watch "Last day at Lambeau"

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure what motivates you to run off a poster that has knowledge and is obviously a fan. Apparently, you do not like the opinion.

Others on this site degrade, run their mouths without fact and real insight. However, their opinion is relevant because of their beliefs. Unfortunate.

Don't worry, nobody is going to run me off. Especially haters or closed minded people on either side of an argument. I've said time after time that both Favre and the Packers made mistakes, that's not good enough for some people, as you predicted at the very beginning in some peoples mind TT is god, Favre is Satan, I'm sure in some people mind the inverse is true. I hold the franchise management to higher standards of ethical behavior and intelligent decision making than I do an athlete. If some people who lived through the situation can't see mistakes that were made on the Packers part all the quotes and links and blah blah blah in the world will never change their mind. As Cowherd predicted, they are jilted lovers, and you can't have a logical non emotional conversation with a jilted lover.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't worry, nobody is going to run me off. Especially haters or closed minded people on either side of an argument. I've said time after time that both Favre and the Packers made mistakes, that's not good enough for some people, as you predicted at the very beginning in some peoples mind TT is god, Favre is Satan, I'm sure in some people mind the inverse is true. I hold the franchise management to higher standards of ethical behavior and intelligent decision making than I do an athlete. If some people who lived through the situation can't see mistakes that were made on the Packers part all the quotes and links and blah blah blah in the world will never change their mind. As Cowherd predicted, they are jilted lovers, and you can't have a logical non emotional conversation with a jilted lover.

1. At what point have I, won't speak for everyone, but I ever said "TT is god, Favre is Satan"?
2. So moving on from a 39 Yr old QB who had just thrown the NFC Championship away, retired, unretired, was given the opportunity to play for the Packers even after retiring, created a media frenzy around Packers training camp and Aaron Rodgers who had nothing to do with this decision to Aaron Rodgers all the while receiving Clay Matthews from moving on from said QB wasn't an intelligent decision? You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who agrees with that IMO.
3. Provide some and then we can discuss them.
4. You can't have a logical non emotional conversation with someone who is too emotionally invested in a player and can't see their faults. It's fine there's nothing wrong with that but when fact after fact after fact has been presented to you maybe it's time to take off the Favre glasses and look at what actually happened and maybe realize Favre may have acted like a jag.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hold the franchise management to higher standards of ethical behavior and intelligent decision making than I do an athlete. I.

That's good because THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU GOT out of the franchise management. That's the point.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If some people who lived through the situation can't see mistakes that were made on the Packers part all the quotes and links and blah blah blah in the world will never change their mind. As Cowherd predicted, they are jilted lovers, and you can't have a logical non emotional conversation with a jilted lover.

Oh well. Whose fault was it that Packers' management was put in position to make any mistakes? Not theirs! Favre did not ask for a trade in February. He never asked for a trade EVER, prior to uh, retiring on March 8. He asked for a trade in AUGUST - long after the team moved on with Rodgers, based on Favre's OWN DECISION to retire. I fail to see where there's any debate or discrepancies here. It's all there in black and white print. It sure seems to me as though you are advocating that he should be given a pass "because he's Brett Favre". Just like Mike Sherman "gave him a pass", every time he ruined yet another season with his sandlot junkyard water balloon slingshot festivals.

Jilted lover? Would you call an ex-wife who was crappy at things, "jilted"? No. You kick her to the curb and get someone better. Favre walked away all on his own doing. He made the Packers' job easy. Then, he showed up uninvited and instigated everything that this conversation is all about. There's no gray area here, dude. It's all quite clear!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I never once said brett is to blame bor are the packers. Both sides handled it wrong.

I gave examples on how Brett looked spoiled (wanted ted to be honest but brett wasnt honest with ted. Example is brett told ted "great" when ted would ship the locker down. Yet brett went on prime time news cast and told the nation how he really felt about it.

Then when asked about revenge he said no. Then next year said, it was to stick it to ted

Those are just two examples how I feel brett embarrassed himself.

So whAt story or stories would you have to show the other side??

Not what you "think" was done, but facts.

That is why I asked for quotes or interviews. There is no denying things that way.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Fyi

I was a mod on Bretts forum and towed the line and was blind to anything negative to Brett

When I started to see things that didnt make sense I got booted from there and all the friends I made over there stopped talking to me because I questioned things.

I once thought Brett *** god and ted was satan ;)

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fyi

I was a mod on Bretts forum and towed the line and was blind to anything negative to Brett

When I started to see things that didnt make sense I got booted from there and all the friends I made over there stopped talking to me because I questioned things.

I once thought Brett *** god and ted was satan ;)

My (and Herd's) point precisely. . I take Favre for what he was, a great athlete who played his heart out for his team, whether they be ole Miss, Green Bay, NYJ, the Queens, that's what great football players do. He was a great Packer while he was here. If you think Green Bay handled his departure well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, I do not share it. I've given specific examples of what they did which was unwise and worse unethical. I don't think any GM out there is saying......oh wow I hope when our franchise QB is at the end of his string we can handle it as well as Green Bay did. To those who say "oh well he should have just stayed retired", in the real world people can and do change their minds all the time, I don't hold that against anyone.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To those who say "oh well he should have just stayed retired", in the real world people can and do change their minds all the time, I don't hold that against anyone.

Fair enough and for the everyday average joe, that is true. BUT ... this wasn't the average joe changing his mind from a Chevy to a Ford. This particular mind-changing caused a ripple effect that got absolutely out of control and it was wrong. It put the team and its management in a horrible position (one it did not ask for, by the way). It disrupted the head coach's training camp, it completely disrespected Rodgers, and worse - it badly divided the fan base. All BS - all of it.

Look - I've been a die-hard fan since Lynn ****ey. I'm grateful and thankful for all the great things Favre did in his day. He and Reggie White changed everything. Favre absolutely dominated the Bears and for me, having been born/raised in Illinois, I'll be forever grateful for that. At the same time - I was at the Giants NFC title game and personally, I'd just had it. Done. Ready to move on. I was ecstatic when he retired and then was livid when he tried to come back. My feelings and thoughts on all this are not gospel. I'm not saying I'm right, either. But at the end of the day, if you want me to blame Packers management for what went down - I don't and I won't. They were forced to make irrational decisions, completely instigated by a selfish and self-absorbed irrational person. That's my take on that.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
My (and Herd's) point precisely. . I take Favre for what he was, a great athlete who played his heart out for his team, whether they be ole Miss, Green Bay, NYJ, the Queens, that's what great football players do. He was a great Packer while he was here. If you think Green Bay handled his departure well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, I do not share it. I've given specific examples of what they did which was unwise and worse unethical. I don't think any GM out there is saying......oh wow I hope when our franchise QB is at the end of his string we can handle it as well as Green Bay did. To those who say "oh well he should have just stayed retired", in the real world people can and do change their minds all the time, I don't hold that against anyone.

Brett was GREAT and prob the best to ever play the game

But that has no bearing on my issues with posters that only blame the Packers..

Ill start by things you said, that I would like more explaining from you to help me understand your side..

(the commissioner had to intervene and publicly explain Favre's contractual status and status under the collective bargaining agreement, and instruct Packer Management to stop being ridiculous)

This is the type of stuff I am talking about..I "assume" your opinion is the commish thought it was ridiculous..so is there a link quoting him to show me different?

This showed it was over a week that the commish tried to stay out of it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3517219

Commissioner Roger Goodell had held off on granting Favre's request for reinstatement for nearly a week, hoping Favre and the team could resolve their standoff.

Hardly something the commish would say IF he thought the Packers were ridiculous.

Planting stories that the Vikings had tampered, the league investigated and cleared the ViQueens. Planting stories that Favre had a secret cell phone (part of the whole "tampering" smear.) every day there was a new stupid action by the Packers

After reading this, can you elaborate your claim on how the Pack planted the story?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...rous-being-Brett-Favre-s-friend?urn=nfl,94315

But we'll start with Darrell Bevell, a friend of Favre's, a former coach of Favre's and currently the offensive coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings. He's at the center of the tampering allegations that the Packers have filed against the Vikings.

Meanwhile, ESPN.com has confirmed that the Packers have filed tampering charges with the NFL against the Minnesota Vikings, alleging "inappropriate dialogue" with offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, a close friend of Favre's and a former Packers assistant.

The Vikings, according to a source, are expected to contend Bevell may have had conversations with Favre as a friend but had no involvement in discussing a job with the Vikings.

It's only tampering if Bevell talked with Favre about potentially playing for the Vikings. Even though Bevell is employed by the Vikings, it's perfectly legal for he and Favre to talk about anything else, like beard stubble that always seems to be the same length, Wrangler jeans, or what it might be like to re-enact the spaghetti scene from Lady and the ***** with John Madden.

It's hard to envision the existence of any conclusive proof that Favre and his pal Bevell talked about putting #4 in a purple uniform. It's a fun little twist in the story, but I don't see anything real coming of it.

On to another Favre friend, James Campen, who probably isn't a Favre friend anymore. Campen is the Packers offensive line coach, and Favre, during an unaired portion of his interview with Greta van Susteren, said that Campen told him something interesting.

"He says, 'You know, I know they told you they're moving on and playing there's not an option," Favre said, according to a full transcript of the interview obtained by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "Playing here in Green Bay is not an option, which that's what they want. They want to move on. But I'm telling you, if you reinstate or you force their hand, back them in a corner, they feel like they have no other option, they're going to accept you back.'

"And he said, 'Just telling you.' And I said, 'OK.'"
If Campen did say that, I'm sure he really appreciates Brett Favre passing it along to his ladyfriend Greta on FOX News. That could cost Campen his job, couldn't it? At the very least, it has to earn him the scorn of a lot of higher-ups in the Packers organization.

Most people knew Brett was talking to Bevell .....The Packers did nothing wrong by having the league investigate this..

This was the same time frame that Bretts inner circle business partner and owner of Bretts web site stated that Brett would come out of the tunnel in GB wearing purple..

Are you aware that the league gets MANY calls about illegal things going on, but the league only investigates a very very very small amount? So for the league to look into it, there had to evidence supplied by the Pack to make the league take notice

Did Brett throw Campen under the bus by airing their private convo to FOX news???? Campen was a friend, and their convo should have been kept private..To me that was embarrassing for Brett..

FINALLY pulled their head out of their butt to trade him (at a bargain basement price at this point due to their bungling)

They didnt want him to go to Minny, or Det, or Chicago...We all knew that...

He wanted to go to Tampa, and had convos with Gruden the night before which was all made public..and there were deals on him going to Tampa...
But we all know how tight Ted is with draft picks..So WHY would he only accept a bargain basement price from the Jets? If the Bucs wanted Brett ( I believe Gruden REALLY wanted him) why didnt they offer more then the Jets?

What bungling are you referring to?

It was embarrassing as a Packer fan to read how terrified they were at the prospect of ever having to face this guy again

And yes they tried to bury him in a place where they never would have to play him...Most teams would do that....He was still a very good q/b so WHY would they want to face him??

Why was it embarrassing to you, to read they were terrified?

Btw, I think terrifiing was never mentioned by MM or Ted..Something else I think was your opinion and not a quoted word...When you say those things, you are implying that it was a fact..

Management should have competently handled the situation without the kind of ****** cowardly theatrics I mentioned above ( and more ). They did not.

****** theatrics?? By trading him to a team they wouldnt face?

Wouldnt ****** theatrics be Brett going on FOX news and tossing a friend under the bus?

This is where I would like your train of thought on why Brett airing all of this is not theatrical, but the Packers, who only released a time line, is call ******

Does Favre warrant criticism? Yes he does, this thread is not about Favre peeves, it's about Packer peeves. I expect management to meet certain standards of competence and ethical behavior, in the Favre episode they failed miserably. It was a sad chapter for the franchise. If anyone can honestly defend the way the Packers handled it, all along the way, I just can't relate to your way of thinking.

Brett was a Packer so it is a peeve,

Brett and the team were wrong in how it was handled..

Hell, even Brett himself said he was at fault..

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9351950/brett-favre-says-was-fault-messy-ending-green-bay-packers

It's over and done with. I was at fault. I feel that both sides had a part in it. If you could go back, would I or them have done things differently? I'm sure both sides would. But you can't

I am 100% in agreement with that..Both sides handled it wrong...VERY wrong..

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
real world people can and do change their minds all the time,

Brett "retired" from the Jets..His youngest daughter asked him was it for real this time..He told her yes, I am done playing.

Then he went to play for Minny..

I questioned on Bretts forum why did he lie about not retiring.

The owner of the forum, who was/is owner of Brett's memorabilia store, and has been a business partner with Brett since before the 96 season, told me
He changed his mind...It wasnt lying

Bt if he told his daughter, I am done, but still plays later that same year, isnt that a lie?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
MM and Brett were having that 6 hour meeting to figure things out..

On WSSP 1250 Milwaukee I believe Gary Ellerson, or Leroy Butler said this. It was apparent that Brett wanted to just complain about Ted and not try to fix the situation in the 6 hour meeting they had.

So MM had enough of it... Brett wouldnt get on the train to be with the team..Only wanted to complain about Ted.

So the train left with out him. Train has left the station..

Now that is what they reported, not sure how much is true, if any is..

But the amount of complaining Brett did about Ted on that FOX news show, in a more private setting, Brett very well could have been only interested in complaining about Ted..

Last edited:

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"real world people can and do change their minds all the time"

This is my favorite from brent fans. Like I said about 10 times now... in the "real world" if an employee pulled what brentint pulled he would have been fired long before he was and his former employers would have been sued for giving him special treatment.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM and Brett were having that 6 hour meeting to figure things out..

On WSSP 1250 Milwaukee I believe Gary Ellerson, or Leroy Butler said this.

It was apparent that Brett wanted to just complain about Ted and not try to fix the situation..

So MM had enough of it and Brett wouldnt get on the train to be with the team..Only wanted to complain about Ted.

So the train left with out him. Train has left the station..

Now that is what they reported, not sure how much is true, if any is..But the amount of complaining Brett did about Ted on that FOX news show, one would gather that in a much more private setting, Brett very well could have been only interested in complaining about Ted..

This was also talked about on "Last Day at Lambeau." This, to me, is the most incriminating mark against Brett in this whole thing. He was given the opportunity to come back and play even after everything that had already happened and chose not to.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T
"real world people can and do change their minds all the time"

This is my favorite from brent fans. Like I said about 10 times now... in the "real world" if an employee pulled what brentint pulled he would have been fired long before he was and his former employers would have been sued for giving him special treatment.
A) Football is a part of the real world, B) that certainly was his employers perogative

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was also talked about on "Last Day at Lambeau." This, to me, is the most incriminating mark against Brett in this whole thing. He was given the opportunity to come back and play even after everything that had already happened and chose not to.

So somebody said this (maybe), we're not sure who, we admittedly don't know if it's true or not........so these are the kind of quotes and links that should be brought to the discussion???...... No thanks, I'll just stick to the actual undisputed facts which were reported at the time

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So somebody said this (maybe), we're not sure who, we admittedly don't know if it's true or not........so these are the kind of quotes and links that should be brought to the discussion???...... No thanks, I'll just stick to the actual undisputed facts which were reported at the time

I believe it was Rob Demovsky who was the one who said this took place and even if it wasnt him it didnt come out of thin air. It was reported to have happened in the video by an actual reporter.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

So where are the real facts I asked over 4 times now?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Now sure why you need to be obstinate...

Ill explain AGAIN

I know it was Gary or Leroy, just can't recall..I did state that not sure if it is true. (like you saying Goodell said the Packers were ridiculous)

However given that it was said on the air, you would think they dont toss something like that on the air knowing it could get them fired..

BUT given the fact that Brett bad mouthed Ted on national news, someone can "Assume" that in a private meeting with MM, that it is reasonable to think Brett could go on and on to MM about Ted..

Last edited:

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His name is Brett, why say Brent all the time..

Its immature

about favrint? or the forum member? Is that a joke? I don't care to show that POS one ounce of respect that's why I do it. He is a world class POS that did his best to derail the Packers. He's scum for all of the reasons you yourself mention.

" Immature" is taking photos jackin off and sending them to some random sluttt while your cancer surviving wife sits home 1,000 miles away. ...contacting the Lions to give them our plays?!! ...I could go on for hours as could you... and we should be worried about being immature about calling this world class parasite names? Really? Is this some sort of joke? Am I on hidden video here? I am right? ok...where is it!? :laugh:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
about favrint? or the forum member? Is that a joke? I don't care to show that POS one ounce of respect that's why I do it. He is a world class POS that did his best to derail the Packers. He's scum for all of the reasons you yourself mention.

" Immature" is taking photos jackin off and sending them to some random sluttt while your cancer surviving wife sits home 1,000 miles away. ...contacting the Lions to give them our plays?!! ...I could go on for hours as could you... and we should be worried about being immature about calling this world class parasite names? Really? Is this some sort of joke? Am I on hidden video here? I am right? ok...where is it!? :laugh:

if you want Brett fans to have intelligent convos, you might want to start by using his real name.

Just a suggestion...You dont have to

BTW,

I would put 1000$ on the texting pic was not Brett

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe it was Rob Demovsky who was the one who said this took place and even if it wasnt him it didnt come out of thin air. It was reported to have happened in the video by an actual reporter.

They didnt talk about the same situation I brought up in LDAL

Lori Nikcles sort of mentioned it was cursing, yelling and screaming..But nothing about Brett bad mouthing Ted

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if you want Brett fans to have intelligent convos, you might want to start by using his real name.

Just a suggestion...You dont have to

BTW,

I would put 1000$ on the texting pic was not Brett

c'mon... let's not play games here. "Brett fans intelligent convos"? Be 100% honest. When was the last time you had an "intelligent convo" with a favrint fan? They always go exactly like the one you are having above.

Members online

Latest posts