Week 4 MNF The Cupcake Atlanta Team In Town

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers will get Dan Quinn fired Monday night.

Even though someone rated this as funny, it's probably a lot closer to the truth than most would think. Ever since they lost the SB, Atlanta's starts and their seasons overall keep getting worse and worse. He's on extremely thin ice right now, and at 0-4 they're done. Owner Mr Blanc won't be patient much longer.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me, it's simple: I cannot shake the feeling that the packers are not quite there yet. It's a good team and will make the playoffs, but they don't scare anybody. Every opponent (even the lions and bears) have a chance to come out with a win.

This week they should put up 45 or more on ATL's D, but how many will they give up? Other than the viking game, I haven't felt the pack had a safe lead until well into the 2nd half.

I feel like those are rather contradicting statements. If offenses that score that amount of points on what seems like a routine basis aren't scary, I don't know what are. Could the defense improve a bit? Certainly, but they been pretty opportunistic with turnovers so far which could spell trouble for Ryan and company.

I would say certainly the Packer team of the last two years didn't really scare anyone, especially when they struggled to put together complete games and sometimes barely hung on at the end. This year's Packer team is much different though and has definitely asserted its will on offense.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers will get Dan Quinn fired Monday night.
I’d be very surprised to see him fired after 4 games unless there was a very noticeable lack of effort by their team Monday night.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
This game makes me really nervous, these are the games where everyone in the world expects us to blow them out and then the game is really close and we lose, for sure a trap game..
Falcons are not a bad team and they have a really good offense, hopefully our defense can show up in this game.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game doesn't make me nervous at all. We are clearly the better team and should win, but I'd hardly call Atlanta a cupcake team. They've been competitive in all their games, just not for four quarters. Just don't turn the ball over and we're 4-0.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams and Clark back at practice today. Lazard did not practice, waiting on the injury report to see what the problem is.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess the biggest concern I have about this game is that all the offense has been incredible and legit in that, they may be due for an off night. Not so much from the falcons, or maybe just being off, such as with four execution, penalties, dropped passes and such. Can't be near perfect forever.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These numbers are incredible. Through three games, 40 points per game, no turnovers, one three and out, and an offensive line that despite shuffling different combos in and out every game has allowed only 10 pressures and has not been charged with either one of the only two sacks.
Like I said unsustainable. Hopefully if they come in a little off on Monday night, it's not too bad.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a video where James Jones predicted an Atlanta win Monday. Basically he was saying the Falcons were better than their record, they have some dangerous weapons, and they might feast on our defense. This game might make me more nervous, but since we're at home I think we should win.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d be very surprised to see him fired after 4 games unless there was a very noticeable lack of effort by their team Monday night.

Or we recover an onside kick.

I think Quinn was put on notice after that debacle. He may not get fired if we win Monday, but he’s definitely on thin ice.

RonTom6

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Adams can’t go we might be in trouble with out Lazard too
I agree, with the announcement of no Adams and now season ending surgery for Lazard we are very thin on who we can trust in certain situations. This notion of a cupcake game is mind blowing to me based on facts. Does everyone think MVS will suddenly be a consistent catcher and route runner over night, or rely on our TE's because they made some plays in New Orleans. The fact is that we will be relying on Jones and Williams, and our O line for some massive protection. Falcons have been choke artists this year, but at some point that all has to stop. I'm just hoping it doesn't stop against us. As always Go Pack Go, Let's stay in control of the North!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, with the announcement of no Adams and now season ending surgery for Lazard

Whoa!! l haven't heard anything about Adams definitely being out or Lazard out for the season. Lazard is at least a month, and Adam's currently looks at least 50/50 to go.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@RonTom6

Well, when thinking about it, I of course hadn't yet heard of Lazard's injury when I first made this thread. IF Adams is also for sure unable to go here, I agree it could definitely be a game changer. I have a few thoughts about Gute's handling of our WR depth, though I won't get into it here.

I think MVS has done a better job job this year route running and proving he can get open, though he will need to start hauling in more catches.

Our TEs have been phenomenal, especially both Lewis and Tonyan. Sternberger needs to be more consistent at not dropping balls, but he's certainly got some good athleticism when he does catch them.

I think this game we certainly will need to feature Aaron Jones more in the passing game and maybe throw Tyler Ervin in there for added effect. But... It's next man up again for the WRs.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
@RonTom6

Well, when thinking about it, I of course hadn't yet heard of Lazard's injury when I first made this thread. IF Adams is also for sure unable to go here, I agree it could definitely be a game changer. I have a few thoughts about Gute's handling of our WR depth, though I won't get into it here.

I think MVS has done a better job job this year route running and proving he can get open, though he will need to start hauling in more catches.

Our TEs have been phenomenal, especially both Lewis and Tonyan. Sternberger needs to be more consistent at not dropping balls, but he's certainly got some good athleticism when he does catch them.

I think this game we certainly will need to feature Aaron Jones more in the passing game and maybe throw Tyler Ervin in there for added effect. But... It's next man up again for the WRs.
@RonTom6

Shepherd played 23 offensive snaps against New Orleans so I expect to see more of him as I wouldn’t expect to see Adams out there for 100% of the plays.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Sheperd would be used best in the slot. It's possible he can go deep but I don't think that is a strength and I think he is kind of wasted on the outside. Would like him to cause some confusion with his quickness.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think Sheperd would be used best in the slot. It's possible he can go deep but I don't think that is a strength and I think he is kind of wasted on the outside. Would like him to cause some confusion with his quickness.
Rodger’s I think threw only 2 passes between the hash marks against New Orleans. We aren’t going to get away with that consistently.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s looking like the Falcons could have limited availability of two of their D-line starters and both starting safeties. Not an enviable position for them I’d say.

edit: any of you on Falcons forums conducting death watch?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodger’s I think threw only 2 passes between the hash marks against New Orleans. We aren’t going to get away with that consistently.
As long as Shepard starts in the middle it doesn't matter where he makes the catch imo. But I would like to see Sternberger make some catches between the hash marks.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Atlanta will score points, hopefully not at will like they have in the past. This will be a shootout as they're desperate and good offensively, and we're just good all around. Julio usually makes us look silly. Ridley is having a great start to his year too, same as Gage. I'd take their WR trio over ours most days of the week.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Atlanta will score points, hopefully not at will like they have in the past. This will be a shootout as they're desperate and good offensively, and we're just good all around. Julio usually makes us look silly. Ridley is having a great start to his year too, same as Gage. I'd take their WR trio over ours most days of the week.
Have to get Ryan moving. The pass rush will be critical to our success.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shepherd played 23 offensive snaps against New Orleans so I expect to see more of him as I wouldn’t expect to see Adams out there for 100% of the plays.

I almost wouldn't mind if we sat Adams out this game as well, even as risky as that is. Maybe in part because we got the bye week right after this and can make sure he's 100% on the other side. Sure our WR depth may be exposed, but as I stated above, if you use the TEs and backs enough in the game plan, I think you could put minimal burdens on this current group.

Members online

Latest posts