Walker vs. Jennings

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been torture watching Javon Walker catching bombs for Denver this season, but the following exchange from Chris Havel's Monday night chat made me feel a little better. Walker's and Greg Jennings' stats are nearly identical. I think it's a little misleading, because Denver's offense has been so run-oriented and they've mostly been playing with leads, but still, I agree with Havel that this trade has been good for both sides:

steve, mansfield,tx.: chris:have we compared stat between walker and jennings? walker an all pro and jennings a rookie with no up side as some experts say. walker has 388 yds, 20 catchs, 2tds. jennings has 364yds,20 catchs,3tds. your comments please. thank you.

ch: All I hear is that the Packers were crazy to trade Javon Walker, and that they must really miss him. If Walker was still here, Greg Jennings wouldn't be. The stats are a draw, and Jennings is just a rookie and he wants to be in Green Bay. I'd say the trade was mutually beneficial.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
It's been torture watching Javon Walker catching bombs for Denver this season, but the following exchange from Chris Havel's Monday night chat made me feel a little better. Walker's and Greg Jennings' stats are nearly identical. I think it's a little misleading, because Denver's offense has been so run-oriented and they've mostly been playing with leads, but still, I agree with Havel that this trade has been good for both sides:

steve, mansfield,tx.: chris:have we compared stat between walker and jennings? walker an all pro and jennings a rookie with no up side as some experts say. walker has 388 yds, 20 catchs, 2tds. jennings has 364yds,20 catchs,3tds. your comments please. thank you.

ch: All I hear is that the Packers were crazy to trade Javon Walker, and that they must really miss him. If Walker was still here, Greg Jennings wouldn't be. The stats are a draw, and Jennings is just a rookie and he wants to be in Green Bay. I'd say the trade was mutually beneficial.

No upside??? Did they wait for them to sober up before asking the question?

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

You think Greg Jennings takes kindly to your mockery? Greg Jennings bleeds Hall of Fame and 6-time MVP. Greg Jennings has no upside because it's impossible for him to be any better.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
You think Greg Jennings takes kindly to your mockery? Greg Jennings bleeds Hall of Fame and 6-time MVP. Greg Jennings has no upside because it's impossible for him to be any better.

...and if he were Chuck Norris, he'd roundhouse you in the face! :razz:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like what Jennings has done so far, but I still would have liked to have Walker right now. Now in a year or two, Jennings will probably surpass Walker, but right now Walker is the better NFL WR. With that said, I do like what TT need in trading Walker and essentially getting 5 draft picks for him. And his replacement Jennings isn't struggling with the NFL game, at least not yet, let's hope he continues to be successful.

Members online

Latest posts