1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Walker vs. Jennings

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Greg C., Oct 17, 2006.

1. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's been torture watching Javon Walker catching bombs for Denver this season, but the following exchange from Chris Havel's Monday night chat made me feel a little better. Walker's and Greg Jennings' stats are nearly identical. I think it's a little misleading, because Denver's offense has been so run-oriented and they've mostly been playing with leads, but still, I agree with Havel that this trade has been good for both sides:

steve, mansfield,tx.: chris:have we compared stat between walker and jennings? walker an all pro and jennings a rookie with no up side as some experts say. walker has 388 yds, 20 catchs, 2tds. jennings has 364yds,20 catchs,3tds. your comments please. thank you.

ch: All I hear is that the Packers were crazy to trade Javon Walker, and that they must really miss him. If Walker was still here, Greg Jennings wouldn't be. The stats are a draw, and Jennings is just a rookie and he wants to be in Green Bay. I'd say the trade was mutually beneficial.

2. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

No upside??? Did they wait for them to sober up before asking the question?

3. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You think Greg Jennings takes kindly to your mockery? Greg Jennings bleeds Hall of Fame and 6-time MVP. Greg Jennings has no upside because it's impossible for him to be any better.

4. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ...and if he were Chuck Norris, he'd roundhouse you in the face! :razz:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

5. Drich318

Drich318 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I really like what Jennings has done so far, but I still would have liked to have Walker right now. Now in a year or two, Jennings will probably surpass Walker, but right now Walker is the better NFL WR. With that said, I do like what TT need in trading Walker and essentially getting 5 draft picks for him. And his replacement Jennings isn't struggling with the NFL game, at least not yet, let's hope he continues to be successful.