watch "Last day at Lambeau"

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL's a business. Stuff happens. 3 time MVP, SB, HOF. Amazing.
That is only half the story. We only learned about the real brett at the end of his career. The other part of the equation is he was a spoiled little *****. He thought he was more important than the Packers and he committed himself to undermining the Packers. Not just playing for the Vikes to stick it to the Packers but also calling other teams to give em tips. Then we find out about texting pics of his ****; the lies; the defemation of TT's character etc.

You have asked 'when will people get over it?' Well, when are you going to get over the hero thing and realize he was a real piece of ****? Hey, I was as big a Brett fan as anyone. Autographed footballs, jerseys, pictures etc. I was able to admit I was wrong and that he didnt' deserve my respect. That fact that he still garners the respect and appreciation of some fans says more about those fans than perhaps of Favre himself.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colin Cowherd accurately predicted that the people who "loved" Favre the most would be crushed the hardest and act the most bitterly. I don't have an autograph, was always a Packer fan first , maybe that's why I can act more rationally. Vince Lombardi left Green Bay so did Jimmy Taylor . Lot of hate in some people, he was a quarterback, an athlete, a guy who plays for money not love of Green Bay. If you think it's different with anyone else on the roster past or present you're delusional. If you think you know things about Favre's marriage etc. bully for you, I don't read The Enquirer. Like the bogus tampering charges, the nfl investigated the most serious charges and found no evidence. But the bottom line is if you're a bitter jilted lover, no rational argument will matter, you're too emotional about the whole thing.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colin Cowherd accurately predicted that the people who "loved" Favre the most would be crushed the hardest and act the most bitterly. I don't have an autograph, was always a Packer fan first , maybe that's why I can act more rationally. Vince Lombardi left Green Bay so did Jimmy Taylor . Lot of hate in some people, he was a quarterback, an athlete, a guy who plays for money not love of Green Bay. If you think it's different with anyone else on the roster past or present you're delusional. If you think you know things about Favre's marriage etc. bully for you, I don't read The Enquirer. Like the bogus tampering charges, the nfl investigated the most serious charges and found no evidence. But the bottom line is if you're a bitter jilted lover, no rational argument will matter, you're too emotional about the whole thing.
Again, Brett referred to the Vikings as "We" when asked about the Vikings and the possibility of playing for them. This is before he was traded to NY. Fact is he already considered himself a Viking. Do you really think he didn't have conversations with the Vikings through some channels?

I hate the comparison to Vince Lombardi. The man retired and then realized he wanted to coach again. He did not think he should take the Packers back over because it wasn't fair to Benston. Had he cursed the Packers, vowed to get revenge, went to Walter Concrite and did an interview to make the Packer organization look bad, continually lied, then went to coach the Vikings so that he could stick it to the Packers THEN you might be able to draw a comparison. But Mr. Lombardi was a man of high character and honor. He chose a very respectful route to unretire.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Sherman was a decent coach. Got to the playoffs every year besides his last season. But his Draft picks were beyond ****.

I cant remember any notable picks Sherman got from the draft.
I recall some games where Sherman looked like an excellent coach, and some situations where he looked very poor. It was my opinion he was a very good coach, who just made a few mistakes that he could learn from. As far as a GM, well, he was better than Matt Millen.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Examples, telling Favre he could not come to camp (the commissioner had to intervene and publicly explain Favre's contractual status and status under the collective bargaining agreement, and instruct Packer Management to stop being ridiculous), that was embarrassing. sending somebody to Miss. to essentially try to bribe Favre to not play football again......ludicrous. Planting stories that the Vikings had tampered, the league investigated and cleared the ViQueens. Planting stories that Favre had a secret cell phone (part of the whole "tampering" smear.) every day there was a new stupid action by the Packers. Just announce that you're taking trade offers for,the guy and be done with it. Being so afraid to face Favre that when they finally, FINALLY pulled their head out of their butt to trade him (at a bargain basement price at this point due to their bungling) they tried to bury him in a place they would never have to face him again, understandable since the following year he beat them twice. It was embarrassing as a Packer fan to read how terrified they were at the prospect of ever having to face this guy again. Have the courage of your convictions, trade him, thank him for his years of service as a Packer, and with a square jaw and a set of balls say you look forward to competing against him down the road. Good lord the whole way the situation was mishandled was pathetic. Anyone who says the franchise handled the situation "well" in my opinion needs to have their head examined. And those who keep whining about " oh yeah but Brett hit me first" you sound like 5 year olds. Management should have competently handled the situation without the kind of ****** cowardly theatrics I mentioned above ( and more ). They did not. Does Favre warrant criticism? Yes he does, this thread is not about Favre peeves, it's about Packer peeves. I expect management to meet certain standards of competence and ethical behavior, in the Favre episode they failed miserably. It was a sad chapter for the franchise. If anyone can honestly defend the way the Packers handled it, all along the way, I just can't relate to your way of thinking.

Links? Or interviews (both sides did things that were wrong) packers being ridiculous is your opinion not a fact from the commish.

Cell phone, yes true. However the packers issued cell phones to players.

Campen who was a friend of his was aware of Brett wanting to go to the vikings.. But the nfl didnt look at his personel cell

To say Campen went down to bribe him is a lie.

Mark Murphy going down was not a bribe either...That deal was offered in Jan before the Giants playoff game and Andrew Brandt mentioned it in a post back then on NFLP

Brett himself in interview with his friend Al Jones said it wasnt a bribe, then the next week to ESPN Nichols? Claimed it was a bribe.. Who do you believe? The Brett to Jones or to Nichols

Again where are your links or interviews from the packers?

There are more than a few interviews, quotes, and prime time ( complaining)

Why is it Brett complained Ted "lied" about certain things, yet Brett wasnt truthfull.

Not telling Ted that he was hurt about the locker, or not asking him back. If Brett had the right to be mad towards Ted for being untruthful, then why wasnt Brett truthful Ted?

Last edited:

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Examples, telling Favre he could not come to camp (the commissioner had to intervene and publicly explain Favre's contractual status and status under the collective bargaining agreement, and instruct Packer Management to stop being ridiculous), that was embarrassing. sending somebody to Miss. to essentially try to bribe Favre to not play football again......ludicrous. Planting stories that the Vikings had tampered, the league investigated and cleared the ViQueens. Planting stories that Favre had a secret cell phone (part of the whole "tampering" smear.) every day there was a new stupid action by the Packers. Just announce that you're taking trade offers for,the guy and be done with it. Being so afraid to face Favre that when they finally, FINALLY pulled their head out of their butt to trade him (at a bargain basement price at this point due to their bungling) they tried to bury him in a place they would never have to face him again, understandable since the following year he beat them twice. It was embarrassing as a Packer fan to read how terrified they were at the prospect of ever having to face this guy again. Have the courage of your convictions, trade him, thank him for his years of service as a Packer, and with a square jaw and a set of balls say you look forward to competing against him down the road. Good lord the whole way the situation was mishandled was pathetic. Anyone who says the franchise handled the situation "well" in my opinion needs to have their head examined. And those who keep whining about " oh yeah but Brett hit me first" you sound like 5 year olds. Management should have competently handled the situation without the kind of ****** cowardly theatrics I mentioned above ( and more ). They did not. Does Favre warrant criticism? Yes he does, this thread is not about Favre peeves, it's about Packer peeves. I expect management to meet certain standards of competence and ethical behavior, in the Favre episode they failed miserably. It was a sad chapter for the franchise. If anyone can honestly defend the way the Packers handled it, all along the way, I just can't relate to your way of thinking.

AKCheese
Did you get my conversation (private message) on packer forum last Saturday morning? I did not receive a reply from you
Forget about Pet peeve excuse. This will not on packer forum topic pet peeve. This is using conversation (private message) function. I'm waiting for your reply.!!

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
4. Paying off Favre to stay retired. Another lie by Brett. The endorsement package that he turned down was offered and had been negotiated for the last several months PRIOR to his un-retiring.

Bretts camp sure did a great job planting lies and twisting the truth about that.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is only half the story. We only learned about the real brett at the end of his career. The other part of the equation is he was a spoiled little *****. He thought he was more important than the Packers and he committed himself to undermining the Packers. Not just playing for the Vikes to stick it to the Packers but also calling other teams to give em tips. Then we find out about texting pics of his ****; the lies; the defemation of TT's character etc.

You have asked 'when will people get over it?' Well, when are you going to get over the hero thing and realize he was a real piece of ****? Hey, I was as big a Brett fan as anyone. Autographed footballs, jerseys, pictures etc. I was able to admit I was wrong and that he didnt' deserve my respect. That fact that he still garners the respect and appreciation of some fans says more about those fans than perhaps of Favre himself.
I get it. There no merit to my opinion and I'm a Favre ball licker.

Thanks!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
that was embarrassing. sending somebody to Miss. to essentially try to bribe Favre to not play football again......ludicrous. .

Which was more embarrassing

Were the Packers during the Brett saga, or
Brett being fined by the league for his actions in dealing with the texting investigation

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre, or somebody like him doesn't come along, the Packers would (still) be perennial doormats. If the Packers had not had the resurgence Favre made possible, no Reggie White, no Super Bowl, probably no Aaron Rodgers, who knows, maybe we'd have won the Ryan Leaf sweepstakes, it's totally impossible to tell. I suppose we also could have wound up with Peyton Manning. Also without the Favre led resurgence it's highly highly doubtful the taxpayers would have voted to fund a renovation of Lambeau. In that case Lambeau would be one of the biggest dumps in the NFL instead of one of,the better stadiums. So as somebody who lived through the Lombardi years as well as the dark ages, I'm very very grateful to everything Favre did for the Packers to help make them the standout franchise they are today. He's an imperfect human being, as are we all, but he was a great great Packer and an even greater football player.

This entire post is speculative. Here's what I do know, without TT and the way he MANAGED the Favre situation, for sure no Aaron Rodgers (without TT no Aaron Rodgers period), no '07 NFC Championship game which Favre blew, no '10 Super Bowl, and no perrennial playoff team like we currently have.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not telling Ted that he was hurt about the locker, or not asking him back.

I would have shipped his locker to Mississippi, locked him inside the damn thing and bolted it to the concourse of the local high school. That way, there would have been no circus, no BS, just harmony, peace and quiet in Green Bay. But, alas ... then we wouldn't have had the joy of watching Tracy Porter. So, never mind.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have shipped his locker to Mississippi, locked him inside the damn thing and bolted it to the concourse of the local high school. That way, there would have been no circus, no BS, just harmony, peace and quiet in Green Bay. But, alas ... then we wouldn't have had the joy of watching Tracy Porter. So, never mind.

lol.... :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Exactly...during that game...I kept joking with the people I was watching the game with...I kept saying "wait for it"..."wait for it"..."wait for it"... ... My buddy goes wait for what? I said, "for brent to gag on his tongue and end his team's season!" .... "wait for it"..."wait for it"..."wait for it"... Then - announcer: "Tracy Porter picks off Favre's pass thrown across his body"! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: FAN-Fricken-TASTIC

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol.... :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Exactly...during that game...I kept joking with the people I was watching the game with...I kept saying "wait for it"..."wait for it"..."wait for it"... ... My buddy goes wait for what? I said, "for brent to gag on his tongue and end his team's season!" .... "wait for it"..."wait for it"..."wait for it"... Then - announcer: "Tracy Porter picks off Favre's pass thrown across his body"! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: FAN-Fricken-TASTIC
Burp

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score

"I don't believe this. I can't believe what I just saw. All you had to do was run with it and it's a first down. Are you kidding me??? This isn't Detroit, man, this is the Super Bowl"!!!

Karma is known to work wonders and this was an absolute brilliant depiction of it. Hands-down, bar none, one of the greatest things I've ever seen and the only person I could think of, was Ted Thompson. Vindicated in every sense of the word.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Links or interviews of what? Man I thought I'd find intelligent interesting packer info here and it's a bunch of guys linking and interviewing still trying to resolve their Favre breakup.... Get a life fellas..... Seriously

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Links or interviews of what? Man I thought I'd find intelligent interesting packer info here and it's a bunch of guys linking and interviewing still trying to resolve their Favre breakup.... Get a life fellas..... Seriously

Whatever. What "breakup" are you referring to? Last I recall, one guy retired and the other guy subsequently took over and everything would have been just fine and quiet, but instead ...

:whistling:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

You said Pack embarrassed themselves, and that is your opinion...But are there interviews, or quotes where they did embarrass themselves?

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You said Pack embarrassed themselves, and that is your opinion...But are there interviews, or quotes where they did embarrass themselves?
Not sure what motivates you to run off a poster that has knowledge and is obviously a fan. Apparently, you do not like the opinion.

Others on this site degrade, run their mouths without fact and real insight. However, their opinion is relevant because of their beliefs. Unfortunate.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure what motivates you to run off a poster that has knowledge and is obviously a fan. Apparently, you do not like the opinion.

Others on this site degrade, run their mouths without fact and real insight. However, their opinion is relevant because of their beliefs. Unfortunate.

Not trying to run anyone off at all, this is a forum to discuss opinions..I gave quotes and interviews on why I feel Brett embarrassed himself...

Just wondering how someone on the other side comes to their conclusion.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Real insight? and their opinion is not relevant? I guess I should have just "burped" at his post, like you did?

Relax it is a joke

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
This from someone who posted 12 times previous to this post on this thread and twice on the "watch Last Day at Lambeau" thread. So of his 18 posts, 15 are on the topic of Favre. So seriously, who needs to get a life? And OCBP apparently believes asking a poster to substantiate his claims equals an attempt to “run him off”. Unfortunate.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This from someone who posted 12 times previous to this post on this thread and twice on the "watch Last Day at Lambeau" thread. So of his 18 posts, 15 are on the topic of Favre. So seriously, who needs to get a life? And OCBP apparently believes asking a poster to substantiate his claims equals an attempt to “run him off”. Unfortunate.

I have no problem with AK having an opinion but as I've said, the pro-Packers opinions here regarding this situation have all been based on factual evidence and not emotion as AK's opinion appears to be. IF he had some factual evidence to support his opinion it would be more valued IMO.

OCBP just loves to disagree for reaction.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, cracks me up. There's two groups of people ... those who see it all for what it really was ... and those who actually went out and bought a #4 Jets jersey and, in some ridiculous circumstances, a #4 Vikings jersey.

Anyone been to Lambeau Field in the past few years? How many Favre jerseys do you actually see people wearing? One? Two? Likewise, go to a Bears game and how many people do you see wearing Walter Payton jerseys? Hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds. There's a right way to retire and a wrong way to retire, not to mention burning your legacy at the stake. End of story, speaks volumes.

Last edited:

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problem with AK having an opinion but as I've said, the pro-Packers opinions here regarding this situation have all been based on factual evidence and not emotion as AK's opinion appears to be. IF he had some factual evidence to support his opinion it would be more valued IMO.

OCBP just loves to disagree for reaction.

Exactly... it's comical... the Packers released the timeline for people like these guys that have a hard time following anything longer than the past 10 minutes. Said it before and I'll say it again... it takes a special kind of non-analytical person to be this far out of the brent Favrint supporter wing.

Members online

Latest posts