Week 4 MNF The Cupcake Atlanta Team In Town

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heads up fellas

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have signed Reggie Begelton to the active roster. In addition the team elevated De'Jon Harris and Billy Winn from the practice squad for tonight's game.

would be nice to see if Reggie gets a chance or two tonight to see if he may have a chance of a spot on the roster.

On a general note
I would think we'll see Jones with more air targets than we've seen so far this season, along with the TE's being used more, maybe swervin Ervin also.
Whatever happens, I'm pretty sure the coaching staff will have been preparing most, if not all, of the week to be without DA & AL

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: shepherd for thinking he was in the end zone on his catch and cost us a 14-0 lead.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: shepherd for thinking he was in the end zone on his catch and cost us a 14-0 lead.

And the refs missing the facemask call against Dante Fowler

See, this is why I called them a cupcake. Our offense has run down the field on them every time now, and they are lucky as **** not to be down 20-3 right now.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its going to he a shootout. Matt Ryan has picked the defense apart too many times to think that the Falcons won't put up at least 30. Pack needs to get the run game in gear and keep him off the field.

Stick a fork in Matt Ryan he is done!!! I mean wow, Packers made him look really bad on those last two series.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The 16 points allowed by the Packers tonight is a season low for Atlanta by 9 points.

Vs. SEA: 25
@ DAL: 39
Vs. CHI: 26

Packers are now +51 in scoring differential. Their +12.75 per game is leading the league.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 16 points allowed by the Packers tonight is a season low for Atlanta by 9 points.

Vs. SEA: 25
@ DAL: 39
Vs. CHI: 26

Packers are now +51 in scoring differential. Their +12.75 per game is leading the league.

I know im being spoiled when I’m salty they didn’t put up 40. :laugh:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Should be remembered that Tonyan is a really talented guy.

He came out of Indiana State as a WR > TE convert. At 236, he posted some really impressive pro day numbers, e.g. 4.58 forty, 35" vert, 125" broad, 7.12 three cone.

He's added some good weight and learned the position and he's starting to get it. Tight end is a position that develops slowly even if you don't start behind the eight ball like that. You love to see it.

Oh, and I believe he's trained in the offseasons with George Kittle, so there's that.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Aftermath Of Tonight Has The Following Headlines

Rodgers Dicing Em Up For 300+ yards, 4 TDs And No Picks

Robert Tonyan Ascends To The Elite TE Ranks On Par With Kittle And Kelce

Matt Ryan Bad Despite Getting Julio Back

Will Dan Quinn Join Bill O'Brien Tomorrow?

We may not have cupcaked ATL in the way that we did to the Bears back in 2014, but 30-16 is still very convincing. If Adams and Lazard had been out there, it would have gotten a hell of a lot uglier for Atlanta.

Whew though... This bye week came at the perfect time

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been very patiently waiting for Tonyan to put it together, seems to be happening and this pleases me.

D

Deleted member 6794

A little too excited? Maybe. But in all seriousness I think we can safely say the TE position is as set as it's been in a long time. In these upcoming drafts we can finally stop drafting there and focus on other needs.

The Packers might need another tight end with Lewis possibly not being re-signed after this season as well as Sternberger and Deguara being unknowns at this point.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A little too excited? Maybe. But in all seriousness I think we can safely say the TE position is as set as it's been in a long time. In these upcoming drafts we can finally stop drafting there and focus on other needs.
I thought Lewis was done last year, so next year is not a given for him. Tonyan is set to be a FA, restricted so we still have a nice controlling interest in him, but he does have some potential to maybe not be here either. Though unlikely. Degura just had a serious injury and is young, same with Sternberger. We might still be drafting one :)

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Aftermath Of Tonight Has The Following Headlines

Rodgers Dicing Em Up For 300+ yards, 4 TDs And No Picks

Robert Tonyan Ascends To The Elite TE Ranks On Par With Kittle And Kelce

Matt Ryan Bad Despite Getting Julio Back

Will Dan Quinn Join Bill O'Brien Tomorrow?

We may not have cupcaked ATL in the way that we did to the Bears back in 2014, but 30-16 is still very convincing. If Adams and Lazard had been out there, it would have gotten a hell of a lot uglier for Atlanta.

Whew though... This bye week came at the perfect time
Tonyan had a great night, no doubt. I'm not ready though to put him in the same class as Kittle and Kelce. I'm hopeful he'll get there, it will take more than one performance. That said, he's looked good in all four games. Very different from last year.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a good point, given it can take a few years to learn the TE position in the NFL. I'm bummed out about Josh D. but he'll be back. Gotta get Sternberger rolling and that will come. Love Marcedes but it's getting close to the end for him.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The Packers might need another tight end with Lewis possibly not being re-signed after this season as well as Sternberger and Deguara being unknowns at this point.
It looks to me like they want 4 that can play and contribute plus 1 in the practice squad hopper. Nakia Stewart is a big kid who apparently knows how to block and would appear that is being groomed as Lewis’s replacement? We may see another heading our way next year in the draft.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looks to me like they want 4 that can play and contribute plus 1 in the practice squad hopper. Nakia Stewart is a big kid who apparently knows how to block and would appear that is being groomed as Lewis’s replacement? We may see another heading our way next year in the draft.
Makes sense TE is clearly an important position in MLF's game planning.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a good point, given it can take a few years to learn the TE position in the NFL. I'm bummed out about Josh D. but he'll be back. Gotta get Sternberger rolling and that will come. Love Marcedes but it's getting close to the end for him.

It’s a few years for pure tight ends like sternberger, Tonyan was a quarterback converted to WR iirc. Tonyan is still relatively new to the position, he’s got loads of potential. I think next season we will truly see what Tonyan is capable of, should we elect to retain him, it also aligns with generally accepted age of a TE entering his prime.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s a few years for pure tight ends like sternberger, Tonyan was a quarterback converted to WR iirc. Tonyan is still relatively new to the position, he’s got loads of potential. I think next season we will truly see what Tonyan is capable of, should we elect to retain him, it also aligns with generally accepted age of a TE entering his prime.
And is it just me, or has Tonyan bulked up from last season? I saw him on TV this week and his arms look huge and strong. I recall last year he had a slighter build. My guess is that he did a lot of off season work.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And is it just me, or has Tonyan bulked up from last season? I saw him on TV this week and his arms look huge and strong. I recall last year he had a slighter build. My guess is that he did a lot of off season work.

I noticed that too, and without losing any speed. he's basically a very big wide receiver

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts