Was it really any surprise?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everytime Burnt (Old) Fart threw an incomplete I breathed a little sigh of relief.
He had his best year (Oh - So now he does after becoming a Viqueen) and all season long he only threw 7 INTs which was a new low for him.

So on the one hand I expected him to do better.
On the other the INT was kinda a shocker yet it's typical in the play off game.
What do you think?
Why, after having a great year, does Burp all of a sudden blow it like that? :russian_roulette:

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I was shocked. It just felt like it was his year. I thought for sure that last drive would result in Longwell sending them to Miami.

I was thrilled to see him finally, mercifully, revert back to his Green Bay ways at the end. After watching him play mistake free and fantastic all year, it was nice to see the Favre we had peek his head out there for a (very crucial) second.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I was shocked. It just felt like it was his year. I thought for sure that last drive would result in Longwell sending them to Miami.

I was thrilled to see him finally, mercifully, revert back to his Green Bay ways at the end. After watching him play mistake free and fantastic all year, it was nice to see the Favre we had peek his head out there for a (very crucial) second.
Only thing that would have been better would of been if it was a pick 6... But beggars can't be choosers... I liked the outcome just fine.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've been waiting all year for him to blow up like usual, that the Queens fans were so in denial would ever happen. But yet, somehow, we all knew it would happen.. just had to be on the biggest brightest stage..

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PUAgITZfq0&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - 034.AVI[/ame]

Enjoy... This man's pain used to be our pain!!! You live by the favre you die by the favre.... CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!!! Today I feel like my house has been filled with nitrous oxide.... :) :viksux:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
OH man, that is awesome! Glad it's another team that gets to experience the FARVE EXPERIENCE! Good riddance.

Awesome vid.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcF4Myk-p9o]YouTube - Vikings Vs Saints *I HATE U BRETT FARVE * Jan 24, 2010[/ame]

YOU RUINED MY LIFE BRETT FARVE!!

I like the banner at the beginner saying the Packers can have him back... Ugh...NO THANK YOU!

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I truly believe the reason he is not playing in Green Bay is because his legend was uncoachable, to play within himself. Yet for most of the season he did just that and had one hell of a year.

IMO Childress lost that game because of the legend, the very reason Green Bay had to say good bye.

I would have put in the back up when BF could hardly get off the field, but that was not an option due to the legend. For sure in over time because of fatigue, I would have put in J. Jackson with his fresh legs. Yet because of the legend it did not happen.

So in over time they went with a 40 year old, beaten up all game, extremely fatigued (could see it in his eyes), who was not in sound mind. All they needed, with A GREAT kicker, was a field goal to win, but the game really wasn't about the vikings, but the legend.

It was going to be a BF story of the ages, or nothing at all. The vikings had enough talent without BF to make that field goal, but the legend comes first.

And this my fellow Packer fans is why the train had left the building, live and die by the legend.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, where's all the Favre ball washers now? You know, the ones who claimed Favre wasn't gonna make the same mistakes? The ones who claimed that, had we had him, we too would have been where Minny is?

Yeah, thanks but no thanks. I'm glad for who we have.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I truly believe the reason he is not playing in
IMO Childress lost that game because of the legend, the very reason Green Bay had to say good bye.

And Childress parlayed this year into a contract extension!! Wayne Fontes has been reincarnated and he now coaches in Minnesota!!! Bwaaaa haaaa haaaa haaaa haaa!

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Childress parlayed this year into a contract extension!! Wayne Fontes has been reincarnated and he now coaches in Minnesota!!! Bwaaaa haaaa haaaa haaaa haaa!

From a financial side of things Childress is a winner this year, but I truly believe that in the back of the coaches mind he new he was taking a big risk with BF in overtime and that J. Jackson would be the better option. But the legend overrides the coach.

The vikings are in a tough position now, they have two unproven QB's and the whole "is he coming back thing". Even if he does retire, J. Jackson has a couple of bad games in preseason, fans will be cheering for BF again.

I am so glad the Packers are done with that and A-rod has bright and long future.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I am so glad the Packers are done with that and A-rod has bright and long future.

Yeah, it's really really refreshing to not have to worry about the Bert Faver circus coming to town next year in GB.

The king is dead, long live the king.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
From a financial side of things Childress is a winner this year, but I truly believe that in the back of the coaches mind he new he was taking a big risk with BF in overtime and that J. Jackson would be the better option. But the legend overrides the coach.

The vikings are in a tough position now, they have two unproven QB's and the whole "is he coming back thing". Even if he does retire, J. Jackson has a couple of bad games in preseason, fans will be cheering for BF again.

Sorry, but Janet Jackson does not play for the Vikings. And as far a being unproven, T. Jackson actually has a winning record. And has been improving each year. Will he get his chance to prove it? I doubt it. Rodgers was un-proven before the 08 season, the Packers started him. Oh, funny thing, he has the same post-season record as Rodgers. 0-1

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, but Janet Jackson does not play for the Vikings. And as far a being unproven, T. Jackson actually has a winning record. And has been improving each year. Will he get his chance to prove it? I doubt it. Rodgers was un-proven before the 08 season, the Packers started him. Oh, funny thing, he has the same post-season record as Rodgers. 0-1
Okay. Do you believe T Jax is the answer, and that he's even close to be as good as Rodgers????

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I truly believe the reason he is not playing in Green Bay is because his legend was uncoachable, to play within himself. Yet for most of the season he did just that and had one hell of a year.

I would have put in the back up when BF could hardly get off the field, but that was not an option due to the legend. For sure in over time because of fatigue, I would have put in J. Jackson with his fresh legs. Yet because of the legend it did not happen.

So in over time they went with a 40 year old, beaten up all game, extremely fatigued (could see it in his eyes), who was not in sound mind. All they needed, with A GREAT kicker, was a field goal to win, but the game really wasn't about the vikings, but the legend.

It was going to be a BF story of the ages, or nothing at all. The vikings had enough talent without BF to make that field goal, but the legend comes first.

And this my fellow Packer fans is why the train had left the building, live and die by the legend.
Good post.

Yeah and you can't bench the legend.
Which is probably one reason why the Pack let him go.
Childress should have learned from this and grown a pair and benched him.
Or not let him be on the team in the first place.
But I don't mind Fraud playing at all as long as he blows it!
So keep him out there coach! :pardon:

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been waiting all year for him to blow up like usual, that the Queens fans were so in denial would ever happen. But yet, somehow, we all knew it would happen.. just had to be on the biggest brightest stage..

YouTube - 034.AVI

Enjoy... This man's pain used to be our pain!!! You live by the favre you die by the favre.... CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!!! Today I feel like my house has been filled with nitrous oxide.... :) :viksux:

Glad it's another team that gets to experience the FARVE EXPERIENCE! Good riddance.

Awesome vid.

That used to be US... Any VIKING fan dumb enough to invest money in a #4 jersey deserved nothing less.

Yeah, where's all the Favre ball washers now? You know, the ones who claimed Favre wasn't gonna make the same mistakes? The ones who claimed that, had we had him, we too would have been where Minny is?
Were all the Viqueen fans literally born a couple yesterdays? Like on Sat. Jan 23 2010? Doing the Benjamin Button thing?
Did they not ever see or know how Burp blows it in big playoff games?
Or are they just so excited to have the QB from their rival team that they are too daft to see him for the loser that he is?
What a bunch of dumb arrogant idiots. :to_become_senile:

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just heard this one on Jim Rome is Burning

"Brett Favre and the Pick of Destiny!"

LOL:happy0005:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Latest posts