Week 6 vs Detroit MNF: Time For Big Time Payback

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
Stafford likes those RB screens in the flat, I’d hone in and focus on those RBs quietly sliding out or the Guard pulling as a Cue for that.

I agree that the Packers are favored, deservedly so at this point. But a lot of what I've read about the Lions on this forum is outdated. The RB screen isn't a go-to move anymore. Bevell has really changed the way things operate. The vast majority of the time, the RB either gets the ball, or stays home for pass pro. The two points of emphasis have been 'run the ball' and 'give Stafford time'. The use of TEs in general went from non-existent last year to an integral part of the offensive plan. Quite frankly, the TEs should really be more of a focus for any defense facing the Lions than the RBs. To be clear, I'm not stating why I think the Lions will win, just clarifying what I've seen from the Lions this year vs the perception based on years past.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Cheech.. I mean.. El Guapo.,
We’re currently the #8 scoring Defense in the NFL at less than <19 pts a game. If we can stay under the 20-21 pts per game average long term, I feel we will win the majority of our games. Not to mention our D so far setting up our O with a short field 1-2 times a game.

While Detroit has the ability to create some trouble for us, I don’t think it’s at all being arrogant in saying we’re the favorite to Win if we prepare properly and don’t take them lightly. We just played a pretty good Defense on the road in Arlington and our O put up 34 pts, while largely trying to churn the clock. All the while without our best Receiver. We’re seeing some glimpses of success with this O that we didn’t see weeks 1 and 2.

I expect Stafford to be getting the ball out quick and early. Stafford likes those RB screens in the flat, I’d hone in and focus on those RBs quietly sliding out or the Guard pulling as a Cue for that. All in all, if GB can continue the running game from last week, it will limit Staffords opportunities by churning the clock.
I do expect Detroit to score, but I also think our D gets a takeaway that turns the tide.

If Detroit plays well, I see them as a repeat of the Eagles strength wise, IMO that was as much as us self destructing as it was the Eagles playing good D and getting away with a few non calls.

hopefully we’ll see Rodgers getting plays off so fast, that the Ref will be offsides. :tup:

I'm curious to see if Slay is on the field on Adams. If not, I'd attack his sub with deep shots on that side of the field.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm just hoping Adams is on the field. It wouldn't shock me if they hold him out against Detroit and Oakland and let him try to get as close to 100% for the Chiefs game on 10/27.

I'm convinced that the Packers will play Adams as soon as he's healthy enough and there's not an increased risk of him aggravating the injury.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time for the real Lions to show up. 53 years of sucking (well some years they blew) and it's hard for me to think they righted that ship.

Rodgers finally plays well consistently in a game as the offense continues to gel.

Packers 37 Lions 26

Packers D come up with 5 sacks, 2 picks, and a score

Rodgers 28 for 35 360 yds 3 TDs
A Jones 18/95/1

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just got "the call" from my buddy with tickets, I'm going to the game Monday Night! So book the victory! :cool:

I haven't been to a night game at Lambeau in ages, looking forward to it, just not the 3 1/2 hr. drive home after.

Go Pack Go!
Nice! Maybe we'll unintentionally spill a beer on each other. I'm bringing my daughter for her first trip. Mom was born and raised a Vikings fan. Daughter the same, but now she'll begin to question her roots!

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tae isn't practicing today. Probably gonna miss this game too.

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
Fun Stat.....did Barnwell by any chance include how many of these "dimes" actually hit pay dirt (completed), how many were incomplete or intercepted?

I think the inference is that these were completions. I would assume that for a throw to count as a 10/10 throw, it was caught.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm convinced that the Packers will play Adams as soon as he's healthy enough and there's not an increased risk of him aggravating the injury.

Not to split hairs, but I think those are 2 very different things. For instance, if the Playoffs started on Sunday, he might not be even close to 100%, but he would probably play and risk re-injury. However, given where we are in the season, I don't think "healthy enough" will cut it and waiting until he is closer to fully healed is probably being long term smart.

Lily Zhao
@LilySZhao

Davante Adams not sure if he’ll play Monday. Sounds like he’ll be back when the toe is fully healed vs. trying to rush back on the field.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think the inference is that these were completions. I would assume that for a throw to count as a 10/10 throw, it was caught.

Could be, Barnwell blocked me from his Twitter account last year, so I have that going for me. :D

Obviously, I'm not much of a Barnwell fan. ;)

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Lotta LPs on that list, getting me wondering about our strength and conditioning program still being one of the worst in the league.

But on another note, wonder if this Rodgers knee report is somehow a reaggravation of last year's injury, or if it is indeed a new one. I just never recalled seeing him limp around last week.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be surprised if Tae plays Monday night. I'm concerned about Savage too. Those high ankle sprains can take a while to heal.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
I started listening to some Packer podcasts this season. One of the better ones is Packernet Podcast (Overtime media), because he uses PFF extensively to describe each opponent and the game. Per his Friday broadcast, Stafford's greatest weakness is his performance under pressure, it's like 42% or something, one of the worst in the league, and Without pressure, Stafford's numbers are very high, so you can bet Pettine has the Smithereens getting geared up for this game.

They have one good corner, but we have a better secondary, though, as previously mentioned, we struggle against elite TEs.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Lions are coming off the bye and they have developed a rushing game to take advantage of our rushing defense weakness. This is definitely a winnable game, but a loss here or a close victory will not surprise me.

Members online

Latest posts