1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Week 8: Which Packers are you starting?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Chicocheese, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    I think this week I am going to start Randall Cobb. I started him vs. the Colts and it paid off in fantasy. I didn't vs. the Rams and I wish I would have. I feel that Aaron, especially after last week, is going to be looking at Cobb more and it will pay off both in reality AND fantasy.

I am still on the fence about James Jones. He had a good game against the Rams, some big catches but no TDs. However, I just don't see Jax posing a big threat against our passing game and Jones might just benefit really, really well because of it. I guess that all depends on if Jennings is in or out thought.

My other WR options are Reggie Wayne, Josh Gordon, Malcolm Floyd and Santana Moss. In week 7 I started Santana Moss and I was VERY happy. However, I do not know how he will fare vs. Pittsburgh. If it just came to James Jones vs. Moss I would pick Jones. However, I also have Gordon and Floyd to think about. They both play each other...and between the two I think I would lean toward Gordon over Floyd because of Cleveland's defense.

Reggie Wayne is going up against the Titans I think. I think that, even though Luck isn't GREAT he and Wayne can pick them apart.

So, out of Cobb, J. Jones, Moss, Wayne, Gordon, and Floyd I am thinking this:

Cobb
    Wayne
    Jones

What would you do? Why?

Any insight and help will be very, very much appreciated!

2. MiamiBeachPacker

MiamiBeachPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +246
    Those are the three I would go with

3. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    YESSSSS perfect scenario played out tonight! The Vikings lose AND Adrian Peterson got me some sweet fantasy points! On to Sunday!

4. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213
    Good decision now knowing that Jordy is probably going to sit this one out

5. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    I will have to watch the morning show for sure to see if he is for sure playing or not. That will influence my decision heavily.

6. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213
    For my team's sake I hope he's playing

7. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +385
    I started Rodgers Jones Cobb Finley Crosby & the GB D. In our league I started Cobb & our D

8. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,011
    Didn't do very well there this week did you?

9. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +385
    no not too good. I got about 10 pts from Cobb,13 from Rodgers & 13 from the D