We should trade for Farve! Yes, No, Yes!!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I'm not crazy. I know what your going to say, but just hear me out.

He's old granted. However, he has the entire off season to retire, relax, shoot himself full of HGH and Roids and then unretire right before the start of next season. By then the Vikings, sorry Viqueens, will have traded for McNabb.

I say we trade for him. I mean, he's shown he can still play at a high level sort of (until the boost from HGH wears off) and he'd make a good backup to Rogers. Guy can ride the bench, say hi to the fans (or I'm Sorry) and fix the rift he created when he left. Heck, GB might even hire him as a PR guy. What was the offer again, $20M or something.

I'm sure the Viking would be happy to unload him right now even for a 5th or 6th round pick of ours. I say, let's trade for Farve!

I can just imagine the look on his face when Chilly walks up to Brett and says. "Clean out your stuff, we traded you back to GB. Oh yeah, you'll have to drive yourself to the airport!"

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I'm not crazy. I know what your going to say, but just hear me out.

He's old granted. However, he has the entire off season to retire, relax, shoot himself full of HGH and Roids and then unretire right before the start of next season. By then the Vikings, sorry Viqueens, will have traded for McNabb.

I say we trade for him. I mean, he's shown he can still play at a high level sort of (until the boost from HGH wears off) and he'd make a good backup to Rogers. Guy can ride the bench, say hi to the fans (or I'm Sorry) and fix the rift he created when he left. Heck, GB might even hire him as a PR guy. What was the offer again, $20M or something.

I'm sure the Viking would be happy to unload him right now even for a 5th or 6th round pick of ours. I say, let's trade for Farve!

I can just imagine the look on his face when Chilly walks up to Brett and says. "Clean out your stuff, we traded you back to GB. Oh yeah, you'll have to drive yourself to the airport!"

Don't want him back....I would love if he tried to reconcile with us though. That would be cool.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I'd rather trade for Chad Greenway. You think they'd take Matthews for him?? Maybe we could throw in Woodson to sweeten the deal?

GBFANATIC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Murgen- you know what.... this is the only option i have not considered..... and it may be genius... as a Packer fan first and foremost, I am currently in the "I can't stand Favre" position as he chose to go to the Vikings and play against us in 2 NFC North divisional games. However, my love for football grew because of his gunslinger style and love for the game. As with most every Packer Backer, it crushed me seeing him go to NY JETS but I lost all respect when he went to Minnesota. I tell people that it is tough saying that my favorite player of all time... could be my least favorite player of all time.... What if we brought him back......? Just to put him on the depth chart (barring no upper management conflictions). I could finally put that Favre Jersey back on the wall...................

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way he would come back and be second fiddle. He would insist on having to start.
And no way the Pack is going to take that away from the bright future in A-Rod we have now.

And besides, let's be real here. The only way the Pack would even think for 1/10th of a second of getting Fart back is if he decides to play the game again.
And who the heck knows when that's going to be?
It could be never, next week or an hour before the very first kickoff.
So the Pack ain't gonna hang around waiting for the words of a flip-flopper.
As a player, they are done with him. Over and out and moving on.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if he came back to Green Bay, he and his ego are a disease. He would be detrimental to the team. It would be funny to see his starts record go away, but GB doesn't need someone like him even near the organization. It's Rodgers' team now, don't throw a wrench in the system.

It scares me also some people take this seriously. All we need is A-Rod. Come on everyone!

OHIOFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no way, the guy love attention and will only hurt Rodgers growth. Favre should stay gone.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only way I see BF back in Green Bay is that the McNab thing pans out for the vikings and BF is released.

Then he decides to retire and Green Bay starts the season, but bad luck hits A-rod in game 8, goes down with a season ending injury. Then I can see the Pack luring BF back out of retirement to finish the season and playoff run.

I am by no means hoping A-rod goes down, would much rather have A-rod running the ship at this point of both QBs careers.

OP
OP
Murgen

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
LOL,

I wrote that last night tongue in cheek. Yeah, I don't even consider it a reality. Just a funny musing I had late last night. Wouldn't it be crazy though it if happened. ROFL.

I could just imagine the look on Brittfar's face being told by Chillidip he got traded back to GB. ROFL Maybe McCarthy would lock him in a storage shed during practice leach style.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sThis whole McNab thing may make this off-season interesting, BF does have a 2 year deal. I am sure they want BF to announce his retirement before the negotiations begin with McNab, so it does not look like he is being forced out.

But all this sounds good that BF will decide in the next six weeks and the vikings move on and sign another veteran like McNab, then in late July BF is rejuvenated and wants to play 100% by the end of Aug.

If he does that again, and to McNab, I think he will loss his good will in the media. Then and then only the rest of the NFL nation will begin to understand exactly what the Packers organization was faced with the first go around.

I am having fun with this, but on a serious note if the vikings do not get another veteran into camp and go with what they have, I can see BF coming back with 2 weeks left in camp to give it another try, no matter what is said between now and then. But if the McNab thing does happen, BF is done with football. Unless another team that has a shot at the playoffs loses their QB late in the season, then I can see BF coming out and finishing the season.

OP
OP
Murgen

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
On a side note. Who thinks BF someday will sign with the Packers and retire as a Packer like Ahman and others have done? Or do you still think he is going to continue to act like a ***** and retire in Purple and Gay.

Honestly, after he acted. He can retire a Viking for all I care. They can put him in their Ring of Honor and retire his number there.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Murgen, how many schnapps did you had when you came up with this?

I'm glad you realized the possibilities of this are slimmer than slim.

Actually, it would be a bad thing. Teams that have 2 QBs have no qb. Rodgers' mistake tolerance would be 0.
-
About the retirement thing, won't happen. He won't be retired until he apologizes to the management, and that won't happen. Right now, I'd say it will take some good 5 years after he retires to have his jersey retired.

BTW, his jersey WILL be retired, it's a fact.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Or do you still think he is going to continue to act like a ***** and retire in Purple and Gay.

Honestly, after he acted. He can retire a Viking for all I care. They can put him in their Ring of Honor and retire his number there.

I actually hope he does. It would absolutely cement who he really is (an egocentric **** who only cares about himself). I am not saying I never want him back in the Packer family - BUT either a LOT of time has to pass or he has do some of the heavy lifting to repair the relationship because he is the one who broke it with his behavior. He doesn't get a free pass for his arrogance and treachery in my book.

OP
OP
Murgen

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Murgen, how many schnapps did you had when you came up with this?

I'm glad you realized the possibilities of this are slimmer than slim.

Not schnapps, but a really long day. I was really tired last night and was giddy. You get so tired you start thinking crazy things and it seems funny to you. LOL

GBFANATIC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i actually like the idea so that i can quit thinking about favre in such a negative manner. i don't want him to ever take a snap for us again but would like to see him retire in green and gold.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

Absolutely NOT! Once a traitor always a traitor.

A-Rod is amazing. Favre should just retire.