Week 7 - Washington comes to town (Pre-game and Postgame thread)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you! While I was entertained, it just was too far.

Everything is pointing towards a Green Bay win...so of course the "trap game" thought is on everyone's mind. Washington can put up points, and while our defense is 5th in league in yards allowed - we have done nothing to stop a team if they progress into red zone. Sustained drives, keep our depleted defense fresh to me will allow us to control this game as we should.

I look for Aaron and AJ again to flirt or produce near 200 yards of all purpose yards, and I think this is the week either Lazard or Tonyan find the endzone and put up a few good catches - Adams will be consistent but quiet for him somewhere in the 6 catches 100 yards and a TD ( quiet for him )

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`ve been to confession for my sins.

Regarding the game, I can`t see anything to worry about. Some have commented that Rodgers has lost a little something with his deep game and it has been one of the things that annoys me about him anyway. He can keep the ball moving equally well with 15 to 20 yard passes. To me he tries too hard to make things happen. If he keeps it simple this game is a win all the way. I can`t see the team stumbling at all.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Potentially I see a big win. Just get the win continue to improve stay and get healthy. Get ready for the stretch run.
Packers 38-14

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Let's try to stay on topic this time.
Right, because we weren't having any fun in the other thread. Sorry Poppa but this is another case of over-moding in my humble opinion. Yes, the conversation veered off, but when in life doesn't that happen? If you read through it, all of us were just having fun.

When someone had something interesting to say about the Washington game, they would have posted it and the thread goes back on track.

No offense, but that felt like the neighbor kid seeing all the other kids having fun, taking his ball and going home. Enough said, I have just derailed the thread.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Right, because we weren't having any fun in the other thread. Sorry Poppa but this is another case of over-moding in my humble opinion. Yes, the conversation veered off, but when in life doesn't that happen? If you read through it, all of us were just having fun.

When someone had something interesting to say about the Washington game, they would have posted it and the thread goes back on track.

No offense, but that felt like the neighbor kid seeing all the other kids having fun, taking his ball and going home. Enough said, I have just derailed the thread.
Humor is so subjective. There is also the point that not everyone could participate due to having the OP on ignore. That is why the admin prefers a staff member starts all the game day threads.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do they have different players in the secondary? Is that why they have not been very good on D this year? I read somewhere they are getting pressures, just not a lot of sacks.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Humor is so subjective. There is also the point that not everyone could participate due to having the OP on ignore. That is why the admin prefers a staff member starts all the game day threads.
Yes humor is subjective, but if you don't like or understand that humor, are you going to just shut the thread down?

I get the second part of your statement, but then why didn't you shut the thread down days ago when it was created? Sounds more like an excuse to be honest.

BTW...Side Note.....I have people on ignore that create threads, I still can see what others post in that thread, as well as post things in it myself.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Lots of talk about Packer injuries, the WTFT has quite a few of their own, especially in the WR dept.

Attachments

• FCK8rZ0WYAMsXGI.jpeg
    FCK8rZ0WYAMsXGI.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 101

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Packers will be wearing their old 50's uniforms on Sunday....I really hope they washed them! :coffee:

Attachments

• g7lcx7y6y9050mq3wbj4.jpg
    g7lcx7y6y9050mq3wbj4.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 98

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is also the point that not everyone could participate due to having the OP on ignore.
Ahhh, THAT was a good burn!

Washington doesn't scare me. Heinecke doesn't scare me. Their defense from 2020 scared me. I haven't really followed them in 2021. What happened to their D that caused such a 180?

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I like most of the uniforms from about 35-56 that aren't blue. I'm glad they picked one from this era. My personal favorite though is from 1935.
https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/...sktop/f_auto/packers/op6je9i4bkdjtaf6rszr.jpg

I prefer the old way of doing it, just 2 uniforms each year, home and away. We all know why they have added all these "special" uniforms....more Jersey sales. Not to get up on a soapbox, but we have enough waste in this world as it is, the billion dollar industries don't need to add to it, especially when they have the economic resources and social power to help fix it.

Last edited:

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Raises hand....guilty for semi-trolling. But you're right it's good to have fun rather than copy and post stats every d90mn post on here which takes the fun out of bantering, shooting the sh08t, etc.

Anyway...getting back on track, like I said the Packs can take it easy as their O will dominate but I still stand with Washington's QB that D has to watch out for. He will scramble for the 1st down and has an arm too. With our secondary banged up like Pokerbrat's W.T.f thread they better watch out for the long ball.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow that uniform is UGLY. Just think if they lose. That would be double embarrassing!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes humor is subjective, but if you don't like or understand that humor, are you going to just shut the thread down?

I get the second part of your statement, but then why didn't you shut the thread down days ago when it was created? Sounds more like an excuse to be honest.

BTW...Side Note.....I have people on ignore that create threads, I still can see what others post in that thread, as well as post things in it myself.
If mods want the exclusive rights to create threads … then maybe they should actually get it done before someone else has to do it… this is so ridiculous.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers will be wearing their old 50's uniforms on Sunday....I really hope they washed them! :coffee:
Wow that uniform is UGLY. Just think if they lose. That would be double embarrassing!
I`d say they look awful but that might be going off subject.....yuck.

I like the Jerseys, not so much with the combination of the green pants but I don't know what else they could do. Its much better than that crap the Bears were wearing last week.

D

Deleted member 6794

Do they have different players in the secondary? Is that why they have not been very good on D this year? I read somewhere they are getting pressures, just not a lot of sacks.

Washington ranks 10th in the league in pressure percentage. But they have issues in the secondary, ranking only 26th in opposing passer rating at 104.4.

I think the one that is overlooked is Preston Smith. Dude is tough man. One of his great qualities was availability. He's a loss.

With Preston being listed as questionable there's a chance he will be able to play tomorrow.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he can play. You can't overlook this team. Every win counts the same in the standings. Get this W. I do not like their chances on a short week on the road vs. a good team as banged up as they are.

Members online

Latest posts