We CANNOT win the NFC

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as our special teams COVER units don't get torched, i'll take it.

I like Sammy Shields.... if he can field the punt. He's got super speed, way faster than Desmond Howard had, even Devin Hester and Josh Cribbs.

To me, the 90% key to the season is our pass defense. If it had just been average last year against Minny, Pitt, and Arizona, we would have won all 4 of those games.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't Jennings that kind of burner?

Great route runner and has the intelligence and awareness of when to break to beat a DB. I think that is why Jennings is a better than average WR.

I have never heard him described as a burner.

Burners to me are:

Devin Hester
DeSean Jackson
Ted Gin Jr
Percy Harvin
Josh Cribs

I would not replace Jennings with any of these players. But I would like to see the WR group supplemented with such a player.

PackisBack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep,

Thats why I said:

I wasn't trying to knock your post at all just saying I don't think that's the most important piece to the puzzle that we're missing. IMO I would be much more satisfied with a Sidney Rice type receiver opposite Jennings than say Desean Jackson.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO I would be much more satisfied with a Sidney Rice type receiver opposite Jennings than say Desean Jackson.

I agree, Jackson seams to be too full of himself and isnt what I would call "Packer People". Sidney Rice is a bit of an enigma to. I think last year was a fluke and he goes back to his old ways of not preparing for games and general laziness thinking that he and Favre are going to be instant hero's again. The Player I am afraid of is Harvin!

The one disappointment I have had this year is not going after Ted Gin Jr. Not that he could even win the 3rd WR spot from Nelson or Jones, but a great return man and addition to a WR set that defenses would have to respect or risk huge yardage gains from a single play. Can you imagine the Big 5 with Jennings, Driver, Jones, Finely and Ginn?:happy0005:

Granted what Ginn ended up getting paid is too much for that kind of position, but its something I see missing from the Packers Roster.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Morningwood you're right about everything however not everyone gives your team the credit it deserves. During the entire wildcard debacle, I kept on asking myself if the Pack can't get past the Cardinals, how would they ever beat the Saints? And it's not just the high octane offense that scares me, it's the defense as well. For those of you who don't think highly of their D, let me break it down for you in one simple statement: "they own!" They beat 5/6 of all the superbowl winning Qbs in the regular plus postseason that are currently playing: Favre, Warner, both Manning brothers and Tom Brady. I don't care where they were ranked but a defense that can do just that deserves a SB ring IMHO.

Thanks, and although I am biased I could not agree more. The defense bought into what Greg Williams was selling and it resulted in a much better unit. The truth is that they came through big time in some games where the offense struggled for a period. They were the difference between a 9-7 team and what we saw last year. Vilma may be the most underrated defensive player in the league. The guy has a really high football IQ.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts