Way too early mock/offseason hopeful's

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Projected Cap- 31 million

Cut- Jimmy Graham (+8 million)

Trade- Lane Taylor for a 4th (+ 4 million)

Sign- Bulaga 2 year 16 million with 10 million in guarantees and 8 million against the cap

Sign- Tyler Ervin 1 year 1.2 million

Sign- Kyler Frackrell 2 year 9 million

Sign- Mason Crosby 1 year 4 million

Bring in Tonyan, Kumerow, Sullivan, Lancaster and Lazard to camp (all ERFA)

• Down to ~23 million
  • ~6 million for rookies
  • Leaves us with ~17 million
  • Sign Corey Littleton to a 4 year 30 million (10 million against the cap)

Packers 2020 Mock draft:

1.32 (Trade to Carolina for 2.8 and 4.8)-

2.8- WR Justin Jefferson (LSU)- Ceedee Lamb and Jerry Juedy are long gone. Justin Jefferson has the best hands out of any WR in this draft class.

2.32- DE Raekwon Davis (Alabama)- Adams still has not developed into the player the packers hoped he would. I think continuing to build this defense will only stamp this teams ticket to another NFC North Championship.

3.32- WR KJ Hamler (Penn St)- Speedy slot receiver, that will give Rodgers a layer they desperately miss and can be used in the return game.

4.8- OT Price Tega Wanogho (Auburn)- Massive body that would get to learn by two of the best in the game.

4.10 (via trade for Lane Taylor)- CB John Reid (Penn State)- Quick slot CB that could work to fill William’s role.

4.19 via trade for 5.32, 6.12, 6.32- OG Ben Bartc (St. Johns)- Sized well and absolutely dominated the lines of the small schools he went up against.

4.32-ILB Troy Dye (Oregon)- Freak athlete that needs some work to develop. Can play a bit outside as well.

7.10 (Traded with Browns)- QB Brian Lewerke (Michigan State)- Someone to battle for the backup role with but not yet the long term plan for Rodgers replacement.

7.22 (Traded with Bills)- C Matt Hennessy (Temple)

7.24 (From Titans)- NT Darrion Daniels (Nebraska)

7.30 (From Baltimore)- TE Matthew Wilkerson (Edward Waters)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see Lane Taylor having any trade value. Looked poor to end last year, looked bad to start this year, then put on IR.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
I don't see Lane Taylor having any trade value. Looked poor to end last year, looked bad to start this year, then put on IR.
True. But could be valuable to teams like the Pats or Redskins who will likely be losing their starting guards if they don’t pay them a multi year deal worth 11 mil +. A veteran IOL for 5mil is not a bad deal.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice effort! Not sure your first 2 picks are available where we grab them, but there are always a player or two I dont expect to see available.

Both Jefferson and Davis are good players that can contribute immediately.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
Nice effort! Not sure your first 2 picks are available where we grab them, but there are always a player or two I dont expect to see available.

Your probably right in that they won’t both be available. This time last year I was certain that Devin White would be available at 12...:(

Reaction score
1.32 (Trade to Carolina for 2.8 and 4.8)-
Overall I like the moves. I’m a proponent of trading back and then trading up (similar to 2018).
I’m picking on you here though, I don’t like the 1.32 to 2.8 for that late of a pick. You lose a 5th year option there also. I’d consider it for a late 3rd rounder or 3rd Comp etc..

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And here I thought Jefferson Davis was one person and was going to be drafted by some team from the south.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They already have statues up for him, or they did I think.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
Overall I like the moves. I’m a proponent of trading back and then trading up (similar to 2018).
I’m picking on you here though, I don’t like the 1.32 to 2.8 for that late of a pick. You lose a 5th year option there also. I’d consider it for a late 3rd rounder or 3rd Comp etc..
Yeah it’s not ideal, but actually yields a higher return when basing on the point value chart.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's never too early for mocks.

I like Fackrell, but I'm hearing that he's generating interest from teams in the Top 15 as a potential starter after his 10 sack performance last year. $4M will be better spent elsewhere and my next mock will illustrate why. I think we can find a replacement in the Draft with better upside for pennies on the dollar.

Taylor has no value outside of maybe a 6th-7th.

I don't see Corey Littleton as the answer to replacing Martinez....he's better yes; but I think we can do better in the long run in the Draft.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see Corey Littleton as the answer to replacing Martinez....he's better yes; but I think we can do better in the long run in the Draft.

If he better than an ILB that has been a tackling machine (franchise record)....we would be morons to not see if fiscally it can be done.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tackles are perhaps the most overrated/misleading defensive stat.

Eh...to a degree I 100% understand your point, but I was going so far the other way from what I also felt was an utter underselling of what Blake has provided. There is a true value to knowing precisely what your ILB can and will do, and to be fair he does it quite well. I am of the camp not to resign him, but also pray at MINIMUM we find someone that can play as consistent as he has.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
MOCK 2.0

Projected Cap- 31 million

Trade- Lane Taylor for a 5th (+ 4 million)
Sign- Bulaga 2 year 16 million with 10 million in guarantees and 8 million against the cap
Sign- Tyler Ervin 2 year 2.4 million
Sign- Mason Crosby 2 year 8 million

Bring in Tonyan, Kumerow, Sullivan and Lazard to camp (all ERFA)

• Down to ~27 million
  • ~6 million for rookies
  • Leaves us with ~21 million
  • Sign Corey Littleton to a 4 year 30 million (10 million against the cap)
  • Sign Jordan Phillips to a 3 year 19 million contract (5 million against next years cap)

Packers 2020 Mock draft:

1.30 (Trade to NYG for 2.4 and 4.4)

2.4- WR Justin Jefferson (LSU)- Ceedee Lamb and Jerry Juedy are long gone. Justin Jefferson has the best hands out of any WR in this draft class.

2.30- RB Jonathan Taylor (Wisconsin)- Do the packers need a running back in the second round? No. But JT is the BAP. Adding a north to south runner would give both Williams a run for their money. Aaron Jones and Jonathon Taylor would give Rodgers a dynamic backfield.

3.30- OT Trey Adams (Washington)- Massive wall of a player. He would be a first round pick if he did not have an injury concern. May have a steal or an injury bust here, but maybe worth it.

4.4 (via trade with NYG)- WR KJ Hill (Ohio State)- Shifty slot WR that could add value to the return game. We saw what Mecole Haridman could do, KJ Hill was actually more versatile, with less speed.

4.30- Edge Nick Cole (Auburn)- I feel confident with anyone developing behind the Smith brothers.

5.10 (via trade for Lane Taylor) S Kyle Dugger (Lenoir-Rhyne)- Great athlete to bring in the locker room to compete. Overall a very good teammate and a two time captain at a school I have never heard of.

5.30 OG John Simpson (Clemson)

6.30 DL Tyler Clark (Georgia)- Big guy playing for a big school.

7.10 (Traded with Browns)- TE Josiah Deguara (Cinncitinatti)- Pass catching TE that had some success. Do not know if it will translate into the NFL, but willing to give him a shot.

7.22 (Traded with Bills)- C Matt Hennessy (Temple)

7.29 (From Titans)- NT Darrion Daniels (Nebraska)

7.28 (From Baltimore)- CB Jaron Bryan (Fresno State)

Grode80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finding a home for Lane Taylor will be tough even for oline hungry teams. As for the draft I really want to get Derrick Brown from Auburn, if he falls. Or Javon Kinlaw out of South Carolina. Both of whom are DT that the Packers desperately need for run support. With as deep of a class the receivers are I think the Packers can afford to wait till the third round to get their guy. I’d prefer we go after a receiver in free agency. Robby Andersen from the Jets, young and would be a cheaper option. Or the more expensive option would be Amari Cooper. Though Amari would take the worst receiving corps to the most lethal and youngest. So pick your poison.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
Finding a home for Lane Taylor will be tough even for oline hungry teams. As for the draft I really want to get Derrick Brown from Auburn, if he falls. Or Javon Kinlaw out of South Carolina. Both of whom are DT that the Packers desperately need for run support. With as deep of a class the receivers are I think the Packers can afford to wait till the third round to get their guy. I’d prefer we go after a receiver in free agency. Robby Andersen from the Jets, young and would be a cheaper option. Or the more expensive option would be Amari Cooper. Though Amari would take the worst receiving corps to the most lethal and youngest. So pick your poison.
While I do love Derrick Brown and if he fell to 30 he is a no brainer, I cannot really justify paying guys like Robby Andersen and Amari Cooper, with how deep this WR draft class is. With a first or second round pick, you could potentially get a guy that is better than either of those players for 1/15th of the cost.

Grode80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I do love Derrick Brown and if he fell to 30 he is a no brainer, I cannot really justify paying guys like Robby Andersen and Amari Cooper, with how deep this WR draft class is. With a first or second round pick, you could potentially get a guy that is better than either of those players for 1/15th of the cost.
See that’s also why I think they could go after them since the class is so deep, but I totally get what you’re saying. I just want another championship all around team.

Grode80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also I do just want to say if Amari Cooper is a legit possibility for the Packers they cannot pass him up. He is a legit pro bowl caliber receiver not even in the prime of his career. He is still under 25 I believe. If they can realistically afford him I say go for it IMO.

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Draftblaster's mock as far as positions go. Let Linsley go and use the cash that we would have to pay him and use for FA. Draft the best center at #30 or trade back to top of 2nd R if possible for a center. Then an OT in 2nd R. if there's 1 they believe is starter material.
Reason is, AR needs to stay upright and not as mobile as b4. If he goes down, we at least need the best o-line possible for whomever comes in to at least have a chance.
We just drafted 3 WR's, at least 1 should break out and Lazard seems productive.
I'd use as much cash for Def. FA's as possible. Without Linsley, Graham and a few others, they should be able to bolster the defense.
Maybe we find another receiver in the later rounds but if we greatly improve our defense, our offense should be good enough to win for now.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
MOCK 3.0 (Post-Combine)

Projected Cap- 25 million

Trade- Lane Taylor for a 6th (+ 4 million)
Sign- Tyler Ervin 2 year 2.4 million

Bring in Tonyan, Kumerow, Sullivan and Lazard to camp (all ERFA)

• Down to ~29 million
  • ~6 million for rookies
  • Leaves us with ~23 million
  • Sign Jordan Phillips to a 3 year 19 million contract (7 million against this years cap)
  • Re-sign Aaron Jones to a 4 year 50 million contract (12 against this years cap). Doing this early could save 10 million and the risk of losing him.

Packers 2020 Mock draft:

1.30- TRADE TO JAGUARS for 2.42 and 4.106, give 6.170

2.42- Justin Jefferson WR. In my mock draft he was somehow still available. In my opinion he is the second best WR in this draft behind Juedy. He seems like the complete package. Reminds me a lot of Davante Adams, but more polished that DA was coming out of college. He provides an immediate upgrade to this offense.

2.62- Cole Kmet TE. Pass catching TE that should pair nicely with Jace Sternberger. Another weapon for Rodgers.

3.94- Ben Bartch OT. Small school, massive offensive tackle that be a long term answer for RT.

4.106- Akeem Davis Gaither LB. Could become a quality starting ILB. He is an athletic beast.

4.126- Soloman Kindley IOL. G/C that could provide the team with some quality depth in the interior.

5.157- Myles Bryant, CB. Small, quick, nickle CB that could replace Tramon Williams. His size is a concern, but overall he kind of reminds me of Mycah Hyde.

6.189- Antoine Brooks, S. Pair Savage with a former teammate and it could be a match made in heaven. Amos is solid, but adding another rotational safety could be beneficial.

7.201- AJ Dillion, RB. Doubt he makes it this far, but if he does, Dillion is a FORCE. I got to see him play live a few times at BC and he is just a relentless monster.

7.219- Robert Landers, IDL.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like all these players, nice job.

I think Jefferson goes late first and Kindley goes late 2nd/early 3rd. So hitting those picks would make this a tremendous draft.

Not a fan of paying a RB that much money. Like Jones a lot, but you cant pay a RB that much and I dont think he will command that much.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like all these players, nice job.

I think Jefferson goes late first and Kindley goes late 2nd/early 3rd. So hitting those picks would make this a tremendous draft.

Kindley is not lasting past the 3rd in ANY world IMO.

Members online

Latest posts