Way too early mock/offseason hopeful's

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kindley is not lasting past the 3rd in ANY world IMO.
I had us taking him in the 2nd round in my mock and Dantes posted:
As for the players themselves, I like Aiyuk fine. From what I know of Kindley, that's about a 2-4 round reach there in the 2nd. Colby Parkinson is definitely not a good blocker.
Meaning he should go in the 4th to 6th round.

I think that is crazy, but that opinion is out there.

I dont think he makes it to our pick in the 3rd.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
MOCK DRAFT 4.0

1.30 TRADE with Colts for 2.44 and 4.122

2.44 (From Colts)- Austin Jackson, OT. Offensive tackle is the teams biggest need for the future. They basically have to pay Bakhtiari next year and he will likely end up being the highest paid OL in the league. Can they afford to do that? They need to invest their best draft capital on a starting RT at a minimum. Jackson can be that. Josh Jones is my favorite realistic target for #30, but he was taken earlier in my mock. Justin Jefferson was gone too. They are my two favorite players for #30, that likely will be gone.

2.62- Raekwon Davis, DL. Watch the tape. He looks like he belongs next to Kenny Clark with the Smith bros rushing around him. It would be interesting to see how he fits, but the Packers need someone with presence on the line that is not KC. I think he is an immediate upgrade from Lancaster and Adams, likely even overpaid Lowry.

3.94- Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB. Quick, speed athlete that could be a rotational ILB that provides added rush on 3rd down blitz packages. I like his speed, but he needs some time to develop.

4.122 (From Colts)- Albert Okqueghunam, TE. He ran a 4.49. He’s 6’5 260lbs and ran a 4.49, let that sink in. He can win 50/50 balls and separate (can be a mismatch), but has no blocking abilities. Basically he’s Jimmy Graham for 1/10th of the price tag. Good developmental prospect.

4.136- Lynn Bowden, WR. Lynn Bowden, is probably my favorite WR in the draft class outside of Justin Jefferson. He is a slot receiver and punt returner that will help elevate the Packers offense and ST to where it needs to be for a superbowl run. As a Kentucky WR he is easy to compare to Randall Cobb, only he is a bit more dynamic. Watch the tape. He scores TDs off of the wildcat, throwing TDs, catching TDs and special teams TDs. He’s a TD machine. He needs to be in Green Bay. I will be upset if he’s not.

5.175- Tanner Muse, S. Athletic box safety that really only fits in Mike Pettines system. He could be a developmental prospect that is fun to watch. Dude is fast too, ran a 4.42.

6.192- Isaiah Coulter, WR. I am bias, as I had the opportunity to get to watch this kid develop at URI (I am an RI native). Him and his cousin were fun to watch on Saturday and actually make the URI offense exciting. He looks like nothing more than bones and speed when you watch him, but I think if he hits the NFL weight room he could flourish. There may not be a spot for him on the Packers roster, but it could also be time to clear house. Who knows.

6.208- Reggie Robinson II, CB- I hate not selecting a CB until the 6th round and seems highly unlikely given Gute’s love for CBs early. We need a nickel CB and I do not know with Robinson is the guy, but he is a steal in the 6th.

6.209- Kendall Coleman, Edge- Need some edge depth. Coleman will likely find himself on the practice squad, but has the physical traits needed to be successful.

7.36- Grayland Arnold, CB

7.42- DeeJay Dallas, RB- Should beat out Dexter Williams for a spot.

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I legitimately couldn't hate a draft more.

I'll give you that the Jackson value is better than what I've seen, but 4 of your first 5 picks are players with really good athletic profiles that quite simply haven't played to them. They haven't produced very much on the field, or consistently.

I think it's fine to take one or two of those guys in a draft, but yours is almost all projects! I just don't like it. Sorry.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I legitimately couldn't hate a draft more.

I'll give you that the Jackson value is better than what I've seen, but 4 of your first 5 picks are players with really good athletic profiles that quite simply haven't played to them. They haven't produced very much on the field, or consistently.

I think it's fine to take one or two of those guys in a draft, but yours is almost all projects! I just don't like it. Sorry.
Totally respectable. Though, I do find it confusing if you think all rookies are not projects. The packers are considered at the top 10 in the league at evaluating talent and they (on average) get 1-2 year one starters, 1-2 developmental starters and 2-3 developmental rotational depth players per draft. That’s the real number. You may have some unrealistic views on how many starters a team gets out of a draft in the NFL.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Totally respectable. Though, I do find it confusing if you think all rookies are not projects. The packers are considered at the top 10 in the league at evaluating talent and they (on average) get 1-2 year one starters, 1-2 developmental starters and 2-3 developmental rotational depth players per draft. That’s the real number. You may have some unrealistic views on how many starters a team gets out of a draft in the NFL.

Let me explain. Obviously all players in the draft are projects, to a point.

What I mean by what I said is that Jackson has good physical traits. As of yet, it hasn't translated to the field. He wasn't even that good at USC, but he's going to be our first OT taken, as the LT/RT of the future? Then Davis, more of the same. He's at least had a good year, but recently has been very underwhelming and profiles more of a run stuffer than pass rusher. The value isn't there. Albert O, again, great physical attributes that haven't shown up on the field. These are players that have to develop a lot just to contribute, let alone be good. Rashan Gary was a project too, but at least he had a floor where he could play and be decent right away. I don't see that with your top picks.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To put it really short, I have a hard time projecting players who weren't that good in college being good in the NFL.

Members online

Latest posts