NFL 2023 weekly prediction contest: Week 8

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ALL are welcome to play along!!

Guess the score of each team of each game...
Each game you pick the correct winner of: 5 points
If you pick correctly on at least half the games scheduled for the week earns a 20 points bonus
If you pick correctly on at least 75% of the games earns a 40 point bonus (plus the previous 20 points)
If you get all but one of the games correct nets 100 bonus points (plus the 20 & 40 from above)
Guess right on all the games and enjoy a free 150 points (plus the previous 24, 40 & 100)
And ..... If you guess both the correct winner and score of any game: 125 bonus points tacked on for each correct game.
If you've got incredibly mad skills and happen to guess every correct score of every game: you get a mega jackpot of 5000 points.
Post your weekly results in the score thread.

16 games this week. A full slate.

I am OK with posting just the Thursday game and then replying to (not editing) it later in the week with the rest of the picks.

Thursday
Tampa Bay at Buffalo

Sunday
LA Raiders vs Buffalo Should be: LA Rams vs Dallas
Minnesota vs Green Bay
Atlanta vs Tennessee
New Orleans vs Indianapolis
New England vs Miami
NY Giants vs NY Jets
Jacksonville vs Pittsburgh
Philadelphia vs Washington
Houston vs Carolina
Cleveland vs Seattle
Kansas City vs Denver
Baltimore vs Arizona
Cincinnati vs San Francisco
Chicago vs LA Clippers Should be: Chicago vs LA Rams

Monday

Las Vegas vs Detroit

Would someone like to volunteer to post these for the next few weeks? We all need to chip in to do our part. Thanks!

My apologies for the errors on the two games. It's getting more difficult for me to follow things I need to transcribe as I get older. That's the main reason I would like someone to take this out of my hands. Thanks!

Last edited:

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If you pick correctly on at least half the games scheduled for the week earns a 20 points bonus
If you pick correctly on at least 75% of the games earns a 40 point bonus (plus the previous 20 points)
If you get all but one of the games correct nets 100 bonus points (plus the 20 & 40 from above)
Guess right on all the games and enjoy a free 150 points (plus the previous 24, 40 & 100)
And ..... If you guess both the correct winner and score of any game: 125 bonus points tacked on for each correct game.
If you've got incredibly mad skills and happen to guess every correct score of every game: you get a mega jackpot of 5000 points.

I am OK with posting just the Thursday game and then replying to (not editing) it later in the week with the rest of the picks.

Thursday
Tampa Bay at Buffalo

Sunday
LA Raiders vs Buffalo
Minnesota vs Green Bay
Atlanta vs Tennessee
New England vs Miami
NY Giants vs NY Jets
Houston vs Carolina
Cleveland vs Seattle
Kansas City vs Denver
Baltimore vs Arizona
Chicago vs LA Clippers

Monday
Las Vegas vs Detroit

Would someone like to volunteer to post these for the next few weeks? We all need to chip in to do our part. Thanks!
I can do it for a few weeks. Is there a way to replicate (template) all of that gobbledegook before the games list?
I'm a sh*tty (and lazy) typist.

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thursday
Tampa Bay at Buffalo

Sunday
LA Raiders vs Buffalo
Minnesota vs Green Bay
Atlanta vs Tennessee
New England vs Miami
NY Giants vs NY Jets
Houston vs Carolina
Cleveland vs Seattle
Kansas City vs Denver
Baltimore vs Arizona
Chicago vs LA Clippers

Monday
Las Vegas vs Detroit

ost: 1011136, member: 17953"]

Thursday
Tampa Bay at Buffalo

Sunday
LA Raiders vs Buffalo
Minnesota vs Green Bay
Atlanta vs Tennessee
New England vs Miami
NY Giants vs NY Jets
Houston vs Carolina
Cleveland vs Seattle
Kansas City vs Denver
Baltimore vs Arizona
Chicago vs LA Clippers

Monday
Las Vegas vs Detroit

[/QUOTE]

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thursday
Tampa Bay at Buffalo

Sunday
LA Raiders vs Buffalo
Minnesota vs Green Bay
Atlanta vs Tennessee
New England vs Miami
NY Giants vs NY Jets
Houston vs Carolina
Cleveland vs Seattle
Kansas City vs Denver
Baltimore vs Arizona
Chicago vs LA Clippers

Monday
Las Vegas vs Detroit

Bills 24 Bucs 17
Boys 31 Rams 17
Vikes 20 Pack 17
Titans 19 Falcons 17
Colts 27 Saints 20
Fins 27 Pats 23
Jets 20 Giants 13
Steelers 23 Jags 20
Eagles 31 Commies 17
Texans 24 Panthers 19
Hawks 27 Browns 20
Chiefs 31 Broncos 17
Ravens 27 Cards 17
9ers 23 Bengals 20
Bolts 31 Bears 23
Lions 34 Raiders 16

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thursday
Tampa Bay at Buffalo

Sunday
LA Raiders vs Buffalo
Minnesota vs Green Bay
Atlanta vs Tennessee
New England vs Miami
NY Giants vs NY Jets
Houston vs Carolina
Cleveland vs Seattle
Kansas City vs Denver
Baltimore vs Arizona
Chicago vs LA Clippers

Monday
Las Vegas vs Detroit

The first Sunday game should be the LA Rams at Dallas, I believe.

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bills 24 Bucs 17
Boys 31 Rams 17
Vikes 20 Pack 17
Titans 19 Falcons 17
Colts 27 Saints 20
Fins 27 Pats 23
Jets 20 Giants 13
Steelers 23 Jags 20
Eagles 31 Commies 17
Texans 24 Panthers 19
Hawks 27 Browns 20
Chiefs 31 Broncos 17
Ravens 27 Cards 17
9ers 23 Bengals 20
Bolts 31 Bears 23
Lions 34 Raiders 16
Ooops! I guess that I'll have to stick with my original 31-24 Bills. I reduced the score (above) hoping for a bingo, forgetting that I'd entered the original score. Todd Bowles ruined my second choice anyway. My closest to a bingo yet.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bills 24 Bucs 17
Boys 31 Rams 17
Vikes 20 Pack 17
Titans 19 Falcons 17
Colts 27 Saints 20
Fins 27 Pats 23
Jets 20 Giants 13
Steelers 23 Jags 20
Eagles 31 Commies 17
Texans 24 Panthers 19
Hawks 27 Browns 20
Chiefs 31 Broncos 17
Ravens 27 Cards 17
9ers 23 Bengals 20
Bolts 31 Bears 23
Lions 34 Raiders 16
You realize you missed the Bills win by 1 point? No reason for Bucs to go for 2. Except to mess up the bettors.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ost: 1011136, member: 17953"]

Thursday
Tampa Bay at Buffalo

Sunday
LA Raiders vs Buffalo
Minnesota vs Green Bay
Atlanta vs Tennessee
New England vs Miami
NY Giants vs NY Jets
Houston vs Carolina
Cleveland vs Seattle
Kansas City vs Denver
Baltimore vs Arizona
Chicago vs LA Clippers

Monday
Las Vegas vs Detroit

[/QUOTE]
BIlls 34 Bucs 17.

Thursday
Tampa Bay at Buffalo

Sunday
LA Raiders vs Buffalo Should be: LA Rams vs Dallas
Minnesota vs Green Bay
Atlanta vs Tennessee
New England vs Miami
NY Giants vs NY Jets
Houston vs Carolina
Cleveland vs Seattle
Kansas City vs Denver
Baltimore vs Arizona
Chicago vs LA Clippers Should be: Chicago vs LA Rams

Monday

Las Vegas vs Detroit

My apologies for the errors on the two games. It's getting more difficult for me to follow things I need to transcribe as I get older. That's the main reason I would like someone to take this out of my hands. Thanks!
You need a bye week.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bills 24 Bucs 17
Boys 31 Rams 17
Vikes 20 Pack 17
Titans 19 Falcons 17
Colts 27 Saints 20
Fins 27 Pats 23
Jets 20 Giants 13
Steelers 23 Jags 20
Eagles 31 Commies 17
Texans 24 Panthers 19
Hawks 27 Browns 20
Chiefs 31 Broncos 17
Ravens 27 Cards 17
9ers 23 Bengals 20
Bolts 31 Bears 23
Lions 34 Raiders 16
Bills 34 Bucs 17 In the books
Cowboys 27 Rams 13
Vikings 38 Packers 17
Titans 20 Falcons 17
Colts 24 Saints 16
Dolphins 31 Pats 13
Jets 27 Giants 16
Steelers 23 Jaguars 19
Eagles 31 Commanders 20
Texans 20 Panthers 13
Seahawks 27 Browns 20
Chiefs 35 Broncos 17
Niners 27 Bengals 13
Chargers 34 Bears 24
Lions 38 Raiders 13
Ravens 31 Cardinals 16

OP
OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All scores 27-24

Sunday
Dallas
Minnesota
Tennessee
Indianapolis
Miami
NY Jets
Jacksonville
Philadelphia
Houston
Seattle
Kansas City
Baltimore
San Francisco
LA Chargers

Monday

Detroit

OP
OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far so good. To reach 75%, I need a win by Detroit tonight. That's a lot better than the paltry results last week. It would be nice if they'd cooperate with the score too. ;)

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far so good. To reach 75%, I need a win by Detroit tonight. That's a lot better than the paltry results last week. It would be nice if they'd cooperate with the score too. ;)
Great job! Lions should win easily. But after watching KC and Frisco fall and the Vikings nearly hand us one yesterday I am upside down.

OP
OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great job! Lions should win easily. But after watching KC and Frisco fall and the Vikings nearly hand us one yesterday I am upside down.
Exactly the two that I was befuddled by. I really pondered over the Giants and Jets. It was a trap game, no doubt about it. I picked the wrong one there. I had no idea that Taysom Hill would be Superman and bust one to be honest. I also thought Carr might be sitting on the sidelines, watching the game. Bad choice.

EDIT: Actually, I got the Jets right. It was the KC/Denver game I got wrong. That was a trap too. Denver gets up for those games, even when they're having a horrible season.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly the two that I was befuddled by. I really pondered over the Giants and Jets. It was a trap game, no doubt about it. I picked the wrong one there. I had no idea that Taysom Hill would be Superman and bust one to be honest. I also thought Carr might be sitting on the sidelines, watching the game. Bad choice.
I know even though they only play every 4 years or in preseason that is like a Mets-Yankee game which did happen in a WS. Crosstown rivalry exists only in a few cities. And there is the in state rivalry. I went with the Jets because they have handled adversity better than the Gmen this season. But I actually though they had lost. I checked my phone about an hour after our game and was stunned to see an OT win for the Jets. Jets have beaten the Bills and Eagles this season.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

EDIT: Actually, I got the Jets right. It was the KC/Denver game I got wrong. That was a trap too. Denver gets up for those games, even when they're having a horrible season.
Detroit came through.

WTD 11-5. 75 PTS.
YTD 705 + 75 = 780

Members online

Latest posts