Was Starks saved for the playoffs?

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I almost feel like Mccarthy and company saved Starks for the playoffs. Anyone else agree or disagree?

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think it was a matter of circumstance...that's a tough call for a HC to give the ball to a 6th round pick Rook! He obviously has impressed in practice to get that kind of responsibility!

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Disagree, I really think they needed to see some effort at practice, because you need to have your head on straight whether it be in game, or in practices. The coaches needed starks to get it in his head that you cant get special treatment, no matter how good you may be.

Reaction score
After we had our bye week and after he came off the pup list i thought he was going to save our running game. I don't think we specifically saved him for the playoffs considering we had to work our way into the playoffs but it almost seems that way

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We needed the last 2 games to make it to the playoffs. If GB kept out a player who could help to save him for the playoffs, that would have been a bit foolish.

I think it was a matter of circumstance.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I want to say coincidence, Starks had a great game versus 49er's (loved how he was shown in throwback colors when they showed his stats btw) and then against the Eagles. I think they ran him versus the Bears and as we know they are a defensive luck team and was prepared for any kind of offensive game we have. It just so turned out that when we needed a new weapon we found one. We know every team studies each other, and well with Starks thrown in he is the x factor. X being the unprepared for. What I am happy for is having the bone formation and how well its working for us.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks SEEMS better than Ryan Grant.

So much vision, strenght and power.

Thing is, he didn't know the full playbook, he only knew a handful of plays. That's what MM said about practicing better. It's not that he didn't practice hard. But the coaches needed him to study the playbook AFTER PRACTICES WERE OVER.

You see this game, and last game against Eagles, he knew much more plays.

He's money blocking, BTW. What a find Starks is...

Members online

Latest posts