Week 4 MNF The Cupcake Atlanta Team In Town

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I almost wouldn't mind if we sat Adams out this game as well, even as risky as that is. Maybe in part because we got the bye week right after this and can make sure he's 100% on the other side. Sure our WR depth may be exposed, but as I stated above, if you use the TEs and backs enough in the game plan, I think you could put minimal burdens on this current group.

Adams said he would not play unless he was 100%. So as long as he's to be believed, we can rest assured that if he's out there, it's because he's really right.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as Shepard starts in the middle it doesn't matter where he makes the catch imo. But I would like to see Sternberger make some catches between the hash marks.
Pass patterns appear to be jam up the middle and throw to whoever pops free outside the tackles, in the flat, or deep. Don't expect much between the hashes then except for the flip pass on the jet sweep or a quick slant as a changeup.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone find this concerning?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pass patterns appear to be jam up the middle and throw to whoever pops free outside the tackles, in the flat, or deep. Don't expect much between the hashes then except for the flip pass on the jet sweep or a quick slant as a changeup.
There is not much space between the hashes. I'll digress. I never liked that they moved the hash marks. I think it has taken away from some of the tactical play calling in a game. I think it was more fun when the hash marks were wide.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
There is not much space between the hashes. I'll digress. I never liked that they moved the hash marks. I think it has taken away from some of the tactical play calling in a game. I think it was more fun when the hash marks were wide.
You are older than I thought. College still does the wide hashmark thing. Sometimes it looks like they run plays just to get the ball centered again.
Anyone find this concerning?
I am more concerned about the illness designations than the body injury questionable status. DNP on Saturday is not good unless they were just rested.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Game is pushed to 9:00 EST. for stupid Patriots.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are older than I thought. College still does the wide hashmark thing. Sometimes it looks like they run plays just to get the ball centered again.

I am more concerned about the illness designations than the body injury questionable status. DNP on Saturday is not good unless they were just rested.
That is part of the tactics that I was talking about. It also makes kicking field goals more difficult if your not paying attention. Seems like the owners just think the game is better if you score more points. I am not of that opinion.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any guesses on if Ridley and Jones are playing?

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else not able to see this thread in the main list of threads on the forum? I stumbled upon the thread just now because it showed up with a "Latest" post on the main web site.

I had thought it strange when I hadn't noticed a Week 4 thread yesterday and considered starting one. I didn't know it was already there but I couldn't see it for some reason.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone else not able to see this thread in the main list of threads on the forum? I stumbled upon the thread just now because it showed up with a "Latest" post on the main web site.

I had thought it strange when I hadn't noticed a Week 4 thread yesterday and considered starting one. I didn't know it was already there but I couldn't see it for some reason.
You aren't seeing the stickies?

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well... After what happened to Dallas today, Atlanta looks 10x as bad for losing to them. This is why I called them a cupcake.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Adams isn't playing.

He tweeted this: "Sorry fans and friends I wont be on the field tonight. I’ve done everything I need to do and proved Im ready but I guess I don’t know my body as well as others. Good luck out there my boys"

Sounds like he wants to go and the medical staff wants to be cautious.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm obviously not happy to be missing Adams, but I am really intrigued to see what Petals cooks up without both him and Lazard.

My guess is that the tight ends do a lot of the heavy lifting tonight. Let's see it, Big Bob.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm obviously not happy to be missing Adams, but I am really intrigued to see what Petals cooks up without both him and Lazard.

My guess is that the tight ends do a lot of the heavy lifting tonight. Let's see it, Big Bob.

100% agree, Josiah is back right?

I expect a ton of use of Tonyan and Stern motioning out and in formation...Ervin will see more snaps as well...honestly is it odd I don't fully expect MLF's calls to change a ton, merely the hot read or Aaron's choice may change in the calls more than anything.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that MLF has been prepared for this. I'm extremely impressed with what he's done with this offence so far, and think he's going to have a pretty creative plan to deal with both Adams and Lazard being out. As cautious as the medical staff is, I don't expect Clark to play tonight either.

H

HardRightEdge

Adams isn't playing.

He tweeted this: "Sorry fans and friends I wont be on the field tonight. I’ve done everything I need to do and proved Im ready but I guess I don’t know my body as well as others. Good luck out there my boys"

Sounds like he wants to go and the medical staff wants to be cautious.
It's not just medical staff. The head coach has a say. If LaFleur was in the same position as the guy on the other side of the ball, 0-3, season and job on the line, Adams would be playing like Jones and Ridley. At 3-0, you can play for the 16+ game long haul.

It will be interesting seeing the offense run though the RBs and TEs even more than we've seen to date.

Members online

Latest posts