Week 12 Rams pregame and postgame thread.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just hoping to see if we can stop the bleeding with injuries and get thru a game with the same guys we start. I hope we win, but we'll have our work cut out for us. Like many of the games prior, we should be in it and hopefully find a way to win it.

Need to decrease the mistakes and when opportunity presents itself, take it. We were horrible at it last week. We played well overall but some bad penalties and missed opportunities took a tough road game from a 10+ point victory to a 3 point loss IMO because we didn't play a clean game. It's time to knock that stuff off.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I'd like to be optimistic I just don't know if our young OL can withstand the Rams DL rush. AR shouldn't think he's EVER got more than 1.5-2 seconds to unload the ball, so quick-developing plays need to be the norm. Short crossing routes, hopefully pick-plays to free-up a WR quickly off the line. Screens to neutralize the rush.

Defensively if/when the rush doesn't quickly get to Stafford I think he'll find Kupp, OBJ, Jefferson or Higbee. Don't know if our DB's can consistently hang with those guys. Henderson is a good back who gets 12-14 carries/game & I can see him racking-up 75-100 yds if he can get through the DL unscathed. Barry needs to selectively blitz AND have it get home if GB has a chance to slow-down the Rams.

Rams 39, Packers 37 :(

Reaction score
This game is like us playing for a playoff spot.
We know there's holes on both side of the ball.
Therse's a good chance we'll come out the losers.
But there's always hope.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lafleur needs to get his head out of his ***. No more narrative about Rodgers changing all the run plays because we didnt run with Love either. Get the ground game going and when its working stick with it. Help this Oline out and make their defense tired and keep ours fresh going into the bye.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just hoping to see if we can stop the bleeding with injuries and get thru a game with the same guys we start. I hope we win, but we'll have our work cut out for us. Like many of the games prior, we should be in it and hopefully find a way to win it.

Need to decrease the mistakes and when opportunity presents itself, take it. We were horrible at it last week. We played well overall but some bad penalties and missed opportunities took a tough road game from a 10+ point victory to a 3 point loss IMO because we didn't play a clean game. It's time to knock that stuff off.
What scares me is Yosh going up against Donald. Donald was banged up and had a bad playoff game against us. I also fear for Rodgers and fear for holding penalties. Hopefully, our D can step up even with the injuries and get the ones we missed against Cousins. As tough as it was in Minnesota the Vikings do not stack up defensively like the Rams do. We burned them as the game went on. The 3 holding penalties on the O line hurt, however.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lafleur needs to get his head out of his ***. No more narrative about Rodgers changing all the run plays because we didnt run with Love either. Get the ground game going and when its working stick with it. Help this Oline out and make their defense tired and keep ours fresh going into the bye.
I know it can be tough sledding but we have to find a way to run the ball or Rodgers will be running or tiptoeing for his life. Taylor will have to help. Dillon has to punish a few Rams. And our TEs have to get physical like we did against Bosa. And of course Crosby has to find the INSIDE of the uprights.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did find the inside of the uprights if I remember, resulting in a "doink." :D

In the Rams playoff game last year, Elgton Jenkins got into Aaron Donald's head. He stymied Donald repeatedly, eventually culminating in Donald getting an unsportsman penalty after he showed his frustration. Yosh is capable and has the chance to prove himself, but going against Aaron Donald will be a tall order. I 100% agree that running the ball needs to be a priority, not to just LeFleur but to Rodgers as well. We beat Arizona because we committed ourselves to it.

BTW - that option pitch that LeFleur called against the Vikings is the kind of creative playcalling that is needed down the stretch. If you don't remember, it was 3rd & 1 in the 4th quarter when Rodgers handed off to Randall Cobb in the backfield. Dillon went left also looking like a blocker. Instead, Cobb exercised the option and pitched to Dillon for a first down. We really are lacking the creativity that we saw last season in the offense. More please.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And when we get 2 or 3 three and outs. Then what? Which is what would have happened against Minnihaha. Those that think thunder thighs can run through lineman are delusional and have not watched very closely.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And when we get 2 or 3 three and outs. Then what? Which is what would have happened against Minnihaha. Those that think thunder thighs can run through lineman are delusional and have not watched very closely.

Do you think we aren’t getting 3 and outs going empty the way we are so often?

Dillon is getting 4.4 a carry this season. That keeps you ahead of the sticks.

Reaction score
The best Offense is a good D. However if we can’t get off the field on D, then another recipe is limiting the # of Rams possessions. That’s done with a methodical mixture of running and short high probability 5-10 yard throws. If our Offense can get 65-70+ Offensive plays off and control the clock? We will be in this game into the 4th quarter.

Our Defense needs to do a better job capitalizing on takeaways. When we have multiple INT opportunities and a sack fumble, they have to bounce our way better. We had like 4-5 missed opportunities. The Defense can’t give up big pass interference yardage.

Our Offense needs to play cleaner. We can’t have more than 1 Offensive penalty per half. Those are clock savers for our opponent and will give an increased number of possessions to Stafford.

ST needs step up and make up for these blunders. It’s time for that unit to challenge itself to win on each opportunity.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What scares me is Yosh going up against Donald. Donald was banged up and had a bad playoff game against us. I also fear for Rodgers and fear for holding penalties. Hopefully, our D can step up even with the injuries and get the ones we missed against Cousins. As tough as it was in Minnesota the Vikings do not stack up defensively like the Rams do. We burned them as the game went on. The 3 holding penalties on the O line hurt, however.
Yosh won't be matched up against Donald as he usually lines up over a guard. The thought of Newman trying to block him is scary. Will need alot of help from Patrick and even then, Donald can beat double teams. Yosh will have his hands full with Miller and Floyd. Need a similar game plan to the 49ers. Get the ball out quick.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yosh won't be matched up against Donald as he usually lines up over a guard. The thought of Newman trying to block him is scary. Will need alot of help from Patrick and even then, Donald can beat double teams. Yosh will have his hands full with Miller and Floyd. Need a similar game plan to the 49ers. Get the ball out quick.
I have a hunch we're going to see a TE in the backfield as a blocking back, to chip at Donald when needed. There will be some added wrinkles to the assignments, and we're going to see as much movement out of Rodgers despite the gimpy pinky toe.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did find the inside of the uprights if I remember, resulting in a "doink." :D

In the Rams playoff game last year, Elgton Jenkins got into Aaron Donald's head. He stymied Donald repeatedly, eventually culminating in Donald getting an unsportsman penalty after he showed his frustration. Yosh is capable and has the chance to prove himself, but going against Aaron Donald will be a tall order. I 100% agree that running the ball needs to be a priority, not to just LeFleur but to Rodgers as well. We beat Arizona because we committed ourselves to it.

BTW - that option pitch that LeFleur called against the Vikings is the kind of creative playcalling that is needed down the stretch. If you don't remember, it was 3rd & 1 in the 4th quarter when Rodgers handed off to Randall Cobb in the backfield. Dillon went left also looking like a blocker. Instead, Cobb exercised the option and pitched to Dillon for a first down. We really are lacking the creativity that we saw last season in the offense. More please.
I think they've just been setting a lot of that stuff up for the back half and post season.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see us run a lot. But I'm concerned as to what happens if we overwork Dillon. Who do we have to spell him, and replace him, if he gets dinged?

At the same time, we have Rodgers with a broken toe. He's going to have to get rid of the ball quickly.

This is not a good situation for the Packers. Damned if they do, damned if they don't pass or run.

Winning this one will require one helluva great game plan, and execution by the Packers.

I think they can do it.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see us run a lot. But I'm concerned as to what happens if we overwork Dillon. Who do we have to spell him, and replace him, if he gets dinged?

At the same time, we have Rodgers with a broken toe. He's going to have to get rid of the ball quickly.

This is not a good situation for the Packers. Damned if they do, damned if they don't pass or run.

Winning this one will require one helluva great game plan, and execution by the Packers.

I think they can do it.

He’s got a bye next week and probably gets Jones back a week after that. It’s not like we have wore him down so far this season.

Grind him out. This is why you draft a RB in the 2nd round.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not nearly as confident that he's capable of handling the full load, or that Jones will be back, and productive, following the bye. It may be a week, or two after that.

As for running, you need an offensive line to help with that. We are suffering from a lot of injuries, and that's not exactly going to help the run game.

I'd be looking for a good run mix, but be not even consider making us too invested in the run. I'd turn the short 5-7 quick passes into an extension of my running game.

But that's just my opinion.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you think we aren’t getting 3 and outs going empty the way we are so often?

Dillon is getting 4.4 a carry this season. That keeps you ahead of the sticks.
I've never liked going empty. But the 4.4 average includes the longer runs which, the way teams are stacking the box, is not an indication of how well we'll do in 3rd down situations. We still need to pass to run. Not the other way around. I saw one play where Cobb did like a little hook. He just stood there despite being surrounded by two defenders. I just think when a receiver is absolutely covered; he needs to move laterally at least.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm nervous about playing Jones or Rashan. I would rather have a loss than see either one of these guys have a big setback. With the by coming up, might be better just to sit them. I won't be unhappy if they don't play. Don't think it is good to put Barnes in a situation where he ends up one on one with a runner in the flat. He needs to be in the middle. Create some havoc. If it is one on one with him on the outside; Stafford will be checking down. Anyway, anyone will need to cover there tighter. Maybe Black.

Reaction score
I'm nervous about playing Jones or Rashan. I would rather have a loss than see either one of these guys have a big setback. With the by coming up, might be better just to sit them. I won't be unhappy if they don't play. Don't think it is good to put Barnes in a situation where he ends up one on one with a runner in the flat. He needs to be in the middle. Create some havoc. If it is one on one with him on the outside; Stafford will be checking down. Anyway, anyone will need to cover there tighter. Maybe Black.
Yeah we certainly don’t want to aggravate an injury. That said, we should be fine for the Rams. We’re one of the more cautious teams imo. If they play, it’s minimal risk or they’d sit the player. I’d love to know Jaires and ZaDarius’ outlook this season. I know that’s not something that’s advantageous for the public or giving insider info to our opponent, But the staff must know something by now or they wouldn’t ride our Roster all season. We could also use some positive news as we’ve been just near decimated at this pace. We’re now playing without our starting LT, LG and Center and we’ve got a Rookie at RG that’s struggling.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I'm more optimistic about Rodgers working some magic than the banged-up offensive line opening up holes for the run game against the Rams defense.

I'm not nearly as confident that he's capable of handling the full load, or that Jones will be back, and productive, following the bye. It may be a week, or two after that.

Jones was already a limited participant in yesterday's practice. If he doesn't suffer a setback I fully expect him to return after the bye week.

He might even be ready for the game vs. the Rams.

I’d love to know Jaires and ZaDarius’ outlook this season. I know that’s not something that’s advantageous for the public or giving insider info to our opponent, But the staff must know something by now or they wouldn’t ride our Roster all season.

Boy oh boy. Both Alexander and Z are currently on injured reserve and don't count against the team's roster limit. They could be activated at any point though.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones was already a limited participant in yesterday's practice. If he doesn't suffer a setback I fully expect him to return after the bye week.

He might even be ready for the game vs. the Rams.
He has a mild MCL sprain, according to all I've been able to find. It can end up being exacerbated if he plays. I don't think they're stupid enough to risk allowing that to happen. He's their franchise running back, and the guy who definitely needs to be ready by the time the playoffs come around. That means work him back into the lineup slowly, preparing him for the playoffs. In the meantime, Dillon will get the majority of the snaps, and the better he does, the less likely it is that we'll see Jones too soon.

Members online

Latest posts