if he doesn’t realize the NFL is a business and won’t come back to the Packers because his feelings are hurt, then adios Scott. Wilde thinks he’s headed for Tennessee. Both he and his wife are from there and they own a house there. That would be the easiest relocation for his family and the Titans appear interested.

EDS is my guess of the player on the roster who could best play OC. He was better than I expected at OG last season but I don’t know how good he’d be at OC. I’m hoping for one of the UFA OCs and a rookie to vie for the spot along with EDS and Sampson Genus, a UDFA from last offseason who is listed only as an OC on the roster.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,064
    Clifton? I assumed he was retired.

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,064
    Bulaga, who I thought was terrible his rookie year, was the best offensive lineman last season. Im excited for his future.

4. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +175
    This is the one ray of hope I have that newhouse will become better considering last year was in a way his rookie year (altough Bulaga got a lot better in the playoffs his rookie year and we never saw this from Newhouse). Just get Wells or Myers and the line will be top 10 easily and the Offense will be set, altough a better blocking fullback or halfback would be nice as well.

5. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +387
    Nice catch- fixed it. Thanks.

6. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +387
    Hard to look good against that Giants pass rush...

7. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings:
    +364
    Watching Newhouse was painful this year, the man practically had an open-door policy direct to Rodgers.

8. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Like you I'm not sold on Newhouse especially at tackle. He gave up half the team sacks. I think playing inside is a better position for him. In his defense he did play better as time went on.

9. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    Isn't Newhouse really a guard anyway? Clifton may be slowing down, but he's certainly better than Newhouse. I also agree about Josh Sitton. He's one of the best RG's in the game IMO

10. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    Ivo, do you have any new info here? Is this still the case? I feel like if Wells had a deal in place, we'd have heard about it now. Not trying to be a douche, here. Just wondering if things have changed.

11. shield4life

shield4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    * We're having talks with Myers ...

12. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +2,952
    IMO Newhouse is an OT it’s just a question of how good a one he can become. He is listed only as a tackle on the roster and the Packers usually aren’t averse to listing players at T/G if they view them in that light. For example, Sherrod who IMO is clearly an OT is listed as a T/G.

Clifton was fantastic during the late season run into and throughout the playoffs in 2010, but he was removed for Newhouse in the playoff game vs. the Giants so the coaching staff didn’t view him as better than Newhouse then. Perhaps Clifton can further recover from injury and regain some of his old form, but I wouldn’t count on that and I hope the Packers don’t.

13. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    I think Clif is gone.

14. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,064
    I guess he just said he was leaving the packers. I thought he would have a deal to say that. No info that new though.

15. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    He was more painful to Derek Sherrod because that play where Sherrod's leg was snapped crack in 2 places was Newhouse's fault as it was the 20th time of the game Tamba Hali went right around Newhouse to the outside.

16. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I think Newhouse was projected as a guard coming out of college.

Here's the link: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1125978

17. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    • Like Like x 1
  18. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,802
    Surprised he isn't a Titan. Oh well. Good luck Wells. Maybe to him, winning isn't everything, I guess.

Only FA I thought we may pursue was Langford, but now maybe Myers really is a possibility.

• Like Like x 1
  19. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +465

Why them suckers always paying too much for our studs?

20. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    I don't think we know how much they paid him yet...

21. Big E

Big E Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +106
    Myers just re-signed with the Texans for 4 years, $25 million.

22. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    New thing is that the Titans want Jeff Saturday.

The Titans are building a great o line......if it was 5 years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  23. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
    Well good luck to him. Things are looking great for St. Louis if they draft right the next 3 years. We'll move on from here.

24. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,064
    Satele is my choice at the moment

25. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    Another player we let go that I predict that we will regret, just like Jenkins